Julia Roberts With Newborn Henry & Hazel

Julia Roberts

Less than two weeks after giving birth to son Henry, Julia Roberts was snapped taking him out for a stroll in LA with his big siblings, 2-year-old twins Hazel and Phinnaeus (not pictured) on June 29th.

Julia looks so happy!

Comments

1. Analise says

All babies are supposed to pass the car seat challenge. Not just preemies.
    If your hospital isn’t doing that, they are acting incorrectly. This has become widespread.

2. samantha says

I agree with not carrying a baby like a sack of potatoes!

Probably these celebs cover baby with the sling when the paparazzi show up, the rest of the time they can see them & know they are safe and secure.

We do see a lot of celebs wearing their babies wrong, I’m personally just glad they are wearing them. Being attached to your baby has a lot to do, but not all, to do with being close. I’m happy to see moms realizing the benefits that the rest of the world has known for hundreds of years. Keeping a baby close is good for everyone, but it helps to look at them!

I certainly hope the new baby is cuter than the twins! And Danny looks like a bum most of the time too.

4. Zbella says

Once you find the right sling, they are not uncomfortable. I didn’t like the Baby Bjorn, but I love my Ultimate Baby Wrap, in which you can cradle a newborn or carry a toddler. I carry my infant in it all the time and she gets plenty of oxygen. 😉 I always carry my kids on my hip anyway so this allows me to have 1 or 2 hands free to do other things.

It’s true as newborns they are not noticable. I had my son in a sling like the one Julia is wearing and people wouldn’t even realize I had a baby!

I admit I prefer slings or simply holding a child to a carseat or stroller. But that fits my personality – to each her own!

5. Tracy says

Hazel looks a bit like a boy here, even with the long hair….Maybe it has something to do with the hat and clothes she has on…

6. Anne says

Samantha, I have to disagree with your response and stay with my opinion. A baby’s head is bent down and the body curled in an abnormal position. Just because it is done in other countries does not make it proper/comfortable for the baby. The baby knows its mother once it is out of the womb by the mom’s body scent. I never carried my son like a sack of potatoes as I made sure he was comfortable and able to see me and I nursed him and he never cried when I carried him. Don’t believe everything you read because news generally changes eventually and some other idea surfaces that is best for babies

7. samantha says

“I can never understand why mothers carry their newborns in those horrible uncomfortable slings!! The babies are never noticeable and probably need oxygen to breathe along with their bodies aligned improperly. ”

Actually, its way better than carrying them around in carseats or careseat/stroller combos! Its been documented that there is less oxygen going to a newborns brain in a carseat, that’s why preemies have to pass the carseat test before they can go home. Slings keep a baby close to mom, hearing her heartbeat & reminding baby of being in utero. Both mom and baby are happier, baby can nurse more often, mom can be more aware of the baby’s early cues and feed him before he is screaming. If you venture out of the US, the entire rest of the world slings their babies because its instinctive and normal. I don’t understand how anyone can not understand carrying a baby in a sling, hands free and close to baby! Not bonking themselves in the knee with a ridiculous bucket carseat.

8. Anne says

9. Miranda says

Hazel looks a lot like her mommy 🙂 Hazel and Finn are cuties, and I’m sure Henry is too.I sort of like the name Hazel, don’t know why.