Usher Is Having The Son That He Wanted & He Wants Him To Be Fully Coherent

That just made me giggle!

When asked what he is looking forward to most about being a new dad, Usher, 28, said his desires are quite simple.

“I just want my son to fully be coherent and to be healthy, first and foremost,” he told People magazine at the USHER for Men and USHER for Women fragrance launch party at Cipriani in Manhattan.

“I’ve found that it is a step-by-step process. You can wish for a million and one things. But I hope that my son has the same energy I had as a child,” Usher said. “Hopefully, he won’t be as bad as me. I hope that he’s just a healthy son.”

Usher is already getting what he hopes for, considering he announced, “I want it to be a boy,” on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in August.

On that same show he also gave some hints about what he’d name his son. “If it’s a boy, I’m going to name him Usher,” the musician – full name Usher Raymond – said. “I’m hoping to name him that. I’ve been playing with a few names. I’m the fourth. Usher Raymond IV. I just want to pass the name on. Maybe I’ll change the middle name.”

Mom-to-be, Tameka, 37, told People magazine she’s feeling “beautiful” but having odd cravings.

“I eat ice all day,” she said. “It’s a weird thing. I love it. Now I’m thinking about ice. I want to find some ice.”

Tameka also admits that while she’s aiming for a natural birth, it might not happen.

“I don’t want drugs,” she said. “I’ll try. I say that now. You call me about ten hours into labor. I’ll be asking for everything. Vicodin and everything.”

Also on hand was Usher’s mother, Jonetta Patton, who has reportedly clashed with Tameka. Jonetta did not attend their wedding, but is looking forward to the couple’s birth. “I’m very excited about being a grandmother,” she said.

Best Wishes!

1. HA HAHA says

Usher wants his baby boy to be coherent………is that because he wasn’t with this woman?….. and what the heck is she talikng about vicodin…..i hope she was just tryin to be cute…what a dumbASS

2. HA HAHA says

Obviously, Usher wants his son to be coherent , because he wasn’t……after reading her comment about the vicodin,….I hope she was just tryin to be cute……what a dumbass

3. Not trying to be mean! says

SHE’S A MAN…………………………no, but what I don’t like is she has 3 kids already and not that its not ok to have kids…but……….she left them and her husband to be with a super star and is now acting like this would be her 1st kid…….its on so many sites that the kid is by her ex-hubby but she is making Usher believe its by him to keep him……..the reason why they didn’t get married the 1st time is becuz she didn’t want to sign a pre-nup………….she’s stolen merchandise from stores to sell to her clients, she’s done welfare fraud……….she’s lied about being this celebrity stylist for everyone to get in the business and even Usher’s own mom don’t like her and had to put a restraining order on her, she cheated on her husband with Usher……while he was still dating Chili……………………now come on…………….who’s an opportunist now?

4. DMITZ says

I think she trapped him in different ways. I don’t like her b/c she seems to put things in Usher’s head so that she can get her way. I just can’t believe that Usher would let it come between him and his mother.

5. MN says

Craving Ice… she should looking into her iron levels, it could be a sign of anemia. And who gets vicodin in labor? LOL. Epidural yes, IV drugs sure… but vicodin? I’m pretty sure that’s not an option.

6. 2teens3beans says

What is it with vilifying the woman all the time!! How in the heck was he “trapped”? He’s an adult, wear a damn condom!

7. Lauren says

She totally trapped him! And of course, he’ll do the right thing and stand by her. Congratulations Usher!

8. Sandra says

Shouldn’t she know if she will make it with or without drugs since she already has kids? I feel bad Usher is trapped ;o(