Nicole Richie Donates Her Baby Shower Gifts To Charity

Nicole Richie

Nicole Richie and boyfriend Joel Madden, who are due to have their first child in January, will donate baby gifts to 100 expectant families in need through the newly-formed Richie Madden Foundation through the Los Angeles Free Clinic.

“It’s really sweet,” says shower guest Rashida Jones, of NBC’s The Office. “With all the swag these days, we’re given so much stuff it’s almost wasteful, and it’s kind of nice when we’re giving to each other to give to someone else.”

While many friends at Sunday’s shower in Beverly Hills donated gifts to the charity, they also brought gifts for Nicole and Joel to keep – including one children’s book from every guest to help build the baby’s library.

I think that is such a cool idea….for each guest to bring a book for the baby!

Comments

1. Lily says

I think what Nicole did is great. I’ve never been a big fan of Nicole, but I have noticed that she’s doing really great and i applaud her! Pregnancy has made a better person out of her. She makes a cute pregnant girl! Congrats!:)

2. Blair says

This site is getting lame. I didn’t say anything innapropriate and my comment is “awaiting moderation?” I didn’t make any insults or use foul language. WTF?

3. Lauren says

How sweet. Nicole seems to really be turning over a new leaf. Ever since, she got together with Joel, she’s changed for the better!!

4. Tia :) says

Kimora and Kariah’s Mommy , i agree fully!. I can;t wait to see what she’ll be like as a mommy…good for her!!

5. Kimora and Kariah's Mommy says

Stop being so mean….I don’t even want to address those kinds of comments.
    Miss Ritchie seems to be turning into little miss supermom. I’m so proud of her- what a turn around!

6. daisy says

um, why have a baby shower if you are going to donate the gift? Why set it up with some pretense of a baby shower – unlesss you say bring a gift to be donated. I know I spend lots of tiime and thhought into shower gifts.

7. Christy says

I think it is great too, if only she were that thoughtful when on the road…it may feel like a lifetime ago to her, but her reckless driving was last year no less. She can help people from now on by giving the gift of driving sober…

8. 2teens3beans says

Maternity certainly agrees with Nicole, and by her actions she is showing that she’s just as beautiful inside as out.

9. ms says

Much nicer than Salma Hayek who registered for $400 gifts and actually kept them although her husband is a billionare.

10. amy says

Well, my first thought was “who is going to teach the babies parents to read, so they can read to him/her?” But, that’s mean. I guess they have been keeping it together pretty good lately, so I slapped myself on the wrist.

11. squeekysue says

What a nice thing to do, especially from someone who even a year ago was thought to be vapid and self centered.