Usher & Wife Welcome A Son

UPDATE: Usher and Tameka named their son Usher Raymond V and their son was born in Atlanta, Ga. at 9:55 p.m., and weighed in at 7 lbs. 9 oz.

“We are so happy and proud of our beautiful son,” the couple said in a statement. “What a blessing!”

Usher and his wife, Tameka Foster, welcomed a baby boy on Monday night in Atlanta, his agent confirmed.

While his rep didn’t have any details about the baby’s name or birth stats, the Grammy-winning entertainer previously told E! News that he planned to have his firstborn share the family moniker and be named Usher Raymond V.

Usher, 29, and Tameka, 36, announced the pregnancy in June.

The couple wed in a private civil ceremony on August 3rd and renewed their vows on September 1st in a blowout party in Atlanta.

They were originally scheduled to marry in July, but called off the event at the last minute, after Tameka had an unspecified “pregnancy scare.”

Speaking to People in September, Usher said, “I just want my son to fully be coherent and to be healthy, first and foremost.”

1. missy a.k.a lil bitt says

Hola my boo usher i luv u still and i’m very proud that you have your first child already but i still want to be your wife and i still want to have your child and spend the rest of life with you or your brother. I love u boo.

I think Usher should have just stayed with my home girl Chilli N-E-way.Who is Tameka she’s a nobody.I still have respect for my man Usher .He’s doing the right thing by staying by her side.

3. Kimora and Kariah's Mommy says

Hmmm maybe you should develop some originality hmmmm….and learn how to spell hmmmmm…..

4. hmmmm says

Kimoa & kirah’s Mommy…are you trying to revive the KKK? Your next baby will be—-Kit Kat perhaps???hmmmm

5. cherokee says

#11 can say what she said but my comment is being held in moderation? Does not make sense to me.

6. Meg says

babies are a joy but why didn’t he find someone without all that baggage (anb ex-husband and three kids)- he could have done so much better!

7. Mellynn says

Gee, they named the baby Usher…go figure!!! I hope they can make a go of things…they were off to a rather inauspicious start….if it’s Usher’s, though, I am sure it’s a good-looking kid.

8. cherokee says

#6…why all the anger? Don’t understand why you and JJ are posting such angry nasty things. The birth of a child is a wonderful thing no matter who the parents are. And every child is a blessing no matter what they look like. Remember…we were all made in God’s image.

9. tessa says

on ellen degernes show usher said that if it was a boy he was goning to name him usher from his own words -If it’s a boy, I’m going to name him Usher. I’m hoping to name him that. I’ve been playing with a few names. I’m the fourth. Usher Raymond IV. I just want to pass the name on. Maybe I’ll change the middle name.

franky i think is so egotistical. when some guy name thire son after him and worst if is a girl anyways if the baby name is ineed usher he will join all the off beat celebrity names out there audio science bluebell madonna lourdes suri rumer apple moses scout brawley phionex and the list goes on

10. Mara says

That is no girl and I think 36 must be her Hollywood age.
    Still congratulations and I will wait patiently until someone post a picture of the little one. The birth of a baby is a ways blessing. I hope he is healthy and loved.

11. lilcutie says

I can’t stand the guy..and I hope Tameka spends all his moola..and in the end, he finds out…the baby wasn’t his…lol

12. YES I SAID IT says

USHER……………..As a fan and not a hater……..pls go get a DNA test and make sure the child is ur’s and not becuz man-meek says it is………….if it is urs after that then I will congradulate, but until then………………..MAURY…………

13. Kimora and Kariah's Mommy says

Yup…that’s been the buzz. Glad to see confirmation. Atlanta represent!! lol