Gwen Stefani Anxious To Get Pregnant!

Gwen Stefani
Gwen Stefani

Calling herself “a geeky Orange County girl, a chola girl, a rasta girl and an English girl – all mixed together,” Gwen Stefani has no mixed feelings about one thing: producing a sibling for her 1-year-old son Kingston.

“Obviously I’m in a race to have another, but I don’t want to do it while on tour,” Gwen, 37, tells InStyle for its September issue (on sale Friday). “But I can’t wait to get pregnant again. It’s so fun and consuming and romantic.”

Being a mom already, she admits, means “I definitely don’t get enough sleep, but I’d rather spend time with him. I’ve got this extra-fun, amazing, little guy who just wants to hang out with me.”

Before she hits the stage while on tour, Gwen sings Kingston lullabies like “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” as he falls asleep. “But he sings a lot to himself,” she says. “He’s just getting into music. He does the whole head-bouncing thing.”

Kingston’s being musical should come as little surprise. His dad is Gwen’s husband, rocker Gavin Rossdale. “I love him so much,” Gwen says of Kingston. “He’s the best thing that has ever happened to me.”

Gavin, she also says, is “super into being a dad.” On his domestic prowess, Gwen says of her husband, “He’s a creative cook. He makes whatever I crave, even when nothing seems to be left in the fridge.”

And while Gwen may be in a rush to get pregnant again, there’s another aspect to life she wishes to put the brakes on: raunch.

“Everyone’s in such a rush to show they’re sexy,” she says. “Anyone can be sexy. We all have the same body parts. It’s pretty boring. Life’s not so short that you need to give it all away in five seconds. That was never my thing.”

1. Ash says

YAY Analise…I agree with you 100%. JJ is a complete and utter moron. JJ, you need to get off of your high-horse and stop being a narrow-minded fool. How can you comment that do not look forward to seeing another child from Gwen and that you can’t stand Kingston because he resembles his father?! First of all, I think Gwen seems like an wonderful mom and person. She’s a responsible celebrity who isn’t throwing away her talent on drugs and alcohol like so many other celebrities. And second of all, Gavin is gorgeous. Take off the beer goggles JJ and I strongly suggest you find a new job. You’re definitely not a happy person (as Analise said) and the only reason you know a lot of woman who don’t consider pregnancy romantic is because you hang out with people similar to your stupid self. I pity the poor man whose married to you…that’s if you’re married at all…

2. Natai Zap says

Gwen would be such a cool Mom she sings and dances and has a really fun husband.. She should have a lot of kids she seem to be a great Mom.

3. Analise says

JJ is a moron. She’s the type that has no happiness and can’t stand others who do. She’s on the internet because she has to be. She lives vicariously through people who have what she wants. She’ll never have a sexy man or gorgeous children. Dogs and cats probably flee from her and old people ready their canes when they see her coming. It’s no wonder when you walk around with a permanent scowl. She says she works with kids(funny as she claims to be a critic). The people who allow their children near her need to see this blog.

4. sue says

Kingston already has a sibling in Daisy Lowe, what you should of wrote was that Gwen wants another baby.

5. Tia says

JJ- I totally agree with Gwen 100% I LOVEDDD being pregnant! I can’t wait until I am again! Some people just have a better time then others do. I know my sister hated it…it just depends on the person

6. JJ says

#12…what if I do have children? what are you going to do about it? hmmmm? Miss high and mighty !! You know, it’s very different when they are your own kids…Perhaps it would interest you to know that I work with children…I’m around children all the time…maybe that is why I am so verbal about my thoughts and feelings on this blog…I know a lot more about kids than you might realize. So, in future don’t pre-judge people and make assumptions about them …you do not know me!

7. Kamineko says

Pretty Gwen + pretty Gavin= pretty Kingston!
    I would love to see a daughter. They seem to be nice, attentive, and loving parents. At least they are married, and not druggies! And yes, I do think pregnancy can be very romantic. Romantic and sexy are 2 different things. Although some ppl think pregnancy is also sexy. You go girl.

8. JJ says

Zbella dear,
    I enjoy checking people out – whether it’s fashion-related or family -related. I enjoy observing people and that is exactly what I do on this here site: OBSERVE & leave comments based on my observations…is that so difficult for you to comprehend?? I don’t necessarily have to be a Grade A fan of infants per se…it’s just interesting and amusing how people go about their life with their children. I should hope that I am allowed to make observations AND conclusions about what I see – whether they are positive or negative- and not be condemned or criticized…my opinions and comments should not be an issue because we are all different people and we all have different feelings, thoughts and ideas about the world…just because my thoughts and ideas don’t jive with yours doesn’t make be a bad person…I’m just different…thank god for differences in people!!!
    Feel free to leave your “lovely” and “positive” comments about the infants and children of the rich and famous…I’m not stopping you – so PLEASE don’t try and discourage me from voicing my opinion because that will just piss me off!! Thank you dear and enjoy your weekend!

9. Zbella says

Good luck to Gwen getting pregnant again. I am not a fan, but I wish any woman that joy if she desires it.

10. Zbella says

JJ – if you dislike pregnancy, babies and kids so much, why do you come here? You talk about how u.g.l.y newborns are. You can’t see how pregnancy is romantic and you complain about how toddlers make noise and are annoying. Fine. Then why do you look at these pictures?

11. apple*** says

know what JJ…..youre quite right that “not every person has the luxury of being as rich as Gwen” , being pregnant is streeful…..yes its true…..but if she would like to have another kids then why not…..for me its good to hear that….there are many celebrity moms whose very consious about their figure…..who would do anything not to get pregnant…but to Gwen as a mother she would do anything for her son…she take him wherever she went….and most especially nowadays…its very rare that a celebrity mom would have breast feeding..unlike Gwen

12. JJ says

In my opinion, it is idiotic to call pregnancy “romantic” there is NOTHING romantic about being pregnant. Gwen Stefani should get her head outta the clouds and stop fantasizing about pregnancy. I know a lot of woman who would call pregnancy many things (stressful, time-consuming, exhausting) but “romantic” would not be one of them.
    I do not look forward to seeing another child from her. I can’t stand Kingston. He looks like his father and Gavin is gross.
    Why must women romanticize about pregnancy ? Are they living in a fairy tale? Not every person has the luxury of being as rich as Gwen. I find her comments misleading and superficial.