Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon Shares That Nothing Could Have Prepared Her For Twins

Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon

Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon and her husband welcomed twins two months ago and all that she wants is sleep! “Sleep,” she laughs. “All I want for Christmas is sleep.”

“It’s going good, but we’re exhausted,” she admitted to People magazine at the Los Angeles premiere of the play The Color Purple, which she attended with her husband, Michael Nilon. “It’s unbelievable how hard it is, really.”

Garcelle says she read some books to ready herself to deal with the demands of parenting her sons, Jax and Jaid, “But you can’t be prepared. No book can really tell you how to hold one and burp the other, which I was doing at 4 o’clock in the morning.”

“At first I wanted them on the same schedule but then I realized that you can’t really do it at the same time,” said Garcelle, 41, who also has a 15-year-old son from a previous marriage. “You can’t feed them and change diapers at the same time. Now I kind of want them to piggyback the time.”

Garcelle is already looking slender and fit, but revealed that she’s yet to start a post-pregnancy fitness regimen. “I just got the okay on Friday to work out,” she says. “I had a C-section so we had to wait six weeks.” She credits getting in peak condition for a nude Playboy layout published in August (which she shot in the early stages of her pregnancy) for helping her body bounce back so quickly. “I think that really helped me lose my weight, because I was in great shape before that.”

She’s hoping to ease back into her favorite workout – IF Santa delivers on some much-needed rest. “I’m going to go back to Pilates,” she vows. “That is what I like to do, but right now I’m too tired to do anything!”

Comments

1. cherokee says

#7 I have to agree with you….being the mother of a teenager and then having new babies makes you a “new” mother. I am a grandmother of a 9 month old boy and even though I have 2 kids that are fully grown and went through all that other stuff…it all seems new to me.

2. Anya says

I’m with boo…anyone who has had even ONE baby knows how tough it is – now double that!…I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep so many nights, but that never meant I regretted anything or didn’t want my baby…geesh!….she’s just going through “new” mommy stuff like probably 99.9999999% of new mothers do!…And before everyone jumps down my throat and says she’s not a new mother…well after 15 years it must seem like everything new again!

Sorry, but the only part about that story that got me feeling sorry for anyone at all was knowing that the mother of a 15 year old boy posed for playboy. I wonder how embarrassed he must be about that?! What a stupid thing to do.

4. Lauren says

It must be so hard to be getting up in for midnight feedings for two newborns. But, it’s all rewarding in the end. 😀

5. boo says

She’s not nagging and Nowhere in there did she say she didn’t want them…. she is simply saying that caring for 2 babies is hard work! Some people have a harder time adjusting to the sleepless nights then others! and seeing as she has a teenager well its been a long time since shes been doing mid night feedings and d i a p e r changes!
    And from the way this sounds she is doing I assume most if not all of it HERSELF which is a change from most celeb parents having nanny’s getting up and doing the Night time routine

6. Boo says

She’s not nagging and Nowhere in there did she say she didn’t want them…. she is simply saying that caring for 2 babies is hard work! Some people have a harder time adjusting to the sleepless nights then others! and seeing as she has a teenager well its been a long time since shes been doing mid night feedings and diaper changes!

7. jennifer says

Guess she ‘s been through an I.V.F or
    something,there is a very low probability for a 41year
    to get pregnant easily.So stop nagging,it was
    what you wanted!

8. Pika says

Hope they can get some sleep by the time the twins go to college! They’re hard work…especially during the teeny infant stage.