Drea De Matteo & Shooter Jennings Welcome A Daughter

Drea de Matteo

Drea de Matteo of Sopranos fame has welcomed a daughter named Alabama Gypsy Rose.

The actress, 35, and her musician boyfriend Shooter Jennings, 28, welcomed Alabama Gypsy Rose on Wednesday night, a rep for the actress tells E! Online’s Marc Malkin.

Alabama Gypsy Rose is the first child for the couple, who have been dating for six years.

In June, even before she knew the gender, Drea had a feeling she was having a girl. “I use ‘she,’ because I’m getting so fat, I think it’s a girl!” she said at the time.

Congratulations!

Comments

1. rene says

Considering the baby’s name, I kind of glad Tony Soprano had her taken out in the woods now (LOL).

2. alana says

Considering the parents’ names are waylon aka shooter and Drea, I’m surprised they didnt name her emily lily jennings alabama gypys rose these celebrities names get wackier every time

3. Zbella says

Not crazy about Alabama, but I love the name Gypsy Rose. SOOO cute. We call our baby Ellie May as a nick name – so obviously country names don’t bother us.

4. Grip says

You know, I hate the “I figured it was a girl because I was getting so fat” crap. Old BS wives tales about girls “stealing” looks, etc… totally ticks me off.

Didn’t Shooter play his dad in Walk the Line?

5. kim--original kim says

Congrats to them! I once met his father, what a very nice man! Ol’ Waylon would be a grandfather….cool. I’m sure Jessie Colter will love being a grandma.

6. Cathi says

The name Alabama doesn’t bother me. The name Alabama Rose is ok, too. But Alabama Gypsy Rose is way too much. But I did love Drea in the Sopranos. I can still hear her saying, “Christopher” with her New York accent.

7. Tia :) says

Not liking the name either….hopefully she’ll just get Ala when she gets older…I went to school with an Ala.

Congrats!

8. erika says

Shooter is not his real name! His real name is Waylon Albright (“Shooter”) Jennings. He is the only child of country music legends Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter.

9. 2teens3beans says

NOT digging the name. 🙁
    I am picturing little Alabama Gypsy Rose at age 16 and she looks alot like Elly May Clampett with a couple of teeth knocked out!

10. Amber says

Acckkk…. Alabama as in Alabama slammer, what a name to have and with Gypsy Rose, that sounds like the name of a song.

11. hmmmm says

ok..who are these people? and alabama gypsy??? lol..Hollywood is running out of baby names…whats next?

12. Lauren says

Congratulations. 😀 Alabama is a popular celeb baby name. Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler also named their daughter that.

13. Sam says

That is a most unfortunate name. But then again, with a father named “Shooter” they must be partial to more exotic names.