Naomi Watts & Liev Schreiber Welcome A Son!

Naomi Watts

UPDATE: They welcomed a son and have named him Alexander Peter Schreiber! He was born at 3:59 p.m. in Los Angeles, weighs 8 lbs., 4 oz, and is 22.5 inches long, according to a rep for Naomi.

Life & Style reports the exciting news:

Naomi Watts delivered a healthy baby in Los Angeles early Thursday morning, July 26th, an insider tells Life & Style exclusively! According to the insider, the arrival was slightly ahead of schedule.

“Naomi was planning on giving birth next week– her due date was early August — but since she insisted on delivering naturally, she knew there was a chance she would have the baby before the due date. That’s what wound up happening.”

The insider says mother, child and the baby’s father, Naomi’s longtime love Liev Schreiber, are resting comfortably at a hospital near Naomi’s Brentwood, Calif., estate.

The couple is keeping quiet about the sex of their baby, which the insider says even they didn’t know until the child’s birth. Says the insider: “This is a dream come true for both of them and they’ve done everything in their power to make it as special as possible, right down to staying in the dark about the baby’s sex right up until Naomi gave birth.”

Congratulations! Can’t wait to hear if it’s a boy or a girl and what name they’ve chosen!

1. obnoxious spice says

hooray!! an end to what seemed like the world’s loooongest pregnancy!!
    congrats to them both – and HURRY UP with the pics of their son!!! can’t wait!!

2. Xenafan96 says

LOL-that is too cool! I am so happy for them, and esp for Naomi. She seemed so enormous and these last couple of weeks must have been long for her with all the baby belly. If I was her, the first thing I would do is sleep on my tummy for 48-72 hours straight!!

3. Daily Jones says

4. Kit kat says

omg finally! i was sick of seeing pixs of her! i just wanted her to have the baby! Actually that baby wasnt so big i was 8 lbs 15 oz and im fine. Nad my sister was 11 lbs 2oz! Shes soo skinny now! Well congrats Naomi! Hope your happy! 🙂

5. DMITZ says

Actually it’s not so bad. My daughter was born 9lbs 11oz (22 3/4″ long) and I don’t remember anything bad about it. Believe it or not, she is right along w/the other 14 mo old and not any bigger/taller than other babies her age. She was actually underweight when I would take her for her well checks, but now she has caught up!

Just felt like sharing that…

6. Pika says

Finally….It seemed like she was pregnant forever because she was photographed so often. Good for the new family!

7. onatear says

Oh, This makes my day! I am so happy for all 3 of them! Congratulations! Finally! (He is a very big baby at 22+inches…wow, and ouch)

8. Julie says

I think we can all breath a collective sigh of relief for her! Congratulations! That boy is a biggun!!!!!

22.5 inches! Wow, that is a long baby! No wonder she was so big. Anyway…he is going to be tall…and I love the name Alexander. Congrats to Liev and Naomi!

Yay!!! Lol. It’s about time. I must say that she choose a name that I thought most celebrities would not. Love it, and can’t wait to see pics of this little guy! Best wishes to this family.

11. Lurker says

First off, I’m glad to hear she’s finally popped..she has looked ready for ages. So congratulations to them!

And secondly, I’m so glad to hear they gave him a nice, NORMAL congrats for that too!
    It shows that maybe there ARE celebrities that care about the kind of name their babies are going to have to live with!!

But I had read that Liev hated his name–so maybe he was keeping that in mind when they named their little man! 😉

12. Courtney says

Well, you guys were close, his name is Alexander Pete
    Alexander, Liev’s grandfather, and Pete, after Naomi’s father Peter.
    Congrats, I was wondering when she was gonna pop!

13. dori says

now that I have revealed way too much of who I am I can no longer blog here under my own name so from now on if you see the name dori it won’t be me. I’ll come back in a couple days but it won’t be undder my own name anymore thanks to Miapocca/shequida/shadow girl/daily jones/eddie

14. Miapocca says

Congratulations…wishing them the best of life with their little boy..seems like the trend is set for a bunch of little boys to come!!!

15. carleigh says

Wow, for once a normal, nice, sane name for a little boy! How sweet that is! Can’t wait to see pictures! God bless their baby boy and bring them much happiness!

16. Nicki says

Congratulations to the family. It says she was a week away from her due date, but she has looked ready to pop for awhile now. Best wishes to the Watts-Schreiber family.

17. M.J. says

Alexander Peter arrived at 3:59 pm yesterday, weighing in at 8 lbs, 4 oz, and is 22 1/2 inches long. A rep says,

18. Daily Jones says

she look like she was about to burst! Thank God!