Comments

1. kimmy says

#14- thank you for being respectful. I know as a mommy you know what’s best for your baby so I don’t want to tell you what to do. It’s not my job and it’s not my business. For me personally, I’ve done some internet research and Doctors have said that that’s too old. If you can find me some web pages that back up what you believe that would be great! I’m really not that computer literate to do that but I can tell you that if you google it the majority of Doctors out there will say definitely in the first year they should start to be taken. But I’m open minded to be more educated!

2. Mommy 2 a Mixed Boy says

Kimmy I dont think they are supposed to be taken away at 6 months. If u look at pacifier packages, they go further than 6 months. And I dont think anyone meant to attack, its just that everyone is so defensive on this site since there is always someone ready to criticize for no reason.
    My son is 18 months and only uses his pacifier to sleep. I never let him use it aside from sleeping, even when he was a baby because i didnt want him to get used to it…plus I do know that the more often they use it, the harder it is to take away from them. I will know when the time is right to take it away from him completely.

3. kimmy says

Analise- what is that supposed to mean? Back up your blunt statements please. You make no sense. The reason I said what i said is because the longer the baby keeps his pacifier the harder it will be to take it away. Not to mention it ruins the development of their teeth over a long period of time. My understanding is that they were made for about the first 6 months and then they should be taken. But since you all seem to be experts, why don’t you educate me, not attack me……Analise.

4. Tia :) says

no 15 months is NOT too old…my little one is about the same age…she still uses her binky!

5. makenna says

goodness he is only 15 months i think it fine that he still suck on a binky kimmy do you have children its so hard for his age too get rid of it

6. Kimora and Kariah's Mommy says

Kids need comfort things all the time, especially when they have such an out of the ordinary schedule for children.