Katie & Suri's Christmas Cookie Fun

Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise

Katie Holmes, who just turned 29 Tuesday, says she plans on hitting the kitchen this Christmas as she celebrates with both sides of their big family in Telluride, Colorado.

“I will probably cook some garlic mashed potatoes and maybe a cheesecake,” she says.

She adds that “Tom’s really good in the kitchen … he has shown me the greatness of extra chocolate chips.”

Even 20-month-old international jetsetter Suri will get in on the action by helping Mom make sugar cookies.

“Suri will be in the dough everywhere,” Katie joked.

She said the family — who include Cruise’s kids with Nicole Kidman, Connor, 12, and Isabella, 14 — will likely go skiing. (She added that “[Tom’s] first two children are incredible, really smart and kind. They call me ‘Mom.’”)

As for Suri, Katie says “we don’t like to be away from her.

“She’s very aware,” Katie adds. “This summer, when Tom was working in Germany, she’d wake up and say, ‘Hello, Berlin,’”

Katie also expressed her gratitude for Tom. “I appreciate the man that I’m with and my family and my work,” she tells Parade. “I feel very lucky to be able to say that. I mean, what we do in a week is extraordinary.”

And below is a pic of the family’s Christmas card…very elegant! But why no photo?! 🙂

Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise

Katie has reportedly been busy with elfish duties this year: “Katie has kept her staff busy doing the shopping, and even had a different gift-wrap design for different categories: family, friends, business associates,” said a source. (Oh…to be that organized!)

Comments

1. Deeds says

I don’t want “dirt”, I would like to know the story of Toms children. Like who is the bilogical(sp) parent of the kids, Did Nichole give birth to her and Toms kids, etc.?

2. Shadow Girl says

Yeah, whatever. I bet she’s got so much plastic and silicone in her body that she’d be mistaken for a hooker out in LA. We all know Tom Crude likes them with more plastic-bigger the better? What an A-S-S!

3. dori says

Xenu (also Xemu), pronounced /?zi?nu?/, according to science fiction writer and Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, was the dictator of the “Galactic Confederacy” who, 75 million years ago, brought billions[1] of his people to Earth in DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Scientology holds that their essences remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm.[2][3]
    These events are known to Scientologists as “Incident II”, and the traumatic memories associated with them as The Wall of Fire. The story of Xenu is part of Scientologist teachings on extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in Earthly events, collectively described as space opera by Hubbard. Hubbard detailed the story in Operating Thetan level III (OT III) in 1967, warning that this material was “calculated to kill (by pneumonia etc) anyone who attempts to solve it.”[sic]
    Criticism of the Church of Scientology often includes details of the Xenu story. The Church has tried to keep Xenu confidential[4] but critics say that revealing the story is in the public interest, given the high prices charged for OT III, part of Scientology’s secret “Advanced Technology” doctrines taught only to members who have already contributed large amounts of money to the organization.[5] The Church avoids making mention of Xenu in public statements and has gone to considerable effort to maintain the story’s confidentiality, including legal action on the grounds of both copyright and trade secrecy. Despite this, much material on Xenu has leaked to the public, largely via the Internet.
    funny how this word is only used by shadow girl and miapocca

4. dori says

funny how this word is only used by shadow girl and miapocca

5. cece says

i think she is lying about the kids calling her mom i heard isabella didn’t like katie and wanted to live with her mom

6. Shadow Girl says

Clearly more psycho people around this time of year. Time to drink the Kool Aid and be abducted into the mothership! Hail Xenu, freaks!

7. M-i-a-p-o*c*c-a says

Hey shadow..yeah lots of koolaid drinkers always show up in time with silly mindless comments ahhahahahha

8. M-i-a-p-o*c*c-a says

Who care what they call the RoBoHo..She is too dazed and brainwashed into stupidity to know what who is calling her let alone suri..ahahhaha

9. Shadow Girl says

Piss off, fuger. Daisy A-S-S-O you seem like a real b with an itch.

SHouldn’t the hag be preparing to be abducted by Xenu on Xmas eve? Time to put that anal probe in. By her facial expressions, it’s nearly like she’s already got one!

10. Janey says

I have read all comments but in my opinion, I think we can’t really know what goes on in their private lives unless we lived with them. Interviews can turn out to be what the interviewee never intended. I am sure this interview is not verbatim and it is the interpretation of the magazine, Katie could have said it after being prompted by the interviewer but here it sounds random.

In the beginning Katie said the kids called her Katie and if they wished they would call her mum but that is upto them. They do call Nicole Mum and her comments were clearly taken out of context. These are not very young kids and they are cpapble of making their own decisions.

11. days says

I don’t put down anyone’s efforts to be a good stepparent. However, it’s one thing to try to keep the family united in that effort and to boast that the kids call you “Mom”.
    Even if they did call me that, I would never say that to a magazine just out of respect for their real mom and family unity. She started something divisive… just read the comments here!

12. pat says

stepping into the role of step-mother can be a hard thing to do, Katie was (and is) a young woman who took on this role as well as looking at being a first time new mom and wife, she has taken on these roles and shown support, love, and responsibility with each one. I respect her and admire her for that. Living under a spotlight every day of your life=she’s doing great more power to her.

13. minkysmom says

I don’t think that Kate has a problem with Nicole at all. And I don’t think what the kids call her is all that serious. What if she had no relationship with them? Nicole wouldn’t want them to have a stepmother who cares nothing about them.

14. Tia :) says

I watched this interview with Nicole. She said that her Kids call her mum and try to get away with Nicole…but she tells them off. She said it as a joke. Her kids call her mum.

15. Generic name says

Hate Katie ever since…the smile is sooo fake!!

well I think its doesn’t matter what they want to call…as long as the respect and love they give to their adopted parents is fair!!
    I hope Katie did not brainwashed this two children..

16. Andy says

If it is true that Isabella and Connor call Nicole by her first name, while calling “Kate” – “mom”, then they are very disrespectful and probably more brainwashed than they know.
    Truly –shame to Katie for flaunting this. Who knows? They may have called her that a couple times, and she blows it up. It seems to me she’s so jealous of Nicole she needs to embarrass her this way. I have no respect for Kate-reinvent-herself-Holmes.

17. Kimora and Kariah's Mommy says

If Katie is the woman in Isabella and Connor’s lives that parents, raises, and nurtures them, then I think she is completely worthy of that name.

18. annie says

“Tom’s really good in the kitchen … he has shown me the greatness of extra chocolate chips.” Isn’t Tom wonderful!!! I’m sure when Kate and Suri are cooking in the kitchen Tom will be off dreaming of the pool boy. This marriage is a joke and so is Tom.

19. Granny says

My husband and his brother have always called their parents by their first names and they are an extremely close family.

But, I have grown children and I put my foot down. Not to call their mother-in-laws Mom. I’m mom. So they have had to come up with alternate names (they just use their real names). And their in-laws are wonderful people too. I just cannot share the “mom” title even though others can.

20. mazer says

#10
    The 2 hands holding Queen L’s hand are Diane’s. Both of them. Katie’s on the sidelines, looking in like a psycho or a crazy lady…

Anyone can be organized with that much assistance and that many assistants. I bet she has an assistant to turn doorknobs for her or to flick a light switch.

21. gotta say says

haters get a life, all of you are green with envy and the biggest bunch of whiners I have ever heard. you know you wish you had half as much as she does whether you admit it or not

22. Dana says

I guess it’s easy to be that organized when you have a gazzillion dollars, a staff, and not much else to do.

23. Nicki says

MommaE -That is true, but Nicole is thier Mother. Her and Tom adopted both Bella and Conner when they were infants. They call Nicole by her name, according to a recent interview from Nicole. She doesn’t like it. Now Katie says they call her Mom? Just kind of weird.

This movie looks like it might be cute. I saw a quick preview awhile back. I would probably see it at the theater, depends on what else is playing at the time. I love Diane Keaton, but all the women in this pic look a bit strange.

24. Taylor M says

WHY WOULD YOU POST A PICTURE OF A CHRISTMAS CARD FROM TOM AND KATIE?……HOW LAME, AND BY THE WAY IT’S VERY UGLY.

25. MommaE says

I really like them-I think they got a bad rap to start off with but they seem like a very happy family. There should be no judgments on what they call her-they are old enough to understand. Tom and Nicole have not been a couple for many years now and the kids are I’m sure very aware of that.

26. 2teens3beans says

Where the heck is Katie’s arm? I see three hands together… is her arm under Queen Latifah’s armpit?

27. days says

I agree that Katie shouldn’t have said that Tom’s kids call her “Mom”. It was as if she wanted everyone to “see” that she was accepted or something.
    Poor Nicole has been on gag order from the divorce agreement. I wonder when she can spill the beans and tell all.

And last, Katie looks rather strange, sort of like a third wheeler in the magazine picture. With Diane and Queen Latifah holding hands, she’s just popping her head in like she had no connection with them as friends even though she worked with them.

Those are my thoughts. You have your opinion and good for you. Just don’t say I don’t have a right to mine.

28. D'Anna says

I can’t say I like this either, but it’s a change of pace from JL Spears…wonder if we’ll have 6 more months of stupid maternity clothes and advice from designers and idiot sisters?

To be honest she is Not those kids mother! She didn’t adopt them. If I was Nicole I would tell all of them off good and proper and starting with those two teenagers! She held her mouth for years though and after all, Tom did dump her, she didn’t him and would prob still be with him.

30. Lauren says

Katie seems so happy and content these days. I just feel bad for Nicole. Katie shouldn’t be telling magazines that her step-kids call her Mom. How does she think that makes Nicole feel?! Be aware Katie!

I think to be honest, Toms children are old enough to decide what they want to call Katie and not only that but half the time they live with Katie and Tom so she is their mum for half their lives and Nicole the other! Shes not their mum shes just another mum and I think thats quite nice! I really love this family!

32. pat says

I totally agree congrats to her and all her family….she seems to have it all including happiness….so there you have it a happy family. But then again you’ll have those who have to bash this family for something just because they can.. how sad for those people.

33. jennifer says

I really envy her,so lucky,so happy,so beautiful,so blessed
    to have Suri,so rich,so flawless……………….
    Good for her.

34. Just me says

I wonder how Nicole feels about her kids calling Katie Mom? I thought I read a while ago that they don’t even call Nicole Mom.