An Expectant (For The 4th Time!) Brooke Burke Shares Her Tips For Staying In Top Form

Brooke Burke

(In the above pic Brooke was snapped working out while pregnant with Heaven Rain)

For expectant mom Brooke Burke, staying in shape during – and after – pregnancy is an ongoing process that she works hard at.

Pregnant with her fourth child, Brooke tells Entertainment Tonight that she owes her bikini-ready body to her rigorous workouts – and a few other secrets.

“I’ve been doing Pilates for eight years. I actually started with my first pregnancy. I’m a big believer in staying fit during your pregnancy,” says Brooke, 36, who is engaged to actor David Charvet.

“I know a lot of women are a little afraid to work their abs, or are afraid of core work, but I think it supports your back and I think it helps for an easier delivery and it makes us feel good,” says the actress.

Brooke, who gained 30 pounds during her last pregnancy, shared that exercise helped her get back into shape faster after delivery. “The more fit you are during your pregnancy, the quicker you’re going to bounce back. I probably started up two weeks after delivery and I felt I could handle that.”

As for her other secret weapon, Brooke is a firm believer in wrapping her post-delivery belly in a compression wrap called Taut, which she says helped her go back to her pre-pregnancy size.

You can check out Taut here at Baboosh Baby (Brooke’s site)
I think Brooke has perfect genes to thank…but every little bit helps I guess! 🙂

Comments

1. Kittycat says

I can’t believe some of the people on here have said Brooke Burke isn’t pretty! She is definitely very pretty but, like most of us, probably doesn’t look as good sometimes without a bit of makeup on to make herself look that bit better. I think she’s extremely pretty and seems to glow and her personality seems to shine through. I think most women would love to look that good after having 4 kids!

2. Z says

IS IT A BOY OR A GIRL?

HOPE SHE WILL HAVE A BOY THIS TIME AND HOPE WILL BE THE LAST ONE FOR HER HEALTH !!!

3. Jx2 says

I agree with Tam…BB looks best with make-up – I wouldn’t go as far as to call her “pretty” but she definitely needs make-up – otherwise she looks just blaaah!

Some people are just born to work-out and some people couldn’t care less…that is the difference between being a blimp or being slim and toned after giving birth…most women I know are not celebrities and so they do not bother exercising after pregnancy in order to drop the weight and look thin again – they just enjoy their new bodies and focus instead on their child.

4. Tam says

i dont think shes that pretty with no makeup.. definetly not a natural beauty.. shes very pretty with makeup but without no.

5. Lauren says

Brooke and David seem like a happy and loving couple. Best wishes on a healthy pregnancy. 😀

6. letibe says

Same here w/ the 1st commet. My mother is old school and she insisted I wear a girdle. I hated it , but then I got use to it and the girdle not only helps w/ you’re tummy it helped w/ my lower back.

7. Generic name says

What a strong woman her tummy is already big! she’s just too eager to get back in shape when she’s not yet giving birth!!

8. Lisa says

I find it sad that women think their body has to be “perfect” after having a baby. It’s natural for your body to change after each birth and as we age. It is not natural to be “bikini ready” after having a baby. Ugggh.

9. AMY MAWHORR says

I MYSELF HAD A MOTHER-IN-LAW WHO INSISTED THAT I BUY A GIRLDLE AFTER EACH BABY(3) / BUT THIS TIME I HAD TO HAVE ANOTHER C-SECTION AND I HAD A TERRIBLE COUGH. SO MY DR. ORDERED A BRACE FOR ME. I DID WEAR IT AND IT DID MAKE MY TUMMY GO DOWN FAST!!! I HAVE EVEN PAST THE BRACE ON TO FRIENDS!!!!! KUDOS TO BROOKE FOR FINDING A WAY TO PASS THIS ON TO EVERYDAY WOMEN!!! IT DOES WORK… TRUST US 🙂