Milla Jovovich's Daughter

Milla Jovovich

Milla Jovovich shared on her website: The name Ever is a Scottish boy’s name, Paul (Milla’s fiancé) has Scottish blood in him (not to mention two tartans in his family!) so we wanted to give her a name that reflected her “celtic” roots, while her middle name Gabo -pronounced “Gabeau”- is a mixture of my parent’s names! The first two letters are after my mom’s first name, Galina and the last two letters are after my dad’s first name Bogie!

Ever was born on November 3rd.

1. lola says

I like the way they came up with the name– another poster said it best: “It’s a lovely, meaningful name. They weren’t trying to be trendy, they were trying to reflect their family’s heritage and their child’s ancestry.”

There *is* a name, however, that I *CAN’T* stand, and that’s poor little Apple, Gwyneth’s daughter…Ever isn’t as bad as Apple…or Story, or anything else….

And I can’t tell WHO she looks like in that pic…She could look just like her dad there, too.

Absolutely beautiful baby! Just beautiful!

Don’t care much for the name though. And I love Scottish names! Love Scotland, period!!!!!

3. Janessa says

Oh, to be so rich & famous that one has the luxury of all the time in the world to sit around and do nothing except imagine up these ridiculous friggin’ names for one’s baby. And then, as if the name wasn’t worse enough, the over-the-top, laughable explanations some celebs go into as to why they named the baby this, is even more ridiculous. Please. As if they are so clever and more enlightened than someone who names their kid Emma. Gabo? Pronounced Gabeau? For Real??? OMG that is laughable. I think I will take the 2 letters from the middle of my Dad’s name, add to the last 3 letters of my dog’s name and then cap it off with the first 2 letters of my mom’s name when I name my next child. How crafty and neat would I be? Not.

And Ever? It’s been done before. In fact, Ever Carradine called. She wants her name back. Original much? Nope.

4. Squeak says

Right, can I have the last word here….I’m Scottish and Ever is NOT a Scottish name – male or female. I have never, EVER (ha ha) heard of anyone here called that. There are tons of lovely Scottish names but maybe they were just too traditional for them…Can’t have your celeb baby called something normal!!!

5. Tia :) says

I myself have never heard of Ever being scottish. I just looked it up and its a hebrew boys name!

The baby is a beauty though! She’s going to be one pretty little girl!

6. 2teens3beans says

Ever is not bad, Gabo is awful… but thank goodness it’s just a middle name. I think she is a cute baby and looks like Milla.

7. Squeekysue says

I have ever heard of the name Ever and I am scottish, are you sure it’s not Even, or even a bad spelling of the word Heather.

8. lucia says

cute baby! i don’t like her name but all the celebrities wants their kids are having strange names, it’s trendy now… but horrrible

9. RedNails says

Maybe they decided to give homage to the scottish boys name because the first 2 letters of his fathers name begin with the last two letters of ever and the last two letters of his mothers name are ev—so you see it made sense!!

10. Cathi says

i think it’s trendy because they all have these heritage/exotic/obscure reasons for giving these strange names. and lets face it, it is deffinetly a growing trend.

11. Adele says

Beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl!!

Would love to know how using a family’s heritage/name is “trendy”.

12. Ruby Jackson says

13. Cathi says

precious baby but very unfortunate name. in their quest to be super original, celebs are sentencing their children to a lifetime with a handicapped name. i say handicapped because these kids will always have to spell, pronounce and explain their names for the rest of their lives. oh, but it is “unique” and “original”…so what? i’m glad that my parents didn’t saddle me with a name like Ever Gaboo and I hope that this trend ends soon….!!!

14. days says

“Ever Gabo”?? Sorry, but it sounds like he’s “forever gabbing or talking” with that name.

Cute baby but his hand looks awfully purple to me.