Trista & Ryan's Baby Joy!

Trista Sutter

The Sutters, who now live in Vail, Colorado, are expecting their first child, due August 23rd. “It took us a long time to get pregnant so it makes it that much sweeter,” Trista tells Usmagazine.com. “It’s my dream to be a mom.”

Trista Sutter
Trista’s friends must have had a hard time shopping for her shower at the Beaver Creek Resort…she and Ryan don’t know the baby’s sex yet! “I’m a huge planner…but even more so I’m a fan of surprises, so my love of surprises outweighed it,” Trista explains. “For the first one for us, we just want a healthy baby.”

Trista Sutter

Trista kept her guests busy decorating tanks from the Hot Moms Club and designing scrapbook pages for the baby. She tells Us her favorite part of being pregnant is when the baby kicks. “I’m a worry-wart by nature and when it kicks, especially in the morning and before I go to bed, I think ‘Good, you’re in there and you’re ok.'”

Trista Sutter

Trista had 30 guests at her shower, who generously took care of all her baby’s needs. Which is a good thing, because Trista hasn’t really done any shopping yet! “Because we don’t know the sex it’s not like I’m seeing cute little girls and boy clothes and feeling like I have to have it,” Trista says.

Trista Sutter

The mommy-to-be made sure her friends had something to take home as well, putting together gift bags for everyone including makeup, a wrap dress and Tacori necklaces. As the big day draws closer, Trista says she’s not worrying about any specific birthing plan. “My doctor said if the baby is big because I’m so small, she’ll have to give me a c-section.”

Trista is so cute and glowy! And her dress is absolutely stunning!

Comments

1. Meka says

I agree with the nurse. It does depend on your pelvic bone. Why have someone push for 10 hours and then say oh you need to have a c-section. My co-worker is having a c-section and I am happy for her that her physician would take the time to consider the well being of her and her unborn child.

2. Jen says

I love these two, of all the bachelors and bachelorettes, they are the best. I’m so happy to see they are given one of the greatest gift anyone can be given, finally. As far as birth goes, I have 5 kids including 1yr old twins. I delivered all of them natural except the twins because the presenting one was breech. My 1st was 9lbs, second was 7lbs8oz, and 3rd 8lbs10oz, and my 3rd was actually my hardest natural labor. I have to say, I totally would rather go natural. My body was made to have babies, although I did not work in L&D, they knew me quite well and I did lots of research throughout all my pregnancies. I am not a small person, and I do know plenty of small people who have been told even before they were pregnant that their pelvic bones probably wouldn’t allow them to have a natural birth. While I don’t neccisarily agree with c-section right from the get go, I think every woman, unless there is an emergency, should atleast get a taste of natural labor.

3. diana says

Who cares who did what in the delivery of their child/children?!?! All bodies are different, so-be-it if someone needs a c-section, whether they are big or small. Not that anyone cares, but I am normal height, normal weight and I was in labor for 22 hours before I was told they had to take my first one…10 lbs, 9.5 ounces. My doc said the second ones are usually bigger…so I planned that C…and she popped out 11.3………Who cares if she needs a C or not, why does everyone find something to bitch about!!! Be happy….GAWD!!!

4. diana says

5. Celeste says

For those that say, I am small and I had mine naturally.
    I have 2 friends that are sisters.
    One is a size 18 and the other is a size 0.
    When the one that is a size 18 went into labor to have her son she had to have a C-section because her PELVIC bone was too small for him to come out.
    Her sister that is a size 0 had both her girls naturally. It does not have anything to do with your size, but to do with how big your pelvic bone is and if it is large enough for the baby to come through.
    I am happy for them both, I have followed them since the show and wish they all the best.
    Hope to see pics when he/she is born.

6. carolyn says

i just want to say congadulations becoming new parents it’s a wonderful process to go through and i’m happy you want to be suprised by the baby being a boy or girl that’s what makes being pregnant is all about the anticipation of a new and healthy life good luck sounds to me you have a wonderful caring doctor hang in there it’s almost over!!!!

7. JJ says

No thanks – I don’t want to see her giving birth on national TV. You know, some things should just be shared between the husband and wife – not the whole world. We’ve seen and heard enough about people’s lives on television and there comes a time when enough is enough!!

8. sara says

Well, she got paid plenty for all those baby shower pixs!
    She is good a PR (her major right?). I wish them the best…they’ve been waiting awhile for a baby. Maybe we’ll see the birth on film like we did the engagement, wedding, new house, etc….

9. sally says

i can’t stand when women feel like they have to begin or end a sentence with ‘because i’m so tiny, or becuause i’m so small, or because i’m so skinny’

10. JJ says

I’m Canadian and I am pro C-section. In fact, C-section is the way I plan to go regardless of the size of the baby. I just want the whole ordeal over with fast. Call me lazy…I hate pain and suffering!!

11. JJ says

This chick bugs me – i can’t stand her!

Baby showers are so cheesy. I hate baby showers!! Who cares about a bunch of women acting silly and sitting around cooing over baby clothes…how tacky!!

12. Tia says

all I have to say is my mother is 5’4 and she delivered my brother, 10 lb 6oz …vag. …she’s my hero…lol

#16, thats not totally true, im sure it might be that way for some people, but my mom had the worst time with my sister…her fourth!

Im 5’5 my daughter was a little peaunt 6 lb 6 oz 🙂

I must say though, i do not agree with #11. There are times when a c-setion MUST be done. I’v worked with this stuff ( im an L&D nurse) and im sorry, but sometimes the body can do or take so much.

13. .... says

Also it is different when it is your first. You have to work like heck to get them out, usually the 2nd, 3rd, 10th walk out because the first has already paved the way.

14. Zbella says

I chuckled. I’m 5-3, 97 pounds pre-preg and gave birth to 3 children vaginally. One of my best friends is the same size and also had 3 vaginal deliveries. She is actually shorter and has very narrow hips – mine however are nice a wide by the end of 9 months. My heaviest was my first: 8 pounds. Her heaviest was her last: 9 1/2 pounds.

Of course there are times the baby gets stuck and a c-section is nec. But it has nothing to do with the mom’s size or the baby’s size – it can be the position, or the contractions are not strong enough or the cord is wrapped around the neck…

Some women would rather have an operation – it seems less scary to them. I was scared sh!tless of having a c-section.

Good luck to her. They seem like a sweet couple.

15. Analise says

Wow are you dumb canadian. You too D’Anna. You needed both ends sewn tighter. Anti c -section hag.

16. Kelsey says

#11 – Unfortunately some babies really are too big to be delivered naturally. My sister went through almost 30 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing just to find out that the baby’s head couldn’t make it through her pelvic bone. She had an emergency c-section and I question if she or my nephew would be alive today if that surgery wasn’t an option.

17. Sandra says

canadian Umm yes they do. Besides it is NOT the VAGINA, it is the pelvis that is small on some people!

Back in the day women use to die, heck there are still people in other countries that die while giving birth. I don’t know what else to say to that comment other than really naive.

I would rather know what I am getting into than to not be told there might be a possibility of the baby being to big and you might require a c/s.

18. canadian says

Our bodies do not make babies that are too big for us to push out of our vaginas. Come on people! the ‘big baby card’ is such a scam to scare mother’s into unnecessary surgery. it is dangerous and unethical. Do some research.

19. D'Anna says

I agree with 5 and 6–I’m a smaller person too and I’ve had an 8 1/2 lb and 9 lber with no problems. Nothing like trigger happy doctors ready to rip a birth experience away!

20. Sandra says

There is NOTHING wrong with the doctor being logical and practical. Why make the woman go through 12 hours of labor to have her push and then go “Oh sorry we are going to need to do a c-sec, the baby is having trouble and you are too small to push it out anyways!”

My friend just had her daughter in March. Her husband is 6’5″ and she is 5’2″. The doctor NEVER once mentioned possible c-sec because the baby might be too big. She went through 3 days of hard core labor to finally get admitted into the hospital to then go through 12 more hours of labor with the help of pitocin. She got to 9 1/2 cm and then had hourly checks to discover she was regressing. She went back down to 8cm, why because the baby was too big and then she started to have heart rate problems. Needless to say she had a c-sec gave birth to a 8lbs 13oz all of that painful 3+ days of labor could have been avoided and prevented had her doctor paid more attention to the possibilities of a big baby.

21. kat says

Oh, Trista. It’s great that you have all your makeup together… but it would behoove you to do a little tiny bit of childbirth prep. This statement pains me in so many ways.

22. phnxgirl says

I like Trista, she seems like a good hearted person, and what a party! I LOVE baby showers, hers looks like it was tons of fun.

23. kidada a. says

i have the up most respect for them! they were not fake, like other reality show couples, they were real! Congrats to the both of them!

24. mommy says

GOOD FOR HER & RYAN!!! She’s tiny, I can’t believe she’s 7 months in the pics!! Where are those tanks from that the girls are holding up????