Nicole Richie Confirms That She Is Four Months Pregnant!

Nicole Richie

Wow! I know that this was widely publicized in the past few weeks, but I didn’t believe it! I thought is was just a rumor!

In an exclusive television interview with ABC News’ Diane Sawyer, Nicole Richie confirms for the first time she is pregnant with Good Charlotte singer Joel Madden’s baby.

“Yes, I am. We are. I’m almost four months,” Richie told Sawyer.

Best Wishes!

1. N says

So What Carleigh…… Get off of your soapbox.

If you feel that you didnt say anything terrible then the comment was not directed towards you. You obviously feel guilty.

2. Miranda says

Oh..but…is she still having weight problems? I don’t think that’s very good for a little baby..But good luck though, i Like her. 🙂

3. Kamineko says

She must eat to keep this baby and herself healthy.It’s unfortunate that she must spend any time in jail right now.Not just because she is pregnant, but because she is so skinny AND pregnant. Also, I hope they get married before the baby arrives, that would be nice.

So when is this little twit going to start gaining weight for the sake of the baby, I get somad because I hear all the time about how women are so “happy” to be pregnant but are scared of getting fat….it is going to happen part of the deal, if they don’t want to gain weight, DON’T GET PREGNANT, and do not say anything about “oopps, it just happened” bull crud with all the education there is out there today there is no such thing as an accident, just selfishness!

5. Kara says

I’m really suprised she was able to get pregnant at all given her skeletal frame. I sure hope she starts eating to nourish that baby she is growing inside that tiny baby and doesn’t freak out about the extra weight pregnancy can add.

6. Zbella says

I also wish them the best. Nicole has her work cut out for her, but I have known people to change.

JJ – yet again, you offend. I was underweight according to the doctors. An ignorant midwife told me I would a) have a miscarriage b) have a preemie or c) have an underweight baby. Guess I had the last laugh when I gave birth to an 8 pounder – full term and as healthy as a horse!!!!! I have had 3 babies now – all healthy, full term babies over 7 1/2 pounds each. 🙂 I gained 30 pounds with all my pregnancies. So – give the girl a break and let her take care of herself.

7. Kate says

I wish her and Joel the best of luck! I don’t think any of us know Nicole enough (if at all) to judge what type of mother she will be. She does appear immature on TV, but then again, that is most likely acting for the show. Congrats to them!

8. carleigh says

N, I didn’t wish anything terrible in fact I said that I felt sorry for this child having a nutcase for a Mom. However, if something bad were to happen to this baby, it wouldn’t be from anyone “wishing” bad things, it would be from Nicole down pills, smoking pot, shooting up and NOT eating enough to nourish a bird! That’s why I feel that this poor child is doomed before he/she even has a decent chance at life…look at Nicole she’s not exactly the poster child for Mother of the Year.

I may not be the BEST Mom in the whole wide world but I do the very ultimate best job I can with my children and I’ve never been a drug addict and have DUI’s and a criminal record and a raging pill and heroin habit in my not so distant past….just pointing out that I know I’m not the best Mom in the world, but hell, who could be much worse than Nicole…maybe Britney??? At least from look at Sean and Jayden you KNOW they are eating well because they are both roly-poly little butterballs! I just hope that while it’s readily apparent that Nicole doesn’t eat much that she at least remembers that babies NEED nourishment!

9. N says

You ladies sound very bitter….everyone wishing terrible things. Yet you guys think your incredible moms. HILARIOUS…..

10. eminencegrise says

Let’s hope she’d been laying off the smack, Vicodin and booze when she conceived.

11. Team Jolie says

I really thought it was just the tabloids making up crap. But I guess this was one of the few times where they REALLY were right!!! But I hope she can put on atleast a little weight for the baby’s sake…..

12. phnxgirl says

I thought I read somewhere that Hillary broke up with Joel. Either way I am sure she is totally shocked that he is having a baby with someone. I agree with most comments, Nicole is in no way ready to be a mom. Certainly seems to be a trend of pregnancy before marriage. NOT saying it is bad, I have three friends who got pregnant before marriage, but it just seems in Hollywood everyone is doing it!

13. JJ says

I can’t believe that an underweight woman like Nicole was able to conceive. I find that disgusting! Her child will be probably underweight and/or a ‘preemie’ in an incubator. Nicole will resemble a starving child from Ethiopia with a swollen belly by the time she is 6 or 7 months preggers.

14. Pam says

I was surprised it took this long for people to believe it. I read it on baby blog in the middle of June and I trust them. I guess I thought everyone knew it was true also? haha guess not.

15. Angie_in_Arkansas says

I think she’s already gotten her “comeback” chance and she screwed it up rather quickly. People like her can put on all the makeup and fancy clothes they want but it’s apparent how much she is hurting on the inside when her comeback turned into just another let down to whatever fans she has or people pulling for her. She needs REAL help, not some glam rehab clinic in the hills. I’ve never been to jail so I don’t know what it’s like…just hope it does the trick and she can have a few REAL days to herself to reflect, contemplate, etc..

Did all these little starlets get together and decide it was gonna be the cool thing to go to jail?? Seems like young Hollywood is out of control…of course no one would ever blame the parents…that would mean they’d have to put down the wads of cash that their children make for them and look at themselves. Sickens me to no end. Blah…………..:( Lionel Ritchie seems so unaffected by his daughter’s actions whenever he’s he would rather be somewhere else, talking about his latest crappy album or how much he has to shell out in alimony payments to his most recent ex wife.

I feel sorry for the baby, she is a nutcase to me and I think Joel was nuts to want her instead of sweet Hillary!

Lionel will be estastic with this grandbaby but don’t care for Nicole at all! I agree with Carleigh 100%!!!!! And chinny too!

17. Denise says

She is only going to serve 4 days not 4 years.

Hopefully this baby will make her grow up – Best of luck!

18. chinny says

one thing i still can’t wrap my head around is the fact that Joel left sweet Hilary for her… er, them? Now i haven’t met the baby yet so, whose I to judge, but Nicole doesn’t exactilly have the best track record. At least its nice to see him all cleaned up (obviously duff’s doings). Maybe he’ll raise the baby right while she cries over the orange jump suite!!

19. Wow says

The world is coming to an end. Even those that should never be blessed with children are having them. Such a shame the child is already doomed from the start.

20. carleigh says

Oh that poor child!!!!!!!! This girl is a complete flake….another Britney story in the making perhaps…and I really honestly hope she proves me wrong but she’s a former heroin addict, pill popper and closet alcoholic! I feel sorry for this poor little baby already! She’s a nut job big time!

21. Elsa says

Pulled herself together? She is going to JAIL for a DUI she committed in DECEMBER of last year. Yeah, great Mom material there….

22. Deenah says

She should ask some of her friends what its like to have babies only the ones that have already had babies or are getting a baby like Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera for example. For some of you that don’t know Christina is pregnant.

23. Kit kat says

Finally! I have been waiting for something to be posted about her for months! Im not her biggest fan but still Congrats Nicole and Joel!

24. Lauren says

Yay! I love Nicole. She may act immature on The Simple Life but that’s just for the show. She seems to have really pulled it together.

25. Sexy Black woman says

yeahhhh! I love her! I don’t think that she is no where near Lindsay lohan status! GO JOELCOLE!

26. DMITZ says

Congrats, I hope she is ready for this. Based off her personality on The Simple Life, she seems very immature, but maybe that’s just for show. I believed this rumor when I first heard it.

27. dori #1 says

She really looks good now. I’m glad to see she’s pulled herself together and it looks like she’s put some weight on. I wish them the best.