New Mom Jaime Pressly Speaks Candidly Of Pregnancy & Adoption

Jaime Pressly

My name Is Earl actress Jaime Pressly recently opened up about pregnancy and adoption very candidly!

Jaime said: “As a new mom I’m supposed to go on about how wonderful it was to be pregnant.”

“Well, I don’t buy into that. The truth is that I love my baby to bits, but the rest of it sucked. Pregnancy was the biggest killer for me. I hated it – I hated being fat.”

“My hormones were all over the place and I acted like some lunatic, picking fights with my boyfriend over how he made my coffee.”

“On top of that I had this hideous ‘pregnancy mask’ skin discolouration which completely covered my face.”

“You can normally use creams to disguise it, but not when you’re pregnant, so I had to walk around looking like I was horribly disfigured. This may sound arrogant, but I’m used to looking hot. I just wanted to cry all the time.”

And of adoption she had the following to say:

“Some women just skip having babies or adopt because they don’t want to get fat or they haven’t put in the time to find a partner. It’s great to adopt, but a lot of adoptions are motivated by vanity and laziness.”

1. Jenna M. (U.K.) says

Holly G.! Glad you finally made another post lol. I read your posts on the Sheryl Crow thread and followed your blog for a while until I lost the site’s adress. I’ve been hoping you would leave another post with your blog link so I could see if you’ve taken your son home yet.

Anyway, just wanted to say you have two beautiful kids and I hope you get to bring the little one home soon.

Oh I nearly forgot, Jaime Pressly sounds like a bit of an idiot.

2. stella says

Being pregnant is no walk in the park, but it’s not that awfull either, sorry!! vain the little lady…

3. sally says

She was obviously talking about Hollywood adoptions…not us pions =) Calm down. Pregnancy is not beautiful..the end result is- but come one people…pregnancy is only good for that short time in the middle when you get all the attention and you are still comfortable-if you’re lucky to get that even.

PS to #17…when you DO plan to proceed with adoption DO NOT tell your social worker that you want to save a child because she WILL NOT approve you if you say this. They don’t want anyone adopting for the reason of “saving” children. To be quite frank I’m glad I went through everything that I did(five IVF’s and three m/c’s) because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t have my two wonderful adopted kids.

When you do adopt you will find out, quite to the contrary, that your kids saved you and not the other way around.

I agree with Renee and I have one gorgeous non-Caucasian adopted little girl and we are currently waiting to bring her bio-brother home. Adoption IS a beautiful thing.

6. renee says

i don’t think she was talking about “regular people” who adopt; i think she was talking about these hollywood types who adopt because they don’t want to wait to get married, etc… it IS unusual how quickly the hollywood celebs get thru the adoption process and i’m sure it’s no stretch to say that some of these hollywood women are quite vain and do not want to lose their figures to a pregnancy.

don’t freak out; i’m sure she wasn’t talking about any of you. (and yes, i have adopted, so don’t freak out at me either)

7. JOJO says

I can’t believe that she would say that!!! I am 25 and have been married now for a year and a half and my husband and I found out that we could not have children a year ago. I am planning to adopt because I want to be a mother and I want to save a child. I would do anything to be able to have my own children. Some people do not realize how good they have it!

8. minkysmom says

well, the child is kind of silly. but I think that when you take Katharine Heigl’s comments and match them against what Jaime said about vanity and laziness, I think that it’s true in that case.

9. Brittany says

I don’t think that her comments are ignorant…there are plenty of women out there who do not like pregnancy, I didn’t like it, but it isn’t going to keep me from having another baby. She is being honest, why should we fault her for that? There are probably more women out there who feel the same way, but are too afraid to say so for fear of being judged. As far as the adoption comments, she didn’t say “all women” or even “most women”…she said “some women”. I disagree with her comment about A LOT of adoptions being motivated by vanity or laziness, but can we really say that it doesn’t happen from time to time? We all have the right to our own opinions, as we all have made quite evident in our opinions of her remarks. I don’t find them offensive at all.

10. Lauren says

I always liked Jamie Pressly but after reading those ignorant comments I don’t like her that much anymore. It’s extremely rude to say things like that. 🙁

11. Donna says

What an ignorant thing to say! People adopt for all kinds of reasons. And as someone who has had bio kids and adopted, I can tell you that both ways of adding children to your family have challenges. Neither one is easier than the other.

She really has no clue what she’s talking about (big surprise!)

12. Jana says

I invite anyone who thinks that to try adoption. It has its challenges,just like childbirth. It’s certainly not an easy way out.
    I sure hope those remarks were driven by her raging hormones. Because if they are not …. well!

I adopted my first 2 kids and it was definately not because of vanity or laziness. What a stupid comment. I never liked her, and I’m not just saying this now. She always seemed stuck up to me and I never thought she was even attractive, let alone beautiful. Her comment here has greatly increased my dislike for her.

14. Zbella says

I care. I plan to adopt and it’s NOT for vanity. Dumb comment. I also went through pregnancy (3 miserable ones) so I was nodding my head at first, but ouch! Maybe she is suffering from PPD. She didn’t look amazing while pregnant like Keri Russell or Bridget Moynahan, but it’s not a beauty contest, after all.

15. Essie says

Poor Jaime is being totally roasted on other sites!!! I started to feel sorry for her.

She has a right to her opinion but she sounds very insensitive to those women who cannot have a biological child and choose to adopt or to those women who choose not to have babies because they don’t want them.

I’ve never thought she was pretty and she for sure is nowhere near the “hot” range. But, as long as she thinks highly of herself, good for her.

16. dori says

I’m kinds of put off by her adoption comment. That was a not a good public statement. She plays a dumb blonde maybe it’s not a stretch for her.

17. grubgal says

“healthy Caucasian baby”….hmm…so you wouldn’t consider adopting any other baby? wow, the people on this site really are racist.

And yes, Jaime is hot. But I don’t know what she is talking about because all the pics I’ve seen of her when she was preggers, she looked just as beautiful as normal.

18. carleigh says

I thought she was pretty but damn she sure thinks highly of herself and she’s NOT all that. She’s attractive but she is by no means the most beautiful woman alive. I didn’t like her comments about hotness, sounds very conceited and she sounds like the person with vanity issues, not the other Hollywood women she’s referring to. She needs to get a clue and watch what she says in interviews because I’ve got a distinct feeling this interview didn’t do much to impress her “fans”..but then again she might be her own fan club so who’s to say she wasn’t just talking to here herself speak. I just don’t really care for her comments and she sure doesn’t impress me much.

19. D'Anna says

Yeah, a lot of HOLLYWOOD adoptions are motivated by laziness and vanity. (Looks around)

I know a lady that was infertile for 8 years, badly wanted kids and only went the route of having fertility treatments because the insurance agency covered those and not adoption.

The last I checked, for us “everyday people” the waiting list for a healthy Caucasian baby was about 10 years.

20. DMITZ says

I knew I didn’t like this girl for a reason. I can’t believe she would say something like that? Who cares if your body goes thru all that, it’s for the best reason in the world! And sorry, I don’t think she’s that pretty, and definetely NOT hot.

Let’s try women who adopt babies either can’t conceive or realize their time is limited and would like to mother a child. And for the ones that still have time or are with people, kudos to them for helping a parentless child.

I have no respect for this girl anymore.