Nicki, I know you love that family, I do think it is an iron clad adoption, as it should be. I think Zahara looks just like the picture of the young girl and I think the Grandma lied and said she was an orphan, and in reality, she was.

I think it was all about the money, greedy people and low life reporters trying to make money on a story, despicable!!!!

I doubt if Angie or Brad even gave it a second thought, they are the true parents and I wished them luck in this situation.

It just shows how low the magazines will stoop!

2. Nicki says

I just wanted to share that with you. I love easy, and easy clean up.

I hate the moderation crap. I put the actual statement from the orphanage that Zahara was in on that thread, but it was waiting moderation, if it showed up or not I don’t know, it showed up on my computer, but everyone responded to the WM article, which was from a tablies. I think it was #29 or around there, but no comments on the true story, I saw it on my computer but it always said “waiting moderation”. So who knows if it showed up. BY the way they, the head of the orphanage said the adoption of Zahara is solid clad. A done deal, solid, NOTHING can change it. Also a similiar story came out in ’05, just a different name of the mom, and it was Shot down in flames!.

Sorry oriana, I know you didn’t mention this, this is my “beef” with the moderation from here. Post a legit article and get moderated, but post something from the tabbis and it goes through.

Anyway take care and have some acorn squash the easy way, and just as good.:lol:.

Sounds delish to me Nicki! Thanks! My comments are being moderated today so hope this gets thru!

4. Nicki says

oriana~Thanks for the thoughts. I’ve been doing well.
    Here is how my hubby does the acorn squash-so easy.
    Cut the in half, scoop out seeds, place them cut side down in a baking pan with about an inch or two of water, depending how big they are. Bake, they are done when a fork goes through skin easily. We serve then in the shells with butter and brown sugar. The shells are like little bowls and look cute on the plate and people can add the amount of butter and b. sugar they personally want. It is so easy and looks cute, but best of all tastes yummy.
    I do hate snapping the beans too but they always taste so good, makes it worth it. My hubbys grandma used to make yummy bread pudding. Take care.

Oh Nicki, you had a wonderful meal indeed my Dear! I haven’t had acorn squash in a long time! Love it! Oh yes, had the green beans with new potatoes, I hate snapping those things, takes a long time! I did have some homemade Bread pudding though. Take care my Friend, I have been thinking about you!!!!!!

6. Nicki says

oriana~ No southern, but great food just the same. Hubby made is tried and true Apple cranberry walnut stuffing, gravy, green beans with cream, baked yams, twice baked potatoes, acorn squash and of course the canned cranberry sauce,lol. It was very filling, too filling, but awesome. And we had Apple carmel pie for dessert. (much later on though). A great day on the phone with all our loved ones and stuffing our selves.
    Hope yours was great also. I’m sure you made lots of wonderful dishes. Take care. Got to go, my Patriots are on.

Nicki, I KNOW you had some good Southern food down there!!! It is like 48 here, cold last night!

Ladies, enjoy your weekend! Eating leftovers and shopping, sleeping, decorating!

8. Nicki says

I hope everyone had a wonderful meal spent celebrating with your loved ones. It was a beautiful day here yesterday around 75. (Today freezing cold-but yesterday was beautiful.)

9. dori says

comment#5 Happy Thankgsgiving to you too…..
    Even had to come in here and insult people on Thankgsgiving. Aren’t you sweet…….

10. cherokee says

Everyone should be thankful as you all apparently have more than others. You can sit at your computer when there are those that don’t have a home. Put away the nastiness and snide remarks. Everyone have a wonderful holiday.

#5, an especially Happy Thanksgiving to You! Sounds like you need one! OR maybe it is a Happy Pill you need! Ignore her dori, and let’s eat lots and laugh lots today!

It is cold here tonight and am stuffed! Hope everyone that is driving, drive safely and stay warm!!!!!!

12. Tia :) says

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the U.S.! Have a lovely day ladies!!! Eat lots and enjoy your friends and family!

Most definately Happy Thanksgiving everyone and you too Webmistress!!!!! Thanks for a great web site!!!!!!