Salma Hayek's Baby Shower

Salma Hayek

(In the above pic a glowing Salma was snapped on June 8th in Venice, Italy.)

An expectant Salma Hayek, 41, was treated to a baby shower held at her home in the Hollywood Hills on August 15th.

The nine-months-pregnant Hayek (dad is her fiancé, Francois-Henri Pinault, 45, CEO of luxury goods company PPR) even received doubles of several gifts off her registry at L.A.’s NoMi Boutique. She got Petunia Pickle Bottom Cake bags in both black ($325) and pink ($425), as well as two Bloom high chairs ($400 each) and Graco Snug Ride car seats ($130 each). “She was very excited about everything,” said Pia Lindstrom, who attended the party, where guests – including Hayek’s mother – enjoyed homemade Mexican food.

“She was full of pregnancy glow and looked so happy.”

For Salma, the baby can’t come fast enough. “Motherhood is not for everyone,” she has said. “It is for me.”

And though Salma has not yet announced whether she’s expecting a boy or a girl, think pink: A source says gift cards were made out to “Valentina.”

Comments

1. Mommy 2 a Mixed Boy says

Finally! I see a pregnant celebrity that looks how i looked pregnant! Must be the latin blood. lol. I looked just like her! I filled out everywhere and looked very pregnant the whole way. Must be a latina thing 🙂

2. obnoxious spice says

wow, this truly does seem to be the longest pregnancy EVER….bet she can’t wait to finally meet her baby!! i know i can’t wait to see the pics

3. Elsa says

Call me old fashioned, but I’m with you Husker…something to be said about doing it the old fashioned way. “Not in love enough to get married, but want a kid together?” What is that? Messed up world.

4. eminencegrise says

She looks dire. Imagine how bad she’d look if she didn’t have all that money to tart herself up?

I believe he’s already got at least two grown children from his first wife.

Perhaps he is still waiting for his divorce to be finalised before he can marry Salma?

These days people are having babies, instead of getting married! I don’t like that dress! I am sorry. I can’t wait until she pops. I can’t wait until I see that girl that was dancing on stage in “From Dusk To Dawn” I remember those days!!!! ((If you want to venture back to those days.Look what is behind my name))))))

6. Miapocca says

Is marriage that neccessary, seems to me with these hollywierdo it saves them the price of a divorce lawyer

Besides they may not be tha tin love to married, just two folks who wanted to have a kid together…who knows selma may have jsut felt her biological clock ticking an dshe wanted a baby and not marriage..there are tons of women these days who are not intrested in the traditional stuff because they have to be realistic at a certina point or keepg waiting fo rprince charming till they turn 60 and menopausal

Okay..so Selma manage her weight quite bit since last, but the michelin look is jus tnot working..she looks beautiful as always, but hat baby is certainly not a 30lb baby

7. Zbella says

I don’t see a picture either. But it says it’s from July 8 which is almost 2 months ago. I HAVE seen my US Weekly, from which this article was taken. She is big. She is ready! Her fiance is one of the richest men in the world, so I guess a $400 highchair seems fine to them! I love my 1st years $40 booster that I’ve used for all 3 kids. BTW, plenty of non-Hollywood types have babies before they are married.

8. Tia :) says

to each his own i say! If you are financially stable why the hell not? Marrage isnt for everyone..

congrats to them!

9. Husker says

I just wonder what ever happened to getting married first and then the baby. Hollywood is just to screwed up.

10. Tess says

Salma is enaged to the wealthy Frenchman Francois-Henri Pinault- who is the chief executive of PPR, the company that owns Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent and a string of other French retail chains.