Nicole Richie & Joel Madden Welcome A Daughter

Nicole Richie

Nicole Richie and her boyfriend Joel Madden have welcomed a daughter.

Harlow Winter Kate Madden was born Friday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and weighed 6 lbs., 7 oz.

“The beautiful healthy baby girl left the hospital with her ecstatic parents,” says the rep.

The couple have yet to set a wedding date, but in September Joel said that “marriage is in our future” – he just wasn’t sure when. “Right now our priority is our family and is the baby,” he said. “That’s all we’ve been thinking about. We are in love and are really happy.”

UPDATE: A smiling Lionel Richie and his wife Brenda have arrived at L.A.’s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Mom Brenda showed up first with two others and was escorted by the plain clothes security. Then Lionel showed up with Nicole’s half-sister, Sophia, and they headed toward the labor and delivery area. After that, the parents, part of about eight people, then headed to a waiting room and sipped on Diet Cokes. Nicole Richie arrived at the hospital late Thursday.

Source & Source

Hi My name is Winter to and I think it is awsome to have a famous person’s daughter have the same name so yeah i just wanted to say Congrats and much more. get me back on OMG

2. Natalie Nichols says

I wonder if the babies name is taken from the famous old actress Jean Harlow, the original blond bombshell?! I hope someone asks her…curious! It would be nice for an actress to to notice another like that!

3. dori says

Harow for Jean Harlow I think it’s a very pretty name. Congratulations to them both. Can’t wait to see pictures!

4. amy says

Ok, I have to agree with some others on here that the 1st thing I thought when I heard “Harlow” was “Harlot”. I am mixed on it as a name…I think Kate Winter Madden is lovely. Or maybe Kate Harlow Madden. But Harlow first just seems a little “off” even though it is a throw-back to Jean Harlow. Just being honest here..

No matter, I’m glad her baby is healthy. I hope she stays on the right track now. I especially hope she raises Harlow to be a humble, respectful, disciplined, and appreciative girl-
    something sadly Nicole lacked (lacks?). I hope this baby has made her appreciate everything more…and not take things for granted.

-Amy USA

5. Sheniqua says

LADIES… I AM BACK!!!! Omg i have missed you guys SOOO much. I luv postin on this web site, and i have missed it so the last few months. for all y’al that’s missed me, heres wats been happnin in the life of Sheniqua: first of all, the reason i aint been postin is cuz i got into som minor trouble with the law (we aint gonna talk bout that…all y’al gotta know is it was Bull S***!!!!!) anyway, it was against my parol to post on websites, but ive been coming to this website anyways under cover on my baby sista Rochelanda’s computer thingy. i am currently SINGLE!!!!!!!! so come get me BRAD!!!! DENZEL???? TOM??? ANYBODY!!!!!!! i look forward to connecting with old friends like Dewey, orianna, and miapocca, and of course the all powerful web mistress!!!!! LUV YOU B******

Nicki, I remember back in my day, we suffered long hard Labor, hours and hours. The only way there would be a C Section is if the baby was turned wrong or the mother absolutely couldn’t do it, times have changed now!

7. Nicki says

oriana~LOL-I thought she was too tiny to even concieve. I’m glad everything went well for them. I think they are happy too.
    Enjoy your day.

Hi Nicki, that is good to know. I thought she might be too tiny to deliver naturally but guess she did just fine. I think they are truely happy together. Have a good day!!!!

9. Nicki says

Congratulations to Nicole and Joel. I like the name
    Harlow Winter Kate Madden.

oriaina~I believe Nicole had a natural delievery. I read somewhere that Joel was heard telling Benji-his twin-in the waiting room she was about to start pushing, and then he went back to her.
    I could be wrong, but who knows. I’m glad everything went well for her and the baby.

Does every celebrity now have a C Section? I thought natural childbirth was the way to go if possible. In my day a woman only had a C Section if unable to have it natural, now it seems like EVERYONE is having a scheduled C Section, getting their nails and hair done and planning it every step of the way!

11. Cathi says

nicole had a baby gi-rl…nicole had a baby gi-rl…

just felt like posting a little jingle. guess i’m bored.

Hi Randy and wife, Paris Hilton sends her regards to Nicole and to you, That’s HOT!!!!! Ha! Congrats from me again, and I wish you a healthy baby!

13. Cathi says

congratulations randy! it’s nice to have a father post on this site for a change. when is your baby due?

14. Randy Orton says

I am expecting my first child with my wife Samantha. I hope this peson would put me on this site because Celebrity Baby Blog did so I think they are a better site. Please help me celebrate this joyful time with my wife and I

15. fee says

yeah i think all the media outlets were reporting that they were expecting a boy. guess they fooled everyone huh?

I like the name and I do think she will be a good mother.

As far as the cursing goes, I think that is her true nature and it didn’t surprise me at all.

17. dori says

Congratulations Nicole and Joel!! For some reason I thought they were expecting a boy too. I wish them much happiness. I’m sure they will be great parents.

18. Jx2 says

#43 – 5 kids !!? Why? Do you live on a farm or a ranch and need help with the livestock and horses?
    Who has 5 kids these days?
    95% of the people I know have 1 child maximum, with the exception of my S-I-L who has 3 children and everybody is in utter shock that she has 3 !!

19. carleigh says

I like the name Harlow…by celeb standards it is pretty tame. Patricia Arquette’s daughter is named Harlow Olivia Calliope…another one with three names, kind of makes me wonder if this is a growing trend among celebs? I am sure this is going to be a beautiful baby and I can’t wait to see pictures. I hope Nicole keeps on some of the baby weight because she needs a little meat on her bones, in my opinion she never looked more radiant and healthy than while pregnant. I like the name Harlow, it reminds me of old Hollywood glamour, i.e. Jean the “Original” Harlow. Also I believe that Joley Fischers daughters name is Tru Harlow or something like that so I believe this name is on the rise.

20. Cathi says

thanks boo. i only had a quick delivery for my 3rd child and she came out so fast, she needed oxygen!

all this baby talk makes me want a 5th.

21. boo says

I understood what you meant Cathi!

I never cursed either during my deliveries… but then again I hdd very quick and easy deliveries both times so I didn’t really have the chance to cuss anybody out!lol

22. Cathi says

kasey, lighten up a little bit. i agree that being blessed with a child is a gift from God. i have 4 children and have been through labor and delivery. it hurts. alot! and not everybody has it totally together enough to censor everything coming out of their mouth during labor. i was just kidding around by saying that if nicole uses curse words on a regular basis, then i’m sure she let a few of them slip during labor. that’s all. i didn’t mean to offend anyone.

23. fee says

congrats to the couple.

i actually kinda like the name. there is something very classic about it, but yet very modern and unique.

24. Jx2 says

Cathi – Most shows have writers that write up the script and dialogue for the actors. So if Nicole was swearing a lot on the show – it probably was because she told to do so. Swearing is the least of her troubles. She has a lot more demons to address.

25. Kasey says

Yes I have watched the show. I am just saying at the birth of a child there are women who think this is a special spiritual time that would not dare to use foul language at such a blessed moment in life. I do not use cuss words in normal speaking and would not at the birth of my child, maybe Nicole did the same who knows.

26. Jenna M (UK) says

#28, I can immediately see at least eight mistakes in your post. You come across as not being entirely “there”. Not the full shilling, you know? Not because of the lack of basic English skills but because of what you wrote. I won’t be wasting my time replying to you again. Goodbye.

27. Cathi says

+-+-+-+-+-+- i know what AN opinion is, thanks anyway. just remember that if you are going to insult someone on a blog, there will be insults back at you.

my opinion on her name is….i don’t like it, but there are worse names out there. atleast you can sound out harlow and spell it correctly. the names i really don’t like are names that nobody can pronounce correctly or spell. i know this will insult some people but names like: ferquan and shaniqua and ternazialee are the worst. they are like last names as first names. in my opinion, it is alot for a kid to deal with. then when the child grows up, it is still a problem. at work, these people have to constantly spell their names and correct people if they want their names to be pronounced right. what’s in a name? apparantly alot!

28. Kasey says

why would you think she cursed during her labor? how dumb of a comment to make. Do you naturally think a woman would cuss during labor? I didnt during any of my babies birth.

29. Cathi says

LOL! i was just thinking that nicole probably cursed so much during her labor. the nurses ears are most likely still ringing from the abuse. i really like nicole and can’t wait to see this baby girl.

30. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_ says

let state a opinion, my grammer is a lot better than some on this site that i have read. A opinion is a comment made by a person about a subject. Yours however stupid, or dumb, ignorant (you get the meaning) it may be is yours and mine is mine. hope your not to dumb to get it.

31. Cathi says

+-+-+-+- ect. real mature comment there. oh, and in case you’re too dumb to get it…i am being sarcastic.

now for the important issue! nicole had a baby girl!! i am so happy that she had a girl. i can’t wait to see pics of this baby.

i was surprised to read that she left the hospital the same day the baby was born. guess she got special celeb treatment to protect their privacy and for the protection of all the other moms and babies in the maternity ward. whatever the reason, i hope nicole is doing well and getting some rest.

32. Jenna M (UK) says

Pressed “submit” too soon, also meant to say that I was not criticising the parents for choosing that name, just stating what I thought about it. That is what this site is for!

As for #24, to be called an idiot by someone with grammar as appalling as yours isn’t exactly an insult, its just hilarious!

33. Jenna M (UK) says

#18 Kiia, I was merely stating my opinion. Too me, “Harlow” does sound a lot like “Harlot”. Do you not speak English as a first language? Its only the last syllable that is slightly different. Please do not try to correct me (especially if YOU get it wrong) , I knew what I was saying.

34. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_ says

well you do have your opinion as you stated. and here is mine its a unique name and i love it. oh ! and your a stupid idiot. there. theres my opinion

35. Kara says

Harlow is a stupid name. Why are celebrities always naming their kids such stupid names? Apple? Moxie Crimefighter? I also think Harlow sounds like Harlot, too

36. miapocca says

#2 that was hilarious and never though of it , but so true…in their circles where they call eah other bit-ch everyday, it will so hilarious when the kids start saying..,hey harlo(t/w) bit-ch, get me a shot..

Congratulations to them

37. Grandma of 4 says

Excellent news! I am so old and conventional, I would have liked to see marriage 1st…then the baby carriage. However, this couple obviously is committed to one another and they appear to be making every effort to do what they feel is the right thing for themselves, their baby, and their families! I have been impressed at the recent maturity and responsibility Nicole has shown. She is quite the hip gal and I think this little baby will have a happy upbringing! Also, congratulations to this couple for their foundation! Very good hearted of them to do this and it will be nice to see the direction it takes in the future. Baby Harlow is one lucky little chick! 🙂

38. Jamie67 says

Yay..for Nicole an Joel!!
    I don’t know about the name though!!
    Harlow Kate ,i digg ,but Winter… ?????
    I hope she doesn’t go back to her ol’ self!!

39. Kiia says

Awww contratulations to them! xx

wtf how does harlow sound like harlot? It ‘sounds’ nothing like, you mean it has a similar spelling. That is all.
    Idiot much?!
    I like the name, not sure abut ‘Winter’ but like Harlow Kate.

40. Angel says

She’s had her baby? It seemed like she just became pregnant yesterday! Well congratulations Nicole.

41. Ali says

congrats! i think she has changed so much and will be a good mom!

i also like the way she thinks of people who do not have much…. she donated so much and is the only one who tried to help.

42. Mystic Mommy says

That’s awesome news! I really like this couple. They look like they will be good parents. I’m sure that they smoke pot. I just hope that they don’t do drugs in front of the baby. That would be so sad.

43. boo says

This is Fantastic News… Another baby I look forward to seeing pictures of!!! I’m sure she is Beautiful… and her name is Definitely a unique one!!

44. Chatty Cathy says

I wish them every happiness–they deserve it! And I agree, she looks beautiful & radiant while pregnant….

45. Blair says

Eeeekk! How exciting! LOL….I don’t mean to be lame, but the whole time, I kept hearing that she was expecting a boy. Of coure a child of either gender is a blessing, but Nicole just seems meant to have a daughter…Can you imagine how dolled up this little girl is going to be in all the trendiest little fashions…Aw, I can’t wait! Anyways, what great new…Congratulations to them!

46. nan says

They left the hospital the same day she gave birth?
    Joely Fisher named her second daughter True Harlow.

47. 2teens3beans says

Somebody else has named their baby Harlow, I can’t recall just now… another celeb. It’s a different name, but not bad. Congrats to Nicole & Joel!

48. pat says

I am so happy for them. It’s a beautiful name for their baby, it’s different and I love it. I’ll miss seeing her pregnant she looked so good.