Tom Brady Hoping To Receive Some Time Off For The Birth Of His First Child

Tom Brady

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is hoping to receive some time off for the birth of his first child with former girlfriend Bridget Moynahan.

“I hope so,” Tom, 30, said Monday, noting that he’ll need the approval of coach Bill Belichick in the face of his team’s upcoming busy schedule.

“Bill has a lot to say,” Tom acknowledged, according to the Associated Press, “so we’ll deal with it when it happens.”

On Friday, Tom and his team are due to play Carolina in the third of four exhibition games, with the Patriots’ first regular season game slated for a September 9th kick-off against the New York Jets.

Tom declined on Monday to say whether Bridget will deliver their child before the Jets game. (Bridget and Tom broke up last December, before her pregnancy was announced.)

Tom – who is now dating Gisele Bündchen – is unaware when he’ll receive the call informing him he’s about to be a dad.

“I wish I did,” Tom said with a smile. “That’s God’s decision. The good lord is making that call. So I think everybody’s anxious. I’ll put it that way.”

When asked if he jumps every time the phone rings, he added, “It’s stuff that’s very private to me and it’s my family. I’m sure it won’t be hard to figure out when it happens.”

As for asking for personal time off, he said: “Certainly, a lot of people make sacrifices for their family, and I’m dealing with a certain situation, a very joyous, happy situation. And some people have dealt with death in the past and that’s incredibly difficult.”

Chimed in Coach Belichick: “[Personal situations] are all talked about and dealt with on an individual basis. It doesn’t matter who the player is. There are plenty that have come up through the course of the year. I’ll deal with them like I do all of them.”
Gosh! I should certainly hope that he could get some time off for the birth of his first child!

Comments

1. kimmy says

DMITZ- so…..if she got an abortion would that give you the right to judge? You are right that God is the only one that can judge, but your statement is a little contradicting and hypocritical.

2. DMITZ says

God is the only one that can judge, not you two. So what if the baby was born out of wedlock? Isn’t that better than aborting a baby out of irresponsibility?

3. Elsa says

Stephanie,
    Could NOT agree more. The whole story actually makes me ill… I’m not so “new age” to think it’s all cool. Sorry, you broke up w/ Bridget in DECEMBER and by the end of that month you’re with Giselle and she’s just “ok” with another woman having your baby? All sick if you ask me. Hopefully the baby will have a good life despite this.

4. Zbella says

I didn’t realize she was an actress – I thought she was a model too. So I googled her and she was in Coyote Ugly (terrible movie, but I watched it years ago) and the TV series 6 Degrees and Sex in the City, neither of which I’ve seen.

5. sara says

Can someone please fill me in on her??! I have no idea who she is ( what she does)…..just that she is his ex….?
    I assume she is some sort of actress?

6. Zbella says

#10 Stephanie, I noticed that too. Good luck to them all. He seems like a jerk, but she picked him. 😉

7. Stephanie says

finally the baby has come! i wish the best for Bridget

it so funny how tom talks about “God this” and the “lord that”, when his child is being born out of wedlock :-/

8. Jordyn says

She seemed pregnant forever! And she was HUGE. I bet the little boy was a good size! Congrats to them.

9. Nicki says

well congratulations to the Mom and Dad. Does anyone know the name they picked? The weight and lenght of thier new bundle of joy? I bet he was a good weight and at least 21 ” long. She was looking good, but full of a decent sized baby. I bet she will lose whatever she gained very soon, she was all belly. Best wishes to all of them.

10. Lurker says

Moderation..that’s a new one for me. Perhaps the webmistress doesn’t like it when you link to the story elsewhere. (She had the little boy today)

YEAH..I bet she did send her $1000 worth of stuff!

I would have taken it, but I wouldn’t believe what was behind that gesture! What I mean is that I wouldn’t think that she’ll be doing it out thr kindness of her heart!

I believe that she is scared now! The day is approching, and You will never know what emotions are exchanged in that birthing area! HAHAHAHA! I bet you that G. is going to want to go to the hospital with him!

12. Julie says

Oh I hope he’s there when the baby is born and is there as part of the baby’s life! Sounds like he’s planning on it! Yay!

13. yummy says

These 2 are boring. You should have run the story of how Gisele sent Bridget $1000 worth of baby goodies. One including a onesy(sp?) with the word “supermodel” on it. Now that’s good stuff.

14. today's the day! says

Looks like today is the day. Best wishes Bridget! Fingers crossed…I’ll be hoping for an epiphany from the jerk!