Ryan Phillippe With Ava & Deacon

Reese Witherspoon

Ryan Phillippe was snapped at LAX with Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4, on November 12th upon returning from a weekend trip to Philadelphia.

Ryan recently shared that he was suicidal after his 2006 split with wife of seven years Reese Witherspoon.

“After the divorce, I was a physical wreck. I wanted to die,” he told the Autumn-Winter 2007-2008 of U.K. magazine Man About Town. “I was ready to kill myself. I was not taking care of myself at all. I would wake up and cry and vomit.”

Ryan, 33 – who shares custody of their children, Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4 — says the experience has ultimately made him a better actor: He can cry faster on cue.

“Now, it’s f—king easy,” he says. “When I was younger, I didn’t have enough to cry about. But since I’ve had kids, I feel my work has become better, because my life is fuller and more complicated, and I’ve experienced so many highs and lows.”

Ryan will return to big screen in the March drama Stop Loss — which again teams him with former flame Abbie Cornish, who he was seeing right before he split with Witherspoon — but don’t expect him to star in any commercials anytime soon.

He found fault with Catherine Zeta-Jones’ decision to star in T-Mobile ads, saying, “When I see her in a movie it’s hard to disassociate the two.”

Comments

1. patti says

People who are”so sure it’s one or the other’s fault, no nothing, except what is spoon fed by the media. There are so many celebrities supposedly dating someone, and it turns out they just “happened” to be seen together. AND that’s the end of it. I’m not totally blaming Ryan for the split.

2. amy says

Poor everyone involved. I feel for Ryan…they were young sweethearts who stayed married so young for 7 yrs. Ryan prob made a mistake or 2..but Reese has too much self-respect and southern values to allow herself to take him back. Plus, she has to be a good role-model for her kids…teaching that cheating/wandering eyes/playing around isn’t ok.

I’ve always loved Reese. I still feel for Ryan. And those kids are the cutest things I’ve seen since Violet Affleck.

To the poster who said, “It must be so hard having a daughter that looks JUST LIKE your x….” is the truest, yet saddest comment of all IMO.

I do wish they’d re-unite, but I don’t see Reese doing that. I wish them all the best.

3. littlecutie says

Ryan is a washed up actor who is trying to gain sympathy or promote another b-list movie. Come on..he doesn’t seem like the type of guy who is faithful..and even if their marriage was falling apart, Reese seems like the type of woman who would do anything to keep it together.

This guy can’t act…but I did like him on Saved by the Bell as screech. hehe

4. Zbella says

The kids are too cute. Ryan is hot, no denying that, but once a player, always a player. Reese is too smart for that sort of bull. I wish her the best, with Jake or whomever!

5. nosoupforyou says

I have no doubt that Ryan cheated. None. Reese is too classy to discuss it. When the cheating rumors came out, Ryan said he “wasn’t perfect.” You don’t have to be perfect to respect your wedding vows.

Ryan says the most important thing in his life is his kids. Well, he shouldn’t have cheated on their mother. The result was that their family was broken.

I have no sympathy for him. Be a good dad and move on. We don’t want to hear about your sorrow that you destroyed your marriage.

6. Amanda says

I think a lot more went on than the cheating. Remember it takes TWO to get a divorce! People make mistakes. Marriage is SUPPOSED to be a life long commitment.

Those kids are adoreable and Ava looks just like Reese. They are both excellent parents!

I wish them all all the happiness in the world.
    I wouldnt be surprized if they didnt end up back together!

7. Janessa says

Dude should have thought of that before the cheating.

Should also make like Reese and keep his trap shut.

8. Cathi says

he was suicidal? i think he is just trying to gain sympathy from the public cause he screwed up and he knows it. if he was that torn up inside…it was because he got caught! as far as i’m concerned, he never deserved reese. i hope she moves on and finds a great guy who really will cherish and love her.

9. theresa says

it must be hard to have a child that looks so much like your ex-spouse. i wonder if deacon will start to look like a mini-Ryan?

10. dori says

I have been posting this morning too and half my comments are awaiting moderation. Whats going on here?

11. dori says

No one knows for sure why they broke up. He and his ex flame were making a movie together and some of you jumped to the conclusion he was cheating. Maybe the marriage just fell apart. I didn’t realize he took it so bad . It is a shame they split up and I thought they were a great couple.

12. Grip says

You know, one thing I have to give Reese & Ryan credit for is speaking about how hard the divorce was… Reese talked about having panic attacks as this was taking place. While it is a shame that they, and others like them, can not work things out, at least they are not acting blase about it. They are showing how painful divorce was to them. (You can only imagine the effects on the children.) By not minimizing it, they have in a way gained my respect. And both of them seem to be loving, responsible parents…. so I wish them all the best

13. DMITZ says

Okay, none of my posts are going thru. That’s really irritating the $h!t out of me.

Serves Ryan right. I wished they could have worked it out for the sake of the kids, but for Reese to leave him, he must have messed up pretty bad.

14. Kelsey says

That is true Lauren, nothing was confirmed. I guess I am just forming my opinion on the only information that has been presented.

15. Lauren says

We don’t know any concrete evidence that Ryan strayed in the marriage. It was just reported that he did. They never offically gave a reason why the marriage ended. He does seem like an awesome father and his kids are simply precious.

16. Kelsey says

Maybe I am a horrible person, but I can’t give this man any sympathy. HE was the one who strayed in the marriage and caused HIMSELF the pain of watching one of the most beautiful, intelligent, and genuine women in Hollywood walk away. However, he does appear to be a loving father and his children are simply adorable!

He got what he deserved! I do think he is a good father even if he was a cheating husband. I hope Reese is happy!

18. luckylee13 says

Didn’t he cheat on Reese with his co-star? Are we supposed to feel sorry for him? I’m sure Reese felt even worse.