Alex Rogriguez & Wife Expecting Their Second Child

Alex Rodriguez

New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, 32, and his wife, Cynthia, 34, are expecting a baby next spring.

“Cynthia and I are overjoyed to announce this addition to our family,” says Alex. “We realize what a special gift children are, and feel very blessed to welcome our second child.”

Alex (apparently also called Arod) and his wife of nearly five years already have a daughter, Natasha, 2.

“I feel great!” Cynthia says, adding that they don’t yet know the sex of the baby, but will find out as soon as they can. “My daughter wants to know more than we do!”

“We’re just real excited,” she adds. “It’s almost more exciting than the first child in a way, because you can anticipate what you already know is so amazing. We’re thrilled. We can’t wait.”

Hmmm…didn’t Alex just cheat on his wife in May with a stripper in Toronto and just to see how classy Cynthia is check out this lovely shirt (it says f*** you) that she wore to a game while sitting next to her daughter.

Alex Rodriguez

What a lovely example she will surely set for her children.

Best Wishes.

Comments

1. Nunta says

Forget Britney Spears, Forget Redsock fans, the only thing thats in focused right now is that maybe she loves him and he loves her, the new baby isn’t the answer but its always a start. Arod is just being a typical guy, but you have to give them credit if they can overcome these cheating affairs. Things might actually turn out great, her daughter is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I think they can pull it together. There a beautiful couple.

2. Sarah says

I do find that interesting that Britany isn’t the model of “poor parenting choices” on this website myself. I do agree that it’s not smart to plan (or not plan, whatever) a baby after a very publicized affair, however, you make your bed so now you must lie in it. She’s only enabling the bad behavior.

3. Lesley says

I didn’t know he cheated on her, or about the shirt. Can’t say I’m surprised though, it seems the list of cheating sports stars is endless-they have so many opportunities. I’m sorry to think that this new little baby seems to be coming into a troubled family situation.

4. Jenna M. (UK) says

Webmistress, you have become very bitter and judgemental recently.

And I find it very hypocritical that you stick up for Britney through everything and say that she is simply being “victimised” by Kevin’s lawyers (Uh hello? They are doing their JOB!), yet you are appalled by words on this woman’s t-shirt?

5. Karina the Great says

THIS SITE USE TO BE COOL NOW IT SUCKS WHAT HAPPEN TO THE WM….. THIS SUCKSSSSSSSS

6. Karina the Great says

COME ON WHO CARES … IT IS JUST A T-SHIRT SHE IS PROBRALY SICK AND TIRED ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPEN IN THEIR LIFES AND SHE JUST WANTS TO BE LEFT ALONE … WM YOU REALLY NEED TO LOOK UP IN THE DICTONARY THE WORD CLASS, CLASSY, AND CLASSINESS IS .. BECAUSE TRUST ME BRITNEY SPEARS IS NOT IN IT… SHE IS THE POSTER CHILD OF TRASH….

7. Karina the Great says

COME ON WHO CARES … IT IS JUST A T-SHIRT SHE IS PROBRALY SICK AND TIRED ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPEN IN THEIR LIFES… WM YOU REALLY NEEDS TO LOOK UP IN THE DICTONARY THE WORD CLASS, CLASSY, AND CLASSINESS IS YOU.. BECAUSE TRUST ME BRITNEY SPEARS IS NOT IN IT… SHE IS THE POSTER CHILD OF TRASH….

8. sara says

His “so called” Affair was inappropriate, the T-shirt is inappropriate as well….we didn’t need either of them.

9. Mellynn says

Wow, webmistress. Anyone who thinks Britney has been victimized by attorneys (or the media) probably isn’t a great judge of the status of A-Rod’s marriage.

Ya think?

10. Nosoupforyou says

Yes, sports stars are celebs and I like reading about them.

I liked the entry.

All babies are “planned.” If you choose not to use birth control, then you are planning to have a baby.

Well, this is not the first time, nor the last he cheated on his wife. My friend use to be the secretary at a gym ARod attended in Miami called Body and Soul. She use to tell me endless stories of girls that he slept with from the gym. And she was instructed by him to pass other women’s phone calls to him at the gym, only when his wife wasn’t around. Major scumbag!!!
    But honestly, all these athlete’s wives know that their men are cheating. They just are willing to look the other way as long as they enjoy the money and fame.

12. e says

The rumors about this couple spin far beyond cheating. Alleged activities of the couple (not just Alex) include many many private hours together (and with various strippers) in the VIP back rooms of local strip clubs……

13. Lauren says

Maybe they’re just trying to work things out and she got pregnant. That does happen, you know. 😉

14. Sharrie says

I am sure a 2 year old is REAL excited to know what the sex of the baby is….come on……while the comment on the t-shirt put to word what she felt..I don’t think she needed to take it out in public. Always a lovely sentiment.

15. Sassy says

You said #7 un-classy, what a women ARod scored..hahaha, maybe this is a message to the striper…

16. kim--original kim says

WM, what’s going on with you lately?? Though I am a HUGE Red Sox fan….
    The example she’s setting for her children is honoring her commitment to her marriage, even though A-Rod did NOT.

17. **S says

Maybe the baby wasn’t planned. And now that they are going to have a baby, maybe they are going to try and work things out in their marriage. Maybe see a therapist. Furthermore, lots of couples work it out after one cheats. Lot of hard work, but it is possible.

18. Just me says

Nicely put, Elsa! I agree with you.
    Believe me, I am NOT defending Britney in any way, shape or form. But she clearly has a mental problem and Mrs. A-Rod (who I think was a knidergarten teacher) is just mad over the situation with her husband. That’s almost worse!

19. Elsa says

OK – my head is spinning.

WM, you think she is going to be a horrible example to her children but you DEFEND Britney on a daily basis…

Now, and I’m an avowed Yankee fan, I think it is absurd for them to have a baby considering he was cheating on her mere months ago…. babies are not meant to be problem solvers…. and I thought wearing that shirt was tacky with a capital T. HOWEVER, her 2 yr old daughter could not read it… (although other children present did and that was just plain WRONG). But you can not compare this to Britney’s antics which you give a pass daily…. do not get it…..

20. DMITZ says

I think it’s interesting information. I didn’t know he cheated on her. I knew about the shirt though.. wasn’t there a big ordeal about that?

21. mememe says

I think I would have left this family out… after all.. are people in sports really celebs? They aren’t to me…

22. Tia :) says

Geezw WM, you sure have been bitter lately. Maybe they’re trying to work through their problems