Britney Tested & Found Free Of Drugs & Alcohol

Britney Spears

(Above is a pic of Britney and Sean from about one year ago)

Britney tested free of illegal drugs and alcohol during her two-night stay at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a reliable source has told People magazine.

“She tested clean,” the source says. “This lady is as clean as clean can be, and has been for some time.”

The source adds the pop star never threatened suicide during the four-hour standoff at her Studio City home on Januray 3rd, saying such rumors were “bull—-.”

Britney, 26, was hospitalized early the morning of January 4th under California’s “5150 Hold,” in which she was deemed a danger to herself or others and could be held for 72 hours for evaluation. Based on officers’ observations at the scene, police said she appeared to be “under the influence of an unknown substance.”

Two separate sources who are acquaintances of the family tell People magazine they believe Britney has an undiagnosed bipolar disorder. One of those sources says Britney has “suffered from a psychological disease for years.”

Britney left the hospital on Saturday, well before the 72 hours. Patients can be released early if doctors determine they no longer require treatment or evaluation.

“The 5150 legality is very loose,” says Dr. Nathan Kuemmerle, a West Hollywood psychiatrist. “The 72 hours are not firm. All it requires is an ER psychiatrist to release the patient. … If Britney isn’t suicidal or homicidal, she doesn’t need to be hospitalized.”

Also, Dr. Phil was enlisted by Britney’s mother to help out. She had contacted him when she found out that Britney was going to be released so soon from the hospital.

Comments

1. gemma says

i love you i really do i la la la love you
    your my everything your my world
    i la la la la love youuuuuuuu

2. LAURIE says

I THINK IT’S VERY HARD TO NURTURE YOU ‘R CHILDREN WITH SO MUCH CRITISIM THE BIBLE SAID FOR THE OLDER WOMEN TO TRAIN UP THE YOUNGER WHERE’S HER MOM? IT’S SO EASY TO BE CRIDICAL THAN SUPPORTING AND HELPFULL THESE DAY’S WHAT IS WRONG. PEOPLE DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE BIBLE, THEY SAY I’M NOT A CHRISTION SO I CAN JUDGE YOU AND COMDEM YOU. WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PIC. LIKE THE BIBLE SAIS PEOPLE NEED THE LORD. WITHOUT IT THE BAD HUMAN NATURE SHOW’S AND IT SHOWING BAD! ON THE PEOPLE THAT DON’T SUPPORT HER AND THESE KID’S THEY ARE NOT A TOY YOU ALL FIGHT OVER, THEY NEED BOTH PARENTS TO BE LOVING AND NURTURING.

3. LAURIE says

I THINK IT’S VERY HARD TO NURTURE YOU ‘R CHILDREN WHITH SO MUCH CRITISIM THE BIBLE SAID FOR THE OLDER WOMEN TO TRAIN UP THE YOUNGER WHERE’S HER MOM? IT’S SO EASY TO BE CRIDICAL THAN SUPPORTING AND HELPFULL THESE DAY’S WHAT IS WRONG. PEOPLE DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE BIBLE, THEY SAY I’M NOT A CHRISTION SO I CAN JUDGE YOU AND COMDEM YOU. WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PIC. LIKE THE BIBLE SAIS PEOPLE NEED THE LORD. WITHOUT IT THE BAD HUMAN NATURE SHOW’S AND IT SHOWING BAD! ON THE PEOPLE THAT DON’T SUPPORT HER AND THESE KID’S THEY ARE NOT A TOY YOU ALL FIGHT OVER, THEY NEED BOTH PARENTS TO BE LOVING AND NURTURING.

dori, I am older than you, born in 1948!!!! Respect your elders!!!! ha! I love That 70’s show, I watch all the reruns!

this is to #20 madeline listen i do know the difference between words im not an idiot and of course shes a mess she is sick but she doesnt realize that what she is doing is wrong anything she says and does is to entertain us but deep down she doesnt know that what she is doing is wrong i think she needs to get out of the spotlight for a while

6. Jenna M. (UK) says

Oriana, I know what you are trying to say but it will not be that easy for her to just voluntary check herself into hospital (if it is indeed Bipolar she is suffering). Bipolar can be a very, very difficult illness to live with. She may not be at the stage where she recognises that she really needs help, she probably still thinks either that she can control it herself or that she isn’t really doing anything wrong.

I have said a lot about Britney over the last year. I feel bad for saying some of it now. I just feel very sorry for her and hope she can make a full and quick recovery.

7. Jenna M. (UK) says

#6 Taylor M, normally I would agree with you there but in this case I think it was appropriate to have the older photo as it shows Britney and her son in slightly happier times.

#22 Lauren, I’m not an expert in mental health but I do know several people with Bipolar Disorder (what used to be called Manic Depression) and yes, having a few drinks can drastically affect the condition, particularly if the person is having an “epsiode” at the time”.

I had suspected before that Brintey was abusing drugs, but had depression (probably post-natal) as well. Now I believe that she is suffering from Bipolar Disorder. I’m glad she’s not using drugs but in a way this makes it even sadder to me…

If she was on drugs, then at least she could get clean and her and her sons would be able to live “normal” lives again. Also, if this was all a result of drug abuse then at least she could, in part, be blamed for her behaviour. But if its mental illness then its so much more tragic because she is not the one to blame for what is happening to her.

8. dori says

19. joey | January 6th, 2008 at 11:46 pm
    My new years resolution is honesty, so here goes……. sigh…. I AM Joey and I AM JJ and I AM Jx2 and I AM fAntASy. I don’t have any real friends, all I have are you guys. My hateful words are just a defense mechanism. I’m really sorry but I don’t know how to stop it.
    remember saying this joey?

psycho

#24, stop acting like you are dori!

dori and mellynn, I do agree she may indeed be bipolar and I don’t think she will voluntarily check into a hospital until something even more drastic happens. She is a tragedy waiting to happen and it won’t be long.

I don’t think she ever called her boys mistakes, that was some half wit fool that came out with that nonsense!

10. Cathi says

i was so happy to read that she tested free of drugs and alcohol! does anyone here think she would have a motive for purposely doing what she did on thursday night? the only thing i can think of is that she wanted to be tested for drugs and alcohol when she knew that she would be clean. but i guess what she did was way too extreme. nobody “in their right mind” would purposely do something like that, right?

11. Mellynn says

Sounds like she had a major psychiatric break. The only way she is going to get better is if she checks herself into a mental hospital where she can get constant professional help. It doesn’t sound like she has any intention of getting her stuff together to get her kids back, though. Maybe it’s better for them…

12. Lauren says

She’s showing signs of mental instability. I’m sure when she has had a few drinks, it gets worse.

13. Sandra says

#20 To my knowledge she has NEVER called her children mistakes. Some no name comedian made a joke about her kids being mistakes.

She doesn’t have drugs in her system illegal or legal. They would call the legal drugs illegal if she did not have the proper reason for taking the “legal” drugs.

14. madeleine says

ok jennifer first off all if you want to stand up for brit learn how the diff. between words anyways she is a complete mess she areadly ruin her life she locked her and jayden she called them mistakes

omg some people need to shut the hell up and leave her alone i mean why do u think the girl is how she is we keep telling her to give us more and she is she needs medicine and soon we dont need another anna nicole incident she is still young and can turn things around she needs to get healthy for the sake of her kids omg i swear she is going to do something that is going to completly ruin her if we dont leave her alone also her mom needs to get involved more i mean needs to seriously sit her down and talk to her im glad she called dr phil though lol but seriouly though she needs serious help

16. dori says

oriana today on extra they are saying she has bipolar disease
    without medication this would surely explain her behavior

17. dori says

you’re an idiot… kfed is a money hungry bum only interested in getting custody in order to get more money and EVERYONE KNOWS IT

I am sick of her and her whole family. The kids are in for a rough road of it either way it goes.

19. Analise says

“dear god please help this girl…. Kevin only cares about getting her money. The kids aren’t important to him. The guy doesn’t hold a job and parties constantly.”

LOL Let me guess,her illness makes HER party.

20. Tiggy says

It’s been said she has an undiagnosed bi-polar disorder (severe) and that she suffered severe post-partum depression after having both boys. They say the undiagnosed bi-polar disorder on her level is a giant ticking time bomb…

21. JESS says

GOOD THINKING LUCKY LEE. SHE HAD TO HAVE BEEN ON SOMETHING! IF NOT, I’D SAY HER MENTAL ILLNESS GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND BEING BIPOLAR! POOR THING. :0(

22. K says

I believe that Britney is suffering from depression — she has had several bad things happen to her, including having a baby, which can cause your hormones and brain chemistry to change.

Has anyone suggested that? She cries easily and has had trouble with her weight.

Has anyone suggested an anit-depressant?

23. luckylee13 says

Keep in mind they said she tested free of ILLEGAL drugs….prescription meds are another story. What about those results?

24. dori says

dear god please help this girl…. Kevin only cares about getting her money. The kids aren’t important to him. The guy doesn’t hold a job and parties constantly. If Brit was well she would be the better parent. I honestly hope she can get on some medication and get well. And take her children back . This is whats driving her nuts… It’s Kevin and his plan to get the kids and her money . She’s become so desperate… it’s really so sad.

25. Taylor M says

Why put up a picture that is a year old? You need to put up more recent pictures web mistress………..Pull that stick out of your butt and do your job right.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. boo says

Drug Free?? FINALLY some good news about her!!

So if it is a “Mental Illness” that she has…. then I sure hope she can get the help she needs!

27. Ruby Jackson says

…this is obviously a lie, because Britney’s no lady…

28. 2teens3beans says

No drugs or alcohol of any kind, wow….. then it really is a mental illness. If that is the case then I feel sorry for Britney. If she is mentally ill it’s not her fault, it’s a disease.