Matthew McConaughey & Girlfriend Expecting!

Matthew McConaughey

Matthew McConaughey and girlfriend Camila Alves are expecting a child, the actor announced Tuesday on his Web site.

“My girlfriend Camila and I made a baby together,” Matthew writes. “It’s 3 months growin in her womb and all looks healthy and lively so far. We are stoked and wowed by this miracle of creation and this gift from God, and so excited for the adventure that will come in raising this child, being mother and a father, and shepherding him or her through this life.”

Matthew adds: “Wish us the best, keep us in your prayers, and God bless evolution. Thanks for being fans of me and my work and now this new and miraculous chapter in my life, as me and Camila and our child do our best to just keep living.”

People’s “Sexiest Man Alive” from 2005 signs his message, “Wow, McConaughey.”

Matthew, 38, met Camila, 24, a Brazilian model whose family moved to L.A. when she was young, more than a year ago. Since then, they have been together constantly – and often in the Ocean – riding the waves last year from Australia, where he filmed Fool’s Gold, to the Bahamas, where he shot the comedy Surfer Dude.

“He is euphoric. He couldn’t be happier,” says his rep Alan Nierob.

Longtime Matthew pal Mark Gustawes, who is producing Surfer Dude, says the couple are “incredibly happy.”

“I can only hope that one day the love I have with the woman carrying my child is equivalent to the love Matthew and Camila share,” says Mark Gustawes. “That’s a tall bar. In my opinion, the child will be raised with more love than it knows what to do with.”

Best Wishes!

Comments

1. Zbella says

Congrats! I’m on the “live and let live” side of things. My children were born in wed-lock but I was not a virgin bride. I believe in a just and forgiving God. And I do sleep well at night. 🙂

2. Lisa Langford says

I think Matthew is a really nice looking guy, and I think he would be a romantic guy toward his girlfriend he just seems to be so fun-loving.

3. Jx2 says

Yes, he does have effeminate features! Personally, he does not turn my crank. I can see why woman take to him though, he is such a golden playboy!

4. carleigh says

AMEN Jordan!!

Julie, get a clue….nobody said anything about disgrace and if you feel that as an American you are being laughed at then go live in Pakistan for the love of pete…..I’m sure they’d welcome you there.

5. pat says

Congrats to both of them. I think he will make a great dad he is so excited about it and he has waited until a little later than some Hollywood actors have, maybe everything will be fantastic for everyone. We can hope so, and wish them well.

6. boo says

Oh Julie please… you can’t stand the fact that We are right!!! You know Darn well you have at one time AND another I’m sure done something that has been against the bible. Something as small as Talking bad behind someones back is against the bible and WE HAVE ALL had bad things to say about people we don’t care for.

Enough with this Saint routine, noones buying it!
    I can only say that if breaking any of the Ten Commandments were to condemn you from making it into heaven then My goodness it is going to be next to empty!!!
    Quit worrying about all of the Innocent expectant Unwed parents that are preparing to bring Babies into the World and start worrying about the Murderers, Child Molesters, frauds, etc that are out there today destroying families lives and happiness at every turn!!

7. Andi says

Im a believer in God, but I really get so mad at other Christians! No wonder people run the other way when all they hear about God is how he’ll cast you all into hell.
    Not one of us can judge another, remember that plank in your eye?
    Love, people!! thats what God is about…and people need to hear more about this and less sanctimonius drivel.

Oh and Im so happy for Matthew and Camila! He is just so lovely 🙂

8. Jx2 says

#48 Hell Yea!!
    As a teen I never honoured my parents. I was a handful…never stole or did drugs but my gothic appearance was enough to upset them for a few years…and also shaving my head at one point didn’t help. LOL

9. The TEN Commandments!!! says

The Ten Commandments

1.I AM THE LORD THY GOD, THOU SHALT NOT HAVE strange gods BEFORE ME.
    2.THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN
    3.REMEMBER THOU KEEP HOLY THE SABBATH DAY
    4.HONOR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER
    5.THOU SHALT NOT KILL
    6.THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY
    7.THOU SHALT NOT STEAL
    8.THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR
    9.THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR’S WIFE
    10.THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR’S GOODS

To All you Holier then thou peeps… tell me you haven’t broken at least ONE of these commandments in your life time? Cheated on a Boyfriend? Stolen anything… a candybar, CD, movie, shirt W/E? Disrespected your parents growing up?Used Slander, Lie, Hate, used the term JC or GD (aka also known as the lords name in vain)
    If so then you are a hypocrite!! Judging all of the unwed Parents when you yourselves have done wrong by the bible as well!!

10. dori says

well…. I’m not impressed… Matthew is known for being a playboy and unable to make a committment .I guess getting pregnant was one way to hook this guy. But I doubt he will marry her. And with his track record with women, he won’t stick around too long either .

11. jessica says

Prgirl:

“as well as everyone else knows, is in fact, wrong. And that’s conceiving out-of-wedlock”

acutally I wasn’t aware this was wrong? I think war is wrong, and killing people is wrong, but I wasn’t aware that having a baby was wrong.

“Truth is, few people have a moral compass that they live by these days”

No, I think most people have a moral compass it just happens that they don’t have the same one as you.

“The Bible is not a cafeteria line, people. You can’t just pick and choose what and when you want to believe”

I take it then that you obey ALL of what is written in the bible? doesn’t it say you shouldn’t eat shellfish? or wear two different kinds of fabric? or use contraception? do you do any of those things?

I don’t believe in god. I wasn’t bought up to believe in god, and it annoys me when people use god as an excuse to be rude and judgemental.

12. jessica says

I know couples that have been together for more than 40 years and never been married and yes they had children and their children had children, and to be honest they seem more well adjusted than some children with married parents.

Apart from that I think there are more important things to worry about when having a child, than if your married or not.

13. Generic name says

Opzz..I’m wrong! the pregnancy is not unexpected! “My girlfriend Camila and I made a baby together,” Matthew writes. I think it was planned, so that means..the baby is not conceived out of wedlock!

14. Generic name says

I never though he’s already 38! he looks younger than I though…they engaged pre marital sex, pregnancy is unexpected..but they are in love couple..they are both adults
    and as long as that they are ready for the responsibility.. soooo no prob. at all!

15. carleigh says

PRGal…..”explain it away”, isn’t that what you are doing everytime you respond? You are no better or worse than anyone else. Remeber the scripture teaches lessons about those who pass judgement on others, which is what you are doing. I am not put on this earth to be judged by you or anyone else, the only one who will do that is God.
    What makes you think yourself so pristine and moral? Where do you get off preaching about what’s right or wrong? Last time I checked I believe we all come equipped with our own moral compass and as if this world isn’t hard enough there are those like yourself who want to hop up on the soapbox of religion and morality.
    While I appreciate everyone’s right to freedom of speech and an opinion, it’s when someone comes on here preaching that gets my panties in a bit of a twist…yes I do wear panties…I’m not A-moral like Britney! But I do not need you or anyone else pitying me for some type of self-perceived rightous indignation you possess.
    When you choose to make blanket statements and spout off personal beliefs rather than OPINION, this is where it leaves you open for personal scrutiny. I didn’t bring this sh*t storm down on you, you did that by your remarks.
    Don’t pity me, don’t feel sorry for me and don’t worry about my salvation, I don’t need your prayers or any of your false sentiments. I am perfectly content with my life, I have two beautiful little girls and I know when I go to sleep at night that I have lived that day to the fullest and best of my ability….and I don’t squander the gifts I am given, I use them.

16. Lauren says

Congratulations to Matt and Camilla. They seem happy together and they’ll have a gorgeous baby. Who cares if they’re married or not?! As long as they’re good people and parents to their child, that’s all that matters.

17. Shera says

My post is awaiting moderation? It was posted less than one minute ago. Someone must be testy. Whatever.

18. DMITZ says

Oriana, I was thinking the same thing (Matt Damon’s wife). I bet their child will look like Matt’s daughter.

Hope you are doing well. We are soooo cold here in Dallas. I’m sure 40’s isn’t that bad, but I’m a wuss for cold weather. I love it though! We are getting a cold front tomorrow.

19. DMITZ says

Who cares if they are married or not? They are two consenting adults, it’s not like we’re talking about Jamie Lynn again.

They could get married in a few months, a few years, or never. That doesn’t mean they aren’t capable of loving their child any more or any less than a couple who is married. Don’t they let unmarried couples adopt? Seems to me if it were such a big deal the answer to that question would be no.

I’m 28 years old so I’m not that old, not that young. When I was growing up, I was one of the few that my parents were still together. Everyone had a step mother/step father. I thought I was the one out of place b/c my parents were still (and thankfully still are) married.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope that when my children grow up and decide to start a family, I hope they will be settled and married, but if they are not, I hope they are happy and do what works for them. But these aren’t my children nor are they yours so just be happy and quit judging others. Worry about the way you raise your own children.

20. samsmom says

I am not sure I am understanding all of the “if God didn’t want to bless them with a baby, then it wouldn’t have happened” comments.
    Umm, God gives everyone free will to choose and that includes choosing to break his moral code and yes even choosing to not believe in him.
    So, if that first argument stands then I guess we can say, if God did not want that child abused, or that woman killed, or that animal mistreated, then it would not have happened.
    People make these decisions, not God, but he does hold us responsible for them.
    BTW, I have nothing against Matthew and Camila. I hope they have a beautiful healthy baby.

21. PRGal A.K.A. Christian Freak, Jesus Freak says

2teens3beans,

You just keep right on telling yourself that.

And the rest of you, especially you, poor poor Carleigh,

Whatever gets you to sleep at night.

As far as the Bible goes, it is the Word of God. Not the Word of Man.

But explain away as you wish. Now go hop into bed.

Sweet dreams.

22. 2teens3beans says

Right on, Carleigh!
    PRGirl, newsflash… the bible was written by MEN, not by god. It was written during a time when women were considered inferior to men and nothing more than property. There are bible stories I remember where men who were unable to conceive with their wives then forced female servants to do the job. They were not married to the female servants… imagine that!
    At the end of the road when you meet your maker, do you really think he will give a rat’s a@@ whether or not you married your baby daddy? I don’t think he will. I think he will care about who you are inside your heart.

23. boo says

I’m with you Carleigh, Tia, Dnice etc

Who Gives a FLYING F*** If they aren’t Married… How many times do people have to bring this up on here….WE DON’T CARE!!!!!! I to was one of those “unwed” mothers up until a few monts ago and my oldest is 4 and a half, but Daddy and I have been Happily together for 5 and a half years now and thats all that matters.
    Marriage was never our first priority when we found out we were pregnant and we really didn’t worry about it until a year and a half ago when we began the planning process.
    We weren’t even Engaged until my youngest was 6 mos old… thats right girls I had 2 children with My BOYFRIEND…Ooooh I’ve sinned… I guess I’m going to He**!!!!!

She kind of reminds me of Matt Damon’s wife a little bit, only I think this girl is much prettier.

25. katie says

they are having a baby together and they are happy they can still get married before the baby comes

26. Tia :) says

Carleigh, i agree 100% with you…and you can’t say it’s because I had a child out of wedlock either PRgal…i was married for 2 yrs before my daughter was born. It isnt the childs fault, and to be quite honest with you very close friends of my husband and I have a child and they are not getting married…the babys mother doesnt believe in it, and it works for them. They’re happy…to each his own!!

27. katie says

i totally agree with carleigh people have diffrent views on marrige and children. i think that if you are happy with your partner and ready for a baby then i think you should have a baby.
    and PRGal i think you should keep your god belives to your self.

congrats to matthew and Camila hope you have a nice heathly baby.

28. carleigh says

Sorry for the double post….for some reason the submit button registered the post before it was complete. My fault, sorry guys.

29. carleigh says

PR Girl,
    Please don’t make generalizations about me and my life and the way I am raising my children. You didn’t “push” any personal buttons with me as I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on this blog. I know what I believe and that being said, my comments were directed at you because you are coming off as very preachy and holier-than-thou, are you perfect? I would think you should take a look at your own personal life before you go throwing stones at anyone else about personal situations that you know nothing about.
    There are many, many reasons why two people get divorced and I don’t think I need to draw you a picture or explain to you in grave detail why marriages don’t work out…..for whatever the reasons. Yes, the children do suffer I will grant you that, but everyone loses in divorce and I don’t know of one person who ever got married because they thought somewhere down the road they would end up being divorced even after viewing statistical data. Statistical data aside, it doesn’t deter anyone from following their hearts now does it? If that were the case, then nobody would bother getting married would they? Statistics DON’T dictate how I run my life or how I raise my children, I raise my children to be the best people they can be, because when they go forth in this world they are representing of me and what I’ve taught them in this life.
    I would have loved the opportunity to raise my children in a two parent home with a loving, caring, stable father, but as it is that isn’t possible, and I refuse to raise them in anything but the best environment I can possibly give them.
    You know nothing of my faith in God, you know nothing of my personal beliefs so please stop with the blanket statements. You cannot rip me down by making baseless comments and generalizations about me when you have nothing solid to back up anything you say.
    As for picking and chosing what I personally believe from the Bible……sadly you are again ill informed as to what my personal beliefs are all about, so again, you are clueless. I don’t choose to engage you in a battle of the Bible, my personal beliefs, how I parent my children, or how I happen to live my life…because it is simply none of your business and not something that I choose to indulge you with.
    You have your beliefs and just like me and everyone else here, we are certainly entitled to ours. In the meantime why don’t you go and study up on YOUR GOD & your own personal beliefs before you go on attacking people whose opinions simply differ from your own.
    Don’t generalize, don’t personalize and don’t make statements about anyone else until you and your own life is perfect, which it will never be because nobody is perfect and I have no reason to try and live up to yours or anyone elses overinflated sense of perfection. Have a nice day!

30. carleigh says

PR Girl,

31. Julie says

you dont have to be christian to know conceiving out-of wedlock is wrong. ask other major religions…even w/o a religion you know its wrong…..its just having good morals.

32. Émilie says

So, if a man beats his wife and do that for a very long time, the woman should stay with the husband because “it’s the right thing to do”?? She should think of what “God” wants before her own health and her security?

And if her husband is a cheater, should she forget it just because some christian freaks like you doesn’t like the idea of a strong single mother?

33. PRGal says

One final thought …

Carleigh, how can you raise your kids to “know God in their life” (whatever in the world that means) if …

You’re teaching them every day to IGNORE His desires for your life?

I just love how people refer to “God” when it comes to creating babies and dying. Examples: I don’t believe in God, but I’m so thankful to “God” for bringing this bundle of joy into my life or, my favorite … “Grandma is in Heaven.” Grandma hanged herself or took a bottle of pills, but Gma’s in Heaven.

I think not.

The Bible is not a cafeteria line, people. You can’t just pick and choose what and when you want to believe.

But carry on …

34. PRGal says

Why, Carleigh … seems I pushed one of your buttons. You must be one of those out-of-wedlock mothers I was referring to.

First of all, let’s get one thing straight. The comment was made to the board — not to you. Now if you took my comments to heart and they triggered some sort of need to defend the lifestyle you’ve chosen or method in which you raise your little ones, I’m sorry. Really I am. However, just because the divorce rate is 60% and people are choosing the easy route of ditching their problems rather than working on them, does not mean it should be the default as to how you run YOUR life. Christian or not, if God (who you refer to in your post) helped bring two people together who, in turn, made a baby, wouldn’t common sense tell you that should continue into the child’s life. Sometimes, it’s not about what WE want, it’s about WHAT’S RIGHT. Seems that’s the issue here.

So, in the future, when I post something, please deal with your own issues and don’t make me explain my position to you — someone I don’t know nor care to.

I suspect you’re one of those “It has to always be about me” types, so please, if something feels “off” in your life, seek counseling. I’m just merely stating my opinion. If that makes you uncomfortable or remorseful, or even push you to eat an entire batch of cookies while contemplating your life’s choices, so be it.

35. Émilie says

PRGal, not everybody is a christian freak like you are. A lot of people don’t believe in God and you should try to respect their belief too.

36. carleigh says

PR Girl…what kind of message does this send to the child who was conceived?? It would tell this child that the parents loved this child enough to not abort it for one thing. Have you checked the recent divorce rates in this country?? Most children who are conceived and born into the bonds of holy wedlock aren’t in fact raised in two parent families with MARRIED parents. You can save your preachy lessons about morality to others who share your archaic views and I know from my own personal perspective that I raise my children to be kind, thoughtful, compassionate, children who know God in their life, I don’t need people like you shoving morals and religion down my throat on a baby blog…so save it! Maybe if you came across as a person more stating your opinions than preaching your BELIEFS than I wouldn’t have felt the need to respond, but as it is you are preaching and who are you to decide what’s right or wrong for anyone. You live your life and I’ll live mine the way I choose. Best of luck to you!

37. Tia :) says

You know, im getting so sick of people complaining about children being born out of wedlock. WHO CARES?!? You live your life your way, other people live life their way!! Some people dont believe in marriage. As long as the child has 2 loving parents does it really matter?? It’s not like these people are18 yrs old for god sakes! Welcome to the year 2008 people!!

That being said #11, not everyone believes in God, so they may not think your way.

38. Just me says

I’m kind of shocked. I guess I never pegged him as the father type. But he sounds really happy!!

39. PRGal says

I AGREE WITH JULIE 100%. The reason you all are saying that Julie’s in the “stone age” is simply because you’re trying to justify something that you, as well as everyone else knows, is in fact, wrong. And that’s conceiving out-of-wedlock. Whenever we as people do something wrong, one of the first things we try to do is justify it – somehow. Children as little as 2 y/o do the same thing. The difference? WE ARE ADULTS. And WE KNOW it’s wrong. Truth is, few people have a moral compass that they live by these days. And everyone’s doing it. Therefore, it’s become acceptable. Ta dah! Personally, I believe it’s a spit in God’s face TO KNOW HIS LAW AND THEN KNOWINGLY DO THE OPPOSITE. I would much rather do as He asks and live in the stone age, and then hear, “Well done, good and faithful one” when I meet Him face to face. Also, have any of you stopped to think what kind of message that sends to the child who was conceived? Children NEED two parents WHO ARE MARRIED. Period.

40. Tia :) says

Ohhhhh Matthew. Now this is one guy i can stare at allll day!!! mmmm! haha!

Congrats! I hope the baby has his adorable dimples!

41. Cathi says

matthew is a cutie….. “my girlfriend and i made a baby together.” he’s like a little kid. best wishes to them.

42. LAURIE HARRIS says

MAYBE JENNIFER GARNER CAN GIVE HIM SOME TIPS ON BEING A PARENT.. SINCE SHE IS WORKING WITH HIM IN THE MOVIE GHOST OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST
    IN FEBRUARY…

MATTHEW AND BEN DID A MOVIE TOGETHER CALLED
    DAZED AND CONFUSED WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED
    THEIR CAREERS

43. Amy says

All I have to say is good luck & best wishes. One more thing to all who say kids shouldn’t be born out of wedlock if God didn;t want it to happen it wouldn’t. plus guys change after you marry them. yes all three of my girls were born in wedlock. so if matthew and Camila happy that is all that matter. I will pray all is well.

44. Dnice says

Julie, Please get out of the stone age. The divorce rate in America is above 60%. Marriage is a beautiful sanction, but it doesn’t work for everyone and if they are content and in love and have the best interest of the child, then that’s all that matters. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and we are extremely happy. I would be just as happy if we never took that plunge. People have to do what works for them and if they are happy, then so be it. “God is not happy to see another child out of wedlock” You sound prehistoric.

45. carleigh says

Julie…people have sex, they have babies and yes sometimes out of wedlock…it happens…get over it and don’t bring God into it because it makes you feel justified in passing judgement. The fact is that children are Gods greatest gift and true miracles…..and if God did’nt want to bless them with a baby they never would have become pregnant in the first place. JMO..your post is a blatant contridiction….read it again!

46. Julie says

i’m so happy to hear they will have a baby, but i’m not sure God is happy to see another child conceived out of wed-lock…

47. carleigh says

I, for one, cannot wait to see this baby!!! A combination of her dark beauty and his dimples should make for a striking little pea pod!! He seems happier than ever and it’s great to see a Daddy-to-be brimming with excitement and happiness…congrats to Matthew and Camila!!

48. boo says

Well I think this is WONDERFUL News!
    Congratulations to them, They are Happy, They are in Love and They are both ecstatic about this pending Birth. Good For them!
    I wish them all the best and for Camila to have a very healthy Pregnancy 🙂