Catherine Zeta-Jones Is Happy With Two Children

Catherine Zeta-Jones

(In the above family picture Dylan is 6 and Carys is 3)

Catherine Zeta-Jones is enjoying life with two kids – so how about having another?

“No,” Catherine, whose children with husband Michael Douglas are son Dylan, 7, and daughter Carys, 4, tells the U.K.’s Tatler magazine for its September issue. “I’d love to but my life is so hectic. I’m very happy with one of each.”

Having told People magazine last month that the best part of motherhood was hearing her kids say “Mama!,” Catherine, 37, tells the British publication, “They’re healthy, happy, funny … so I’m done.”

Married to Michael since 2000, the Chicago Oscar winner recalls being young and single – and experiencing a not-particularly auspicious introduction to looking after babies.

At age 17 she was living in London and appearing in a West End production of the musical 42nd Street.

“I had a room in a single mum’s house, with this baby. I’d never changed a diaper before and she asked me one morning if I could look after the baby and I was like, What? I’ve got rehearsals at 3, and I don’t know whether I can do it … don’t leave me alone with a child!”

Flash forward to now, and the story is very different.

“He is so cute,” Catherine says of son Dylan, who “loves to dress up as a pirate at the moment. From 7 o’clock in the morning to 7 at night. He’ll come in and I’ll think, ‘What are you wearing?’ ”

Daughter Carys is a girlie girl whose “approval” her mother seeks before leaving the house.

“On everything from my high heels to my jewelry,” Catherine explains with a laugh. “She will sit there in her tutu or a beautiful dress and critique my look, and then accessorize her own outfit, which she will wear to school.”

Carys and Dylan have seen their mother looking glamorous onscreen, such as in Zorro, but they’ve not their father’s films.

Says their mom: “They’re only 7 and 4, so I am not having them seeing their father’s films with Glenn Close and Sharon Stone just yet!”

Comments

1. Analise says

How many more times does she have to clarify this??? Granted the story keeps changing (Michael is the reason), but she’s made it clear no more kids. Let her alone.

2. Titanic girl says

Hi Nicki, I haven’t seen it yet but I am going this weekend.I think the guy she co- stars with is so cute.

3. Titanic girl says

Hi dori – yes Kate Winslet was in the blockbuster film, but Catherine was in the CBS Television miniseries. It received bad reviews! but I thought it was excellent for t.v.

4. dori says

I believe it was Kate Winslet in the Titanic not Catherine Zeta Jones.
    They have 2 great kids but I am confused…in an article publishes 2-3 weeks ago she said she wanted more kids. Just before the release of her movie ” No reservations.” She is a beautiful woman isn’t she?

5. Titanic girl says

You’re familiar if you love Titanic. Has anyone seen Catherine in it? She was extraordinary.

6. Andrea says

“bloke”?
    “slags”?
    You must be from the UK? Most Americans aren’t familiar with those terms.:-)

7. eminencegrise says

A friend of mine, she’s married to some Welsh bloke. And she swears, ‘All Welsh women are gold-digging slags.’ Is it true?

Scotsmen think that Geordie women are all slags, too.

Is it true?

Are they slags?

8. eminencegrise says

Well, she IS Welsh, after all.

She’s a long way from that coucil house in Mumbles.

And she’s a beautiful, ‘Black Welsh’.

Why continue and have more bairns?

She’s got it all.

9. Nicki says

Your welcome desiree~ I thought you would like it. It is precious, I love it.

Has anyone seen Catherines new movie? I saw it 2 weeks ago. I really liked it. My hubby liked it too. The girl from Little Miss Sunshine, Abagail Breslyn (?), she was very good in it too. Cute movie, I would recommend it.

Awwww Nicki that is the sweetest pic! Thank you 🙂 Webmistress, get the pic of Angie and Shiloh that Nicki got. That is so darn cute! Precious…Thanks again Nicki!

11. sara says

I KNOW I read somewhere recently she wanted another baby….3 total but he said 2 was enough…..am I just hallucinating?

12. aliciasweets85 says

I am so tired of hearing about her and her geriatric husband!
    Get over it.
    Her body is not “fabulous” (she has absolutely no a$$)
    and her career is a tad stagnate.
    WHO CARES already!

Cute 🙂

By the way, Celebrity Baby Blog has a pic of AJ and Shiloh, who is a wearing a blue dress! You can’t see it that properly but it’s still cute 🙂