Britney Taken From Her Home In An Ambulance After Three Hour Standoff

Britney Spears

Britney Spears

In the above pics Britney was snapped being taken into the hospital on a gurney.

Britney Spears

In the above pic Sean Preston is seen in a car behind a Los Angeles City Fire Department ambulance, believed to carrying Britney, on January 3rd in LA.

The Britney madness just doesn’t seem to end.

Britney was taken from her home in an ambulance after a custodial standoff involving her children that lasted nearly three hours.

Britney, 26, was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Entertainment Tonight reported on its Web site Friday. Cedars spokeswoman Simi Singer said she could not confirm or deny the report, citing patient confidentiality laws.

Officer Jason Lee of the Los Angeles Police Department told City News Service that Britney appeared to be under the influence of an unknown substance. He declined to elaborate. No injuries were reported.

Britney was conscious late Thursday when paramedics took her out of her home in a gurney. Several police cars escorted the ambulance out of the neighborhood, followed by dozens of celebrity reporters.

Officers were called to Britney’s house around 8 p.m. to respond to a custodial dispute with ex-husband Kevin Federline over their sons, 2-year-old Sean Preston and 1-year-old Jayden James, Lee said.

By about 10:30 p.m., six police cars, two ambulances and a fire truck had entered the gated-community that includes Spears’ house. Several police cars were seen in the area earlier in the night.

Britney turned over the children around 10:50 p.m., Lee said.

Calls to the Police Department’s media line early Friday were not answered.

Earlier Thursday, Britney appeared for a deposition in her custody dispute.

Britney was deposed for just 14 minutes, attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan told reporters after Britney left.

Britney called in sick for a December 12th court-ordered deposition, but was photographed that day driving with a friend. She also didn’t show up for a session Wednesday, Kaplan said.

Britney’s attorneys from the firm Trope and Trope on Wednesday filed a court motion asking to be relieved due to a “breakdown” in communication with their client.

Kaplan said Britney’s attorneys were present for what became a very abbreviated session.

“The deposition proceeding did go forward today. It was scheduled for 9:45 to 11:45,” Kaplan said. “However, it wasn’t able to commence until 11:32.”

“You can imagine in 14 minutes there’s not a lot of time to develop questions,” he said.

Kaplan said another deposition would be scheduled.

A hospital source has told Us magazine that Britney has been designated a “special needs” patient, meaning “they have either overdosed or tried to commit suicide. So we go stay with these patients and monitor them constantly. We watch them so they don’t hurt themselves and watch the people who come visit them to make sure they don’t pass anything to them.”

It is also being reported that, “The stress and mental anguish of the ongoing custody battle and deposition has caused Britney to ‘lose a tremendous amount of weight in the past several weeks.”

UPDATE: Sean Preston and Jayden James were released from the hospital to Kevin Federline around 4 a.m. PST this morning.

Source & Source

Comments

1. dori says

it wasn’t me using your handle Joey …. try someone else you’ve pissed off so many people in here it could be anyone.

Liza, I am interested dear in knowing what you think about how this will end up. Why did it take the Judge so long to finally get tough with her? It seems like to me the 14th is too soon to have another evaluation hearing. Why don’t they make it longer? Why did the court system keep tolerating her not showing up and put up with her attitude when she finally did? If that had been a regular person it would not have been like that at all!

You have experience and I am sure you have seen different issues,I think she has been dealt with very lenient and I don’t think she should have been let off so easily before this.

3. dori says

19. joey | January 6th, 2008 at 11:46 pm
    My new years resolution is honesty, so here goes……. sigh…. I AM Joey and I AM JJ and I AM Jx2 and I AM fAntASy. I don’t have any real friends, all I have are you guys. My hateful words are just a defense mechanism. I’m really sorry but I don’t know how to stop it.
    remember saying this joey?

4. joey says

joey your just so upset….wow…you really are a l-o-s-e-r..lol…I’ll tell this to myself over and over again..coz I’m a BIG LOSER!!

5. She makes me sick says

What a messed up moron. I feel sorry for the kids. They ended up with trailor tr*a*sh parents.

6. melita marrero says

SHE NEED TO STOP FEELING SORRY FOR HERSELF AND START THINKING ABOUT HER BOYS. SHE NEED THOSE BOYS IN HER LIFE, KEVIN IS A MONSTER HE JUST WANT MONEY AND PUBLISITY HE DON’T CARE ABOUT THOSE BOYS, HE’S GOT TWO MORE WHERE ARE THEY. BRITTNEY GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED GIRL AND TAKE YOUR LIFE BACK AND YOUR SON’S THEY NEED YOU, GOD BLESS YOU AND LOTS OF LUCK WITH KEVIN THE MONSTER .

Sandra, the paps are the lowest of the low! Look at the one she has been hanging out with, he said he made $200,000 a year off of following her and taking pictures! How many men work their asses off to support their families that will never see that kind of money! It is a shame! And I blame them today for Princess Diana’s death.

They should be arrested for banging on the paramedic’s doors! It is despicable!!!!! She has reached bottom now, I hope she can have the support she desperately needs but I am doubtful and fearful it won’t happen.

Kevin makes me sick and without her he would be nothing! I can’t stand Shar either, she is pitiful to me and wants back and all the money she can get her hands on. But who could blame her? He dumped her and Brit didn’t care if she was pregnant or not, they were so much in lust they didn’t consider anyone.

However, I do think that Kevin is taking care of the kids, and I am sure his mom is there with him to help also. Right now, he is the stable one and that is sad to say about this whole bunch!

8. miapocca says

I dont see why the police had to brak down any door..she didnt have a gun and she hasnt harmed any of her children, she jsut owuldnt give them up..all they had to do was wait her out till the baby was ready to eat and britney wouldnt reist that but just come out…it seems so simple, but everyone just overeact…for the ways he behaves in light of all this , I always figured she must be very sick or High..because I dont know how she get the stregth to go on in light of all these issues…so alone , so sad, with no one to lov eher but those boys and they took those from her as well..she need sto get help and come back and those needs need a better guardina than kfed , who neve rpadi a dime of child support to his other kids nor bother to do anything with the kids he has…wierd that they consider him a good parent..a court appointed guardian should be what the kids needs

9. Sandra says

I 100% believe it is the Paps fault. I can live without seeing pictures of celebs. The Paps are just getting richer and richer for what? To see celebs crack and fall apart? The Paps killed Diana they will eventually kill someone in the US too. I would much rather know about a celeb through their acting or their singing, not when they are having a mental breakdown at their ex’s expense.

Miapocca..Well said!

10. Exactly says

On the other hand you can’t really blame the paps. After all they are the ones that keep a celebrity in the spotlight. Britney must not have minded them because she was always out and about doing stupid stuff getting their attention. Back in the day, you never knew what celebrities were doing. And, they also provide photos for sites like these that people go on to see what the latest is on celebrities. So, is it the public or the paps fault. I do agree they should back off but their are lots of celebrities that you barely hear from that can and do maintain privacy.

11. Jenna M. (UK) says

I agree with the comments about the paps. I also agree with Daisy that the photo of Sean following his mum to hospital in the ambulance was totally innappropriate. The WM had no right posting that (and possibly no heart). How would she like it if that picture was of her own kid?

And for the paparazzi to be banging on the sides of the ambulance for PHOTOS when there is a poor young girl inside having a serious mental breakdown, is unthinkable. It reminds me of how terrifying the paps made the experience of being adopted for Pax Jolie-Pitt. Paparazzi who do stuff like this are scum. They are lower than low.They seem to have no respect or forethought for celebrities, especially when children are involved.

Sadly though, it does seem that we are watching the slow, painful demise of Britney, courtesy of the paparazzi.

12. Cathi says

vic…i agree. someone needs to stand up for this girl and fight the paps in court. brit needs peace and quiet and she never can get it with the paps in her face 24/7. the state of california needs to address this issue because it is out of control. remember princess diana? the paps chased her to her death and brit will go the same path if serious action is not taken. she has enough to deal with. i think she missed the deposition and was 90 min late for the same reason: SEVERE DEPRESSION/ANXIETY. her mother has basically abandoned her and brit needs her! she has noone in her life who can guide her. this is so sad to see. we are all watching and reading about the slow suicide of britney spears.

13. Vic says

I think it’s just a matter of time before we’re reading about Brit’s untimely death. I know that sounds dreadful but look at the state of this young woman. She obviously has mental health problems and the constant bombardment of the paparazzi must only be making the situation worse. If this does happen, I hope all paps and editorials who have taken/published these pics can sleep at night, as they’ll all have blood on their hands.

14. miapocca says

For those of you who arent aware simple clinical depresison alone can turn you into a mad person ..as described by a friend it like haveing an itch deep inside you cannot even find to scatch,….when its untreated its just going to lead to a terrible end…britney situation is really bad because all factors in her life had been negative and only aids further deeper depression and anxiety….you would think that her mother would have gone to the hospital rather than be on the phone with access hollywood..take a page out of the wilson family book….they were very private during owens problems…

Why cant the media realise that at the rate they keep chasing this girl, they will eventually be responsible for a death

15. miapocca says

I sincerely don t beleive any single person has the kids interest at heart..not lynne and especially not kfed.

Britney had been failed by everyone around her that she does not even understand when she is failing herself

A father interested in the welfare of his kids does not run to the court at every littl eopportunity neither dies kfed need to call the cops to come to the house ..i odnt see britney being a physical threat to anyone in this situation

At the time when she needs help the most, everyone runs away and the only thing she can cling on are her kids

Seems like kfed kept hammering at her achilles heel till she completely gave out..I cant even understand how britney is able to go through her days unless she was on some happy pills.

Kfed and Shar certainly had no issues when britney carried thier kids around to the zoo and movie premiers….what changed is that kevin did a number on her..I sincelrey beleive kfed is emotionall y abusive and that will eventually lead britney to lose her mind resulting in kfed beingnamed legal guardian for the kids if anything should happen..how come all his frama went down in kfeds presence..hmmmmm…britney needs to just gon a deserted island for a few months .and the judge should give kfed full custody without financial support, just to test how much he really wants his kids..

Is kfed trying to kill britney so he gets to a be a larry birkhead???

16. Generic name says

oh! what’s wrong with this girl..she really need(s) help BIG BIG BIG HELP!! she wants to have a custody with her children..but looking at her situation now she cannot handle herself well how much more to her children…poor Brit she seems so lost…so lost

17. Genevieve says

i’m beginning to feel sorry for brtiney spears. This has gone too far. I think she needsw to stay out of the spotlight for a year. Then come back fresh. This is way to sad

18. Cathi says

good question about the pets. i guess her assistants are handling that. i assume she has some kind of staff in her home who can take care of her pets while she is away.

i just keep wondering if she tried to commit suicide. i have a feeling she did. this has to be rock bottom cause it can’t get much worse for her.

I know this sounds cold but I can’t stand this family, I really can’t, the mom, the sister, the whole bunch of them, all the luxuries and opportunities in the world and look how screwed up they are!

My question is, Kevin has the boys, who is taking care of all the little animals she has? Who is feeding and taking care of the innocent pets this nutcase has? She is a mental case and her mother has been zero help, I don’t see any change there.

20. fee says

I am scared for this woman. I hope this is rock bottom for her, but I don’t think it is. It doesn’t seem as though drugs are her overall problem. I think she is using them as a way to self medicate a serious mental illness. God be with her and those babies.

Hard to believe that it has not even been a year since her head shaving incident.

21. Sandra says

dori I agree!

daisy I also agree strongly! I was thinking the same freaking thing when I watched a video of the cops leaving with the ambulance behind. They were pounding on the ambulance fighting to get pictures. It is just sickening! I don’t understand why laws don’t exist to protect celebs and their families from paps. For crying out loud California can make up a law of no adult shall be smoking in a car with a child under 18 they can certainly make one protecting the celebs from the money hungry paps.

22. Cathi says

her smile freaks me out. she is being escorted to the hospital in an ambulance and is loosing her sons and she is smiling??? she is totally mental. i am afraid for her because i seriously think she will die soon if she isn’t treated. her mom is correct this time…britney needs our prayers!!

23. daisy says

You know what? I think the line should be drawn somewhere. I think it is awful to take and show pictures of Brittany’s child behind the ambulance carrying his mother. This is such personal stuff, this isn’t fun celebrity baby stuff. This is hurtful and harmful and never should have been put up.

And yes, that is a judgement.

24. dori says

wow this is unbelievable Brit really needs help You can’t even be angry with her because it’s so obviousl shes having some serious problems. Since the birth of her younger son her behaviour has been wacky I think(could be wrong) she has untreated post partum depression and is self mediacting and now just plain eratic behavior. This is so sad I hope someone will step in to help her. Kevin is no hero he’s just trying to make money off her. Do you realize this guy does not work? He’s an absolute bum benefiting off of her illness.

25. Nicki says

I’m just greatful for those two babies it didn’t end up like Susan Smith or Andrea Yates kids. I do believe she had a mental breakdown. Maybe with this hospital evaluation she will end up being held a bit longer so she can get the help she needs. She is in need of serious help. I hope she is forced to get it.

She has a glazed look in her eyes in the second picture, reminds me of one of Stephen King’s movies, The Shining!

I really think she had a mental breakdown and it has been coming for a long time. She hasn’t been right since the birth of the second baby, the stress from the divorce, and all the drugs and booze, it could have been tragic and ended up much worse!

what is wrong with her like most of you i agree that she does need help she needs to check in a rehab/mental insitute this is all over the news and wont proboally stop and i also heard she locked herself and little jayden james in the bathroom and the police had to break it down with a hammer i really hope she gets HELP after this i swear…and i also heard that it took kevin federline a long time to calm down the babies because they were shaken up by the whole drama and i could see in the second picture that shes smiling and giggling this is not funny anymore please please take her boys away serously jayden and sean had a enough with her and her drama i really hope she loses those kids because shes NOT a GOOD mother and i searously hope that Jamie lynn wont follow into her footsteps

28. Sandra says

I feel really bad for her and the kids. She obviously needs help, hopefully she will get the help she needs even if her own mother is to self obsessed with making $ off of her daughters teenage pregnancy. Thank god her dad and brother are there it is just sad that it has taken so long for their support. Hopefully she will get better soon and be with her kids once again.

29. 2teens3beans says

I haven’t read about any child abuse. I’m sure rumors will be flying now.
    This is probably the best thing that could have happened to her, sad to say. Hopefully they will get her on the right meds & counseling.

30. Analise says

I’ve been predicting this for months now. Sad, huh? Hopefully she’s finally lost the kids for a long time.

31. Reina says

I read online that she was laughing hysterically while in the gurney…she has severe mental problems :-/ that’s where the smiling is coming from. Those poor kids. Jayden was in another ambulance because he had a bruise on his body, but Britney said she didn’t do it…I don’t believe her.

32. Lauren says

Wow, how sad. Ever since Britney split with Kevin her life just spiraled out of control. I hope she gets the help she needs. Her two boys are the one who are going to suffer. They’re better off with Kevin

33. EmilyInLA says

Am I the only one who’s noticed how low the chest clip is in that baby’s carseat? It’s supposed to be armpit level. If that car got hit hard, he’d come right out. It’s so low he’d even be able to wiggle his torso out, if he wanted.

34. MiMi says

I know that she is not the best of moms. But looking at all that has been going on since they started getting a divorce and him getting custody. I personally believe that she has had a mental breakdown.
    If I were in her shoes I would too. My son is my life. Having him taken away from me and not being able to have him all the time, would kill me.
    Kevin was not really a dad when they were together and now he is the “Father of the Year”. He is just in it for the money.

I may be wrong on it, but this is just my opinions.

She needs help, she needs her mom to be there with her no matter what. She does not need to judge britney, she just needs to support her. Her whole family needs to show her that they support and love her.

35. lucia says

She looks really thin, maybe for the drugs… her smile is the reflex of she is sick..
    I hope she opens her eyes and find the cure!

36. Bethany says

What a sad situation. My heart goes out to Britney, shes obviously got mental issues and I hope she will be willing to get help. Those poor children, i think Brit really loves them. If she does, she should know that its best for them to be with their father until she is fully recovered. I feel so sad for those boys, no child deserves this. God Bless this family, i hope you overcome this for the sake of your kids brit!

37. Jenna M. (UK) says

Oh my god! This shocks but doesn’t surprise me. I don’t know what to say… she needs help now. And her smile in the second photo as she’s been taken to hospital strapped to a gurney… there are no words..

I feel sorry for Britney because I know she must have a serious mental disorder to put her sons through that, but I feel a lot worse for her kids. And I truly believe that it would be a lot better for the kids if she was out of their lives completely, at least until she has reached a full recovery.

38. Joelly says

So sad that only Britney’s dad showed up at the hospital, they’re now saying she missed taking her prescription drug which causes her major anxiety….I’m starting to feel a bit sorry for her.
    I also think K-fed actually deserves a little credit for not speaking publicly about her past and recent behavior. He could totally be bashing her in the media right now. I suppose she’s doing enough damage on her own.

39. lisa says

Those poor kids. WHat type of mother would expose her innocent children to this type of madness?

40. DMITZ says

Grandma of 4, it is true… Sean Preston had already been loaded into the car (by the court appointed monitor) I believe, when Britney locked herself in a room w/Jayden. It was the court appointed monitor that called LAPD about Britney’s breakdown and refusal to release the kids to K-Fed’s bodyguary.

This is so sad. I think we all saw it coming, but someone should have gotten involved a long time ago. I find it so sad that Britney puts on shows like she would be devastated to lose her children yet she keeps pulling antics like this that would only risk her EVER seeing her children again! One day when she wakes up from all of this, she is going to have so many regrets and by then it may be too late. I feel so sorry for these children and I hope to God that K-Fed can take care of these children the way they deserve.

41. lucia says

Liza, maybe you are right. I said that because I can’t live without my daughter, and i can’t understand how britney can do it!!!she needs rehab center the soon as possible!
    Is so sad for the kids…
    Britney’s family.Where are they?Sean Preston and Jayden James are they family too.

42. Kristin says

She is smiling because she is on drugs.
    WTF
    Is anyone here thinking what I am,
    ANNA NICOLE????

43. JESS says

THIS IS JUST SAD. BETWEEN HER AND HER SISTER, HER MOTHER MUST BE ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN! P.S. WHAT THE HELL IS SHE SMILING ABOUT? DOES THIS CHICK NOT REALIZE SHE HAS SEVERE ISSUES THAT I’M SURE WILL PERMANENTLY DAMAGE HER CHILDREN!

44. Alison says

I feel so sorry for those precious little boy’s. I hope Britney gets the help she needs to get her life back on track. Those boy’s need to be with there father until she get’s better and stable enough to take care of them. I’m sure she loves them and wants them back in her life as any mother would. God Bless you Britney, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

xoxoxox

45. Liza says

I actually don’t think that what she needs is another stint in rehab. I think she has some sort of underlying mental illness which is causing this and that the substance abuse is a form of self-medication, which only further exacerbates the problem.
    Even if she cleans herself up, I’m not sure she will ever be able to parent these children in an effective and appropriate way.

46. boo says

What is going on with this girl…..I agree #4 I do not like her but I really can’t help but feel sorry for her. And her Poor boys having to live and grow up with a Mother like this! She needs help DESPARATELY, and apparently alot becaue her 30 day stint in rehab last year obviously did nothing for her!
    Get it together Britney, if not for yourself… for your Kids!!!

47. Tia :) says

uhh…wow. I dont even know what to say about this one!! This is unbelievable. She needs to be admitted to rehab center NOW. She is soo lost…she needs to do it for her boys. Before long, those poor babies will be without a mother.

48. Liza says

Lucia,
    Those children should absolutely not be with her. Have you read any of the report from the court ordered monitor? While the children are very attached to her, she does not parent them or engage with them. I work in child welfare, foster care specifically, and those things, coupled with the substance abuse, are huge red flags when evaluating a person’s ability to parent. Kevin Federline may not be the shining example of what we like to see in a person, but he provides a stable and appropriate environment for those two little boys. Britney was sprialing downward long before she lost custody.

Grandma of 4. I believe what happened, according to other news sources, is that Britney had already put Sean in the car to be returned to his father and then took Jayden and locked herself in a room with him. I think at that point, there wasn’t anything the monitor could have done. Also, there is difference between a visit being monitored and supervised. She probably needs supervised visits rather than just monitored.

49. Kelkel says

I feel for the entire family. Brit is bipolar, its been reported many times. She obviously has problems that need to be addressed. I also heard that the boys were fine…nothing happened to them at all they were completely safe and unharmed. They also say that Brit was heard saying she would “rather die than have KFed get full custody”. There is much more here than meets the eye and hopefully all involved can get together, get help, and give those babies the lives they deserve and desperately need. Mental illness is devastating and for it to be played out in the public like it is with Britney is a shame. Watching the video of the ambulance trying to get through the endless sea of paparazzi was shameful.

50. Lesley says

I feel sorry for Britney; she’s obviously having a really hard time with life these days. But I agree with everyone else that the no.1 priority has to be those little boys. These kinds of episodes must be scary for them and will not help them grow up to be healthy people. The boys have to be kept away from her until she can get help and heal. I truly wish her the best, but I don’t think she’s strong enough right now to get herself better, someone else needs to step in and help her.

51. Ruby Jackson says

I read that she locked one of the kids in a room, and locked the monitor out of the house. It escalated from there.

I also heard she’s on a “5150 hold” meaning either and OD or suicide watch, and involuntarily committed for 72 hours for evaluation. She was in leg restraints in the ambulance.

52. Grandma of 4 says

It just dawned on me that Britney is supposed to be having court supervised visitations with the boys. How in the world did this visit esculate to police involvement with court appointed personnel in her home? Seems to me there is more to this than meets the eye! I am trying to figure out how this particular visit came to such a dramatic ending! Has everyone been following the court ruling? We shall see!

53. AmyY says

I am pretty sure the safety of the boys should come before “what Britney needs” These poor kids could be seriously hurt with her but you think she should be allowed to have them because she needs them? Thats the craziest thing Ive ever heard!!

54. lucia says

#4 : You’re right!!!
    Britney has a real depression and needs help, but I think she needs her sons too! In my opinion, Kevin Federline is a very bad person, and he only wants to make money with all this.
    I hope Britney can understand all, and fight for sean and jayden!

55. Grandma of 4 says

Oh, my goodness! I cannot help but wonder if Britney thinks that all this trauma and drama is going to soften the heart of the court that she misses her boys, is trying to do the right thing in the face of all this opposition, etc., etc., etc.! Someone is giving this girl so much misadvice it is scary. At this point, if the court does not do something drastic to protect those children, I will be completely amazed! Britney seems to have it all wrong…she is not gathering support with all her “look at me” – “woe is me” tricks……quite the opposite!

Very bad situation! She needs help and is probably drunk as a skunk! She needs to be admitted to a Rehab/Mental facility and have extensive therapy. This has been coming and it is a miracle she hasn’t harmed herself and the children could have easily been hurt!

I think she deeply loves her kids but is too unstable to guarantee their safety when with her. Kevin needs full custody and she needs to be supervised at all times when she has them.

She will have to hit rock bottom before she seeks help. Very sad indeed!

57. Just me says

I actually think that’s Sean in the car.
    At any rate, I never cared for Britney, but you can’t help but feel a little sorry for her. She obviously has mental problems. Where’s Lynnne? Oh yeah, she’s probably off trying to make more money off her pregnannt 16-year-old.

58. Stacey says

Britney, please start thinking of your children and stop torturing them!! They will suffer from this later in life!

59. ME says

Ugh,poor Britney…..she is soo waisting her life with stupid things…..WAKE UP GIRL!!!!!!!!………god be with u .