Usher & Fiancée Expecting A Child

Just a week after his fiancée hinted that children could be in their future, Usher and Tameka Foster have announced that they’re expecting their first child, due in the fall.

“We are extremely excited at this point in our lives planning our wedding and the joy that comes with expecting our first child together,” the couple said in a statement released to the Associated Press Wednesday.

“We hope people will be happy for us and respect our privacy during this happy period in our lives.”

Usher, 28, and Tameka, 36, first became serious a year and a half ago, she told last week. “What people don’t realize is that Usher and I were friends for nearly seven years and I worked as his personal stylist for five years,” she said. “I was the only female friend he felt he could talk to.”

When asked whether she was pregnant, Tameka said: “Yes, I do plan to have children with Usher. This is the man I love and plan to spend the rest of my life with, so why wouldn’t I want to share that bond of bringing another life into this world with him?”

This will be the fourth child for Tameka.

Best Wishes!

1. Jodie says

i read that their wedding which was meant to be saturday has been cancelled. i wonder if this means they have split?
    she sure is a rough old dog. he’s too good for her imo.

2. sharnika says

congratulations, but when i saw that pic i thought it was usher and like his mother or aunt or someone shes not very pretty you could do better no offence!
    i love usher just sad his now taken i thought hed wait till i was at the legal age lol awwwwwwwwww

I wonder if the apartments are expensive on Santa Monica in West Hollywood? They did have a lot of restaurants there, I liked Astroburger when I was there.

4. Libraesque says

sorry Martha, a “mo” means a hoMOsexual. when I lived in west hollywood we called santa monica MoMO Blvd, cuz of all the gay boys.
    It’s a gay thing

5. Martha says

Libraesque can you please dumben that down for me? Sorry, I’m not sure what that means. I’m not trying to be sarcastic, I genuinely don’t know.

6. Libraesque says

my co-worker says it’s well known in the industry that usher is a “big ol’ mo” (his words)

7. Anzhelika says

i dont believe it..couldnt he find younger woman? she looks like is awful..

8. M`i`a`p`o`c`c`a says

What a hot mess…
    Black Magis = some kind of Vodooo ….

Folks are still leaving offerings at the grave of Marie Laveau in Nawlins..

No offense to any vodoo followers here, but I beleive is some tough magic to be reckones with !

9. Analise says

Who cares. Yeah she needs more kids. Great name, too. Tameka. I can’t wait til they name this kid. He sucks.

10. Jodie says

oh my godness.

looks like a bloke in drag.

usher could do so much better!

she sounds like a gold digger. And on her 4th child, mmm…..

doesn’t sound good

11. phnxgirl says

Man, I’m 36! I hope people don’t think I look “old”! 😉 But next to him, she definately looks older. I mean there is an 8 year age difference.

he doesn’t have any other children! That was just a song!
    This is his first child! This is Man-eka’s fourth! She is trash…at it’s finest! I just hope that he get’s his mother back in his life…before it’s to late! I know his mother skin is crawling. I’m telling you, she did that on purpose!
    Have you guys ever heard of Black Magic? I’m telling you southern women def. use it! Maybe she did one of those numbers on him! PURE EVIL! I pray that this young man get a pre-nup! Get smart..use your head….not just your D.i.c.k. head! This is his first…Ladies! There goes half of his fan base!

13. Tam says

So he has 1 child he doesn’t see alot.

The R’n’B singer split with the TLC beauty two months ago after she found out he’d cheated on her with a fan with whom he allegedly had a love child.

Now Usher has revealed he regrets what he did and believes he will never find that kind of love again.

He told Britain’s The Sun newspaper: “I know I hurt her, I know she hates me. I regret what happened. I don’t know if I’ll ever feel for a woman again like I did for her. I thought I had found my wife. My love was true and deep. But life goes on. These things make us the men we are.”

Yesterday (18.03.04), it was claimed that Usher has a secret love child after an affair with a fan.

According to The Sun, Usher pours his heart out about the secret child on his new album in a song called ‘Confessions Part II’.

he says matter of factly, “that I have an illegitimate child alive [as the lyrics to the title song on his CD suggest], and l can say I didn’t get a woman pregnant when I was dating Chilli.”

14. Tam says

I’m confused, this isn’t ushers 1st child is it? Because in his “confessions” album song that he wrote his ex gf chilli from tlc he wrote “i had an affair and shes pregnant with my child and it isn’t you… ” um….. i think he had a baby with a girl he was cheating on his ex with.

15. Jackie says

She’s no prize and I smell a trap for money- no good I am normally not one to rain on anyones parade but this doesn’t sound good.

Only time will tell…

16. Tiffany says

I thought that was Ushers mom at first. She looks really old. Too old for him….
    I know nothing about this woman but from what you all have said I would be worried if I were Usher. I am sure that there will be some iron clad paperwork drawn up before the wedding.
    I do think she looks rather smug though. She has that “my poo does’nt stink” look about her.

17. annie C. says

she probably said this to her ex also.
    Usher can do better, congrats to him.

18. Fan says

Donot like her.Believe she is just trying to trap him and to tighten her hold on him.Sorry,but cannot congratulate them.

19. Sandra says

#2 I was thinking that as I read the article on People’s website. I was also thinking is it the new rage in Hollywood to get pregnant with the engagement ring? I just don’t understand it and it is not the greatest message to send out. Congrats to Usher!

20. Lauren says

I love Usher!! Congratulations. I hope the marriage works out for the sake of the children involved.

21. WTF says

I don’t know how many Usher fan are out there, but let me tell you something….I am a Usher fan!
    Alot of you might say congrats to them, but this woman trapped this young man, into this relationship! She has been around the corner twice! If you understand what i am saying! Tameka, had a husband with 3 children, and she left them to be with a star…because he had money! It is a set up…..I can see, smell, and feel it! I AM NOT ALONE IN BELIEVING THIS THEORY! I WILL CONGRADULATE USHER, BECAUSE IT IS HIS FIRST! Also, she fired his mother as his manger….how on the lord’s greenery are you going to do that? GAWWWD it’s like she has his balls…tight! Good luck….get a pre-nup