How Corey Feldman's Son Cured His Depression

Corey Feldman

Corey Feldman

People magazine reports:

With his tumultuous past behind him, Corey Feldman is settling into his new role as loving husband, doting dad – and reality TV star.

Fatherhood is “a reason to smile every day, that’s what it is,” says Corey, 35, whose new reality show with Corey Haim, The Two Coreys, premieres July 29th on A&E.

“Whereas I used to get depressed or neurotic or dwell on things, I see my son’s bright eyes and smile in the morning, and suddenly, I don’t feel like I’m depressed anymore. There’s nothing to be depressed about when you’ve got that.”

Corey and his wife, Susie, married in October 2002 on the set of VH1’s The Surreal Life. They have one son, Zen Scott, 2.

Asked whether they want more kids, Corey says: “My whole theory is, do it right the first time. Make sure it works, and if you get through that period, you did well and won points, then you can think about a new addition. I think we’re good.”

Corey, who has married twice, adds that his romance with Susie is still going strong: “Six years together and we’re still in love!”

The Two Coreys reunites Corey Feldman and Corey Haim, both former ’80s teen idols who costarred in movies such as The Lost Boys, License to Drive and Dream a Little Dream. It’s Corey Haim’s first venture into reality TV and Corey Feldman’s second (after The Surreal Life).

“It’s loosely based in reality,” Corey says. “In the show, Susie and I don’t have a son, although in actuality we do. That’s one of those things that we opted to keep out of it because we don’t really want to expose him to that kind of madness. It would just be out of line.”

Corey Feldman says Corey Haim, 35, who battled substance abuse for years but has been sober since 2004, has lost weight and is feeling healthy. “He’s done a great job getting himself in shape,” Corey Feldman says. “He lost 150 pounds, cleaned up his act and is doing better than ever. I’m very excited to see the opportunities that arise for him. He’s doing great.”

Comments

1. katelynn says

i’ve loved corey feldman since i was 7 & im 17 now!

I love the show and watch it every week!

love you corey,

your son is beautiful and so are you!

but your wife on the other hand……….

2. Paulette Lavender says

give me a break. Corey Feldman blew back then and he blows even harder now! His reality show sucks. Two washed up has beens, same story line, very predictabale that Haim will always butt in when Feldman and his wife want to get their screw on. *Big Yawn* And man Susie’s voice on the show is so annoying. Sounds like she has smoked a pack a day since she was born! She aint even that attractive once you get past the huge gazonga’s!! This show blows and I am tired of hearing about two has beens and one wanna be!!

3. kimmy says

Oh my gosh- hands down, cutest boy in hollywood. Look at those little red lips and beautiful blue eyes. I could eat him up!!

4. Jenn says

Just go to Celeb Baby Blog, that’s where I go. They actually have a staff and update daily. I have been reading that site for 3 years, but liked the community at Babyrazzi more, but sadly I have been going elsewhere more often because this site is always last to have news…I leave comments on here all the time but never get a response. It’s too bad cos I really liked coming here everyday! I wish webmistress listened to her readers…

5. H says

I agree with 17… you can get more baby updates from perez, justjared, or even the superficial… COME ON!!!

6. shake it fast watch yourself says

FOR THE LOVE OF NANCY GRACE! PLEASE REMOVE COREY FELDMAN FROM BABY RAZZI IT IS BLINDING ME!! OH I’D ALSO LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUTOUT TO MY MAIN SQUEEZE PATEY POO! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE GIRL!! LOVE YA MEAN IT! NOW AN EXERPT FROM MYSTICAL THE RAPPER: “SHAKE IT FAST, WATCH YO SELF, SHAKE IT FAST, SHOW ME WHAT U WORKIN WITH”

7. dori says

the little boy is so cute…. but who does he look like?
    Is it me or do the two adults look pasty white to you? Is it the lighting?

8. Jordyn says

YAWN!! Im so bored with this website. I dont know why I keep coming back…maybe the webmistress-person should let us know when there will be a looong hiatus. Or…better yet, get a sub. Suri is probably reading writing and riding a bike by now.

9. Onesam22 says

I am so excited about their new show! I was a big fan of the Corey’s in the 1980’s and it’s great to hear something GOOD about them instead of something bad!

10. Libraesque says

hahahahahaha, this headline sounds like his kid had depression and cured it. I clicked and saw this baby and I thought WHAT???!!!

anyhoo, that kid sure is cute, beautiful eyes

11. Jan says

They are a cute family….is it just me or does his wife look like Natasha Wagner, the daughter of Natalie Wood. They look very similar. At first I actually thought it was here in the pic with Corey.

12. Sarah says

Glad to see that he is finally doing better. Corey has always had the potential to do great things in his career. Hopefully, this will be a stepping stone to that. His son certainly is his “mini-me”! Cute boy!