Top Ten Baby Names For 2007!

Baby Names

In 2007 Emma has finally been knocked off its number one perch for the first time since it landed there in 2004! Sophia has been making steady progress since 2002, cracked the top 10 in 2005, and jumped six slots to be the new number one baby name for 2007.

Addison jumped 20 spots this year to land in the top 10! This is probably thanks to gorgeous actress Kate Walsh’s portrayal of Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd on the hot TV series “Grey’s Anatomy” and its spin-off, “Private Practice.”

In boys’ baby names, Aiden still at the top, as it has since 2005. But Jayden, Caden, and Jackson have jumped quickly into the top 10 this year and are the new rising stars.

Top 10 Girl Names

6. Noah
7. Jackson
8. Jack
9. Logan
10. Matthew

1. yahh fool says

i finkkkk yu smell of yur mums bumm newan ever told yahh n get yahh name sorted 😀 love yehh tra

2. apple :D says

Sarah Acklerlyy iss Thaa Bomb :DIm Thaa Bomb Mannn (H) Yu Berra email Me Bak Or Elsee :@ Or Il get YLIME on to Yahhh 😀 Good Bye Sukerss

for a boy name i like ethan

and a girl i like isabella

and number 11

for a girl in UK i like ella

and the boy in the UK i like

4. Diana says

I have to laugh when I see people make comments that the name Jacob is overused 20 years ago I named may son “Jake” and people rolled their eyes because everyone picked Michael-Daniel and Nicholas,luckily my other childrens names aren’t on any list, yay for originality

5. Tia :) says

Melissa R- never really hear the name Logan anywhere. My friends newphew’s name is Logan, and thats the only time i have ever heard of it. Where are you from/

6. Kimora and Kariah's Mommy says

Thanks Karrah and Al&J!! Kimora and Kariah’s cousins on my husband’s side of the family all have names that begin with K. This little feature is interestingly unifying; I know that my husband’s generation really enjoyed having all J names.

7. dori says

yey! glad to hear that. I know from history names will come around again.Biblical names like Michael David Sarah Rebecca always do well in any generation.

8. kelly says

#17 (dori): check out the social security administration website and you can see the popularity of any name going back to the late 1800s. this website has not released the 2007 top names yet. unlike the list on babyrazzi, the ssa list includes the more traditional boy names in the 2006 top 10 (michael, daniel, anthony, william, etc)

9. Blair says

These are the best names of the year??? Seriously??? Disappointing, to say the least….the only ones I like off those lists are OLIVIA, MADISON, AIDEN, ETHAN & JACKSON.

10. Melissa R says

I am so tired of hearing these…..Madison, Addison, Kaitlyn, Kaylee, Breanne, Hailey, Taylor, …for boys…these names, they are waaaaay over used…Conner, Jacob, Jackson, Taylor, Jayden, Logan.

11. Tiggy says

Wow, the girls names we had picked are toast. Our last name is long, so we were trying to pick names that ‘flow’ and weren’t common but weren’t off the wall either. We have 3 boys and their names are Dallas Michael, Sean Anthony and Nicholas Allen.

12. amberlee says

I really like most of the names on the lists but I would never name my child a common name. I am happy with the name I picked for my daughter!

13. Al&J says

I’m not too fond of the common names either.
    Over used really. I like names with some creativity and originality but I do think sometimes people get carried away with trying to be too creative.
    I have been meaning to say that I really like the names Kimora and Kariah. Very unique.

14. Daisy Boo says

If I have a boy then I’m naming him Riley, for a girl it’s either Summer or Jasmine 🙂 Love them names!

15. jaime says

I wanted to mention to Christine (#10) that I have a 2-year-old named Emma. I didn’t choose the name because of “Friends” or because it was popular but because it’s pretty. I get so many compliments on her pretty name. I’d say if you like it, go with it.

16. dori says

I am wondering what ever happened to the names from my generation… Linda Sharon Susan Diane Renee Cindy Judy where did those names go? And names like James Michael Brian Jeffrey Allan???

17. Tam says

The original name i had picked out for my daughter in january was AVA OLIVIA.. luckily i never used it… i hate too common names..

18. Karrah says

I wanted to say hi to Kimora and Kariah’s Mommy and how sweet I think it is that your daughters both have K names. My sister and I both have K names too, I’m Karrah and she is Krystal and we have always loved sharing that.

19. 2teens3beans says

I like Emmy for a girl, like Emmy Rossum. I also think Cadence is pretty for a girl.
    For boys I really like Jack & Shane.

20. Squeeky says

6. Sophie
    7. Chloe
    8. Lily
    9. Ella
    10. Amelia

21. Christine says

I wanted Emma & Ava if we ever have baby girls, nixed that idea with how popular these names are! My husband is still stuck on Emma though.

I LOVE Lilly, Will(iam), Sam(uel), & Henry (my husband wants to call him Hank!).

22. Kimora and Kariah's Mommy says

Very interesting how most of the popular girls names are very feminine, Victorian-sounding: Sophia, Isabella, Emma, Ava, Olivia. Not many “K” names for me to pick from; Kaitlyn is too common; I guess I could spell Caden with a “K” as in Kaden…:)

23. Nicki says

My friend just had a baby 8 weeks ago she named him Jalen Alexander.
    I like all the girls names and all but 2 of the boys names there.

24. dori says

My daughter had a baby this year and named him Jalen, which is also getting to be popular. Jaden is Will Smiths son …he was in Pursuit of Happiness.

25. Tia :) says

I love Sophia and Ava! If I have another girl, i would totally pick one of those. Caden is a nice name for a boy!