Breaking! Eddie Murphy Is Proven To Be The Father Of Melanie Brown's Daughter!

Melanie Brown & Eddie Murphy
Eddie Murphy is the father of “Scary Spice” Melanie Brown’s 2-month-old daughter, Melanie’s rep confirms to People magazine.

The results of the DNA test, which Eddie took on June 11th, were received by Melanie on Thursday afternoon, says rep Liza Anderson.

“He’s the baby’s father, it’s official,” says a source close to Melanie. “The baby is undoubtedly, 110 percent his.”

Of Melanie, the source said, “There was no doubt in people’s minds anyways, least of all hers. It wasn’t a surprise to her. She knew all along.”

Eddie’s rep declined to comment.

Melanie, 32, gave birth to the baby, Angel Iris Murphy Brown, on April 3, and has long contended that Eddie is the child’s father.

She and the comic dated last summer, but in December Eddie told a Dutch TV show of Melanie’s pregnancy: “I don’t know whose child that is until it comes out and has a blood test.”

In May, Melanie told People magazine Eddie not only was refusing to take a paternity test but that he also had not contacted her since Angel was born: “He hasn’t seen his daughter. My people have contacted his people and they just had no response to anything.”

Not exactly surprising, but thank goodness Eddie will have to take responsibility now and be a man!

Comments

Carleigh, thank you, I just am still surprised he had this son! I definately would love to see what he looks like? I wonder if he is in the entertainment field in any way? I appreciate you taking the time to answer me earlier! Thank you very much, and also, thank you for the link about FAS, very informative!!!!!!!!

2. carleigh says

Oriana, I don’t know but I will try to find some for you…I’ll send a link to them if I can find em’. Take care and have a great day!

3. Jenna M. (UK) says

Anne, pull yourself out of the dark ages for Heaven’s sake, there are far more pressing issues in the world today than whether or not *shock horror* a woman has a child out of wedlock.

I read the info on the link Carliegh posted, I didn’t know he had a older son before he married Nicole! Interesting! I wonder where he lives?

5. kamineko says

Eddie Murphy, what were you thinking, man?! Step up to your responsibilites and grow up!
    If you’re gonna sleep with a woman, (wife or girlfriend-hopefully wife) then babies are the natural outcome and consequence! At least he should have been kind and supportive of Melanie, been a gentleman and showed some respect. Oh, she’s good enough to have sex with, but not good enough to be the mother of your child?!
    This man has no respect for women or himself. I pity him. The world has gone crazy, and people are acting totally irresponsible. Sad.

Eddie and Melanie are both to blame for having an innocent child that obviously he did not want! He is an asshole and was having his fun with her after his divorce, obviously it wasn’t a serious relationship. She has some problems with maturity and insecurities for she has made numerous mistakes with more than one man, and she isn’t a teenager either! I can’t stand him and have little respect for her. I do think the baby is adorable and will be well loved by her at least!

7. Anne says

So now another single mom has a baby out of wedlock and why not, since rich daddy can pay enough child support to take care of both mom and baby!! Did any of these two lamebrains consider protection instead of bringing children into the world who probably will grow up screwed up and wondering why daddy could care less about them? Why is it that it is always the man’s fault but never the woman’s? I have no sympathy for the Spice woman but she knew how to play the game like hundreds of other parasites. Can’t make enough money so get preggy.

8. Jenna M. (UK) says

Fan, how about you let us make up our own minds and stop copying and pasting the same message into different threads?

Angel would be better off without Eddie as a father. I don’t understand how anybody can abandon thir own child and delibrately take nothing to do with it! He should be done for child neglect. Imagine how Angel will feel when she grows up and finds out that her daddy wanted nothing to do with her?

9. obnoxious spice says

fan –
    you have pasted this same comment on many threads….

i have NEVER read a racist comment from any of those three, can you provide a link so i can see for myself what you are so publically accusing them of ?

instead of embarking on what appears to have been a time consuming campaign against them, why don’t you simply take your own advice and ignore them yourself…scroll past their names if you don’t want to read their comments, i am sure many others do the same…

10. Usedtobeaneddiefan says

When that poor child is old enough to realize what he did to her mother, she’ll give him the middle finger he so deserves.
    And hopefully it will hurt as much as the hurt he caused.
    A man does not behave that way.
    Even if he did have doubt, he could have voiced it privately. This could have been handled privately instead of spewing filth in interviews.
    I hope she takes him to the cleaners for child support.

11. hiyah says

He does not deserve a relationship with that baby.
    The child will be better off with another man for a father. Because a father is someone who takes care of his children. This man just provided his fishies.
    In trying to discredit her mother, and dumping her via an interview, he’s shown his true colors.
    That is not daddy material, that is an egomaniac.
    The baby is better off without him.

Well maybe now his smarty girlfriend will shut her piehole! She should have kept her mouth shut from the beginnning!

13. dori says

This really puts Eddie Murphy in a bad light. It’s too bad because he’s a great comedian and now I can’t look at him the same. I have totally lost respect for him. Denying paternity was a stupid thing to do. He would have been better off to say nothing at all.

14. dori says

15. Xenafan96 says

I wish we still had Maury on the air, he is the man to tell Eddie:
    “Eddie, YOU are the father!”

This baby is better off without this poor excuse for a father! Mel is doing a great job on her own… He needs to be a real man now!

17. carleigh says

Hey Fan, please don’t take offense when I say this to you because I too, share your sentiment. Ignoring them doesn’t do anything, as they are still here. I’ve found that scrolling past and NOT obliging my eyeballs with the racism, smut and vulgarity is much more productive for me then to wish them to simply leave. Unfortunately, everyone on here is entitled to an opinion whether it be offensive, defensive, or whatnot, it is what it is and we cannot collectively stop them from posting. Wishing doesn’t work either and neither does ignoring them, I’ve been doing it for months and it doesn’t work unless I make a concerted effort to SCROLL on past the useless garbage and look for the posters that I know I want to blog with. Happy blogging and don’t let them run you out of here, if you are enjoying yourself by being here then so be it, just don’t let em’ get to ya. It’s just a computer and their words cannot harm you unless you read them, find offense and take it all personal. Good luck and welcome!

18. Fan says

I plead with all the decent bloggers to please ignore Lib,Mia.and Shadow from now.It is clear that they badly need attention.Infact,let us try and ignore people who pass nasty and racist comments.I really like this site and i donot want these people to stop me from logging into this site.I believe that if we ignore them,they will go away with time.I AM REALLY BEGGING THE DECENT BLOGGERS ON THIS.THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

19. minkysmom says

coming from someone who knows what denied paternity is all about, I am so glad for Melanie, but now after I got what I wanted I would make him pay for talking about me like a dog all over tv and in the press. he should have never did esp. if he knew that he got her preg!!!

20. kelsie says

I know some people might disagree,and please don’t bite my head off,but if i was Angel,i would rather no father!Eddie did an Asshole move,there was no proof that Mel was having an affair.Hes an ass!

21. M`i`a`p`o`c`c`a says

This was no suprise…I hope the child grows up to read the shit daddy was talking about…Eddie Murphy is an arse and I dont think i will ever buy a ticket of his….foolish man!!!!!!!!!

22. Julie says

Good for her! I’m glad this is settled for her and her daughter. She has been so open about this and so positive that he is her daughter’s father, I don’t know why he’s been such a jerk. I hope things can turn civil between them and that he can creeate a relationship with his new baby girl.

23. courtney says

ok so what # kid is this for him??? what a low down loser to sit there and say “i dont know whos bay that is til it comes out and has a blood test!” well it came out buddy and what did u do…..refuse to prove anything….maybe if he doesnt want the responsibility of ANOTHER child he should quit banging america!!!!!!!! geeeeeeeze!!!!
    well im happy for mel and the baby!!!
    i bet he denied it the whole time because of the girlfriend he has now..bet that him and mel broke up and he started dating the one he has now and he cheated on her with mel and got her preg and didnt want to confess up to it….cause all his present girlfriend has to do is count 9 months backwards….
    men are FOOLS!!
    excuse me, i dont call boys men unless their MEN and he is NOT!!!!!!!!
    men dont run away from their children, immature, spoiled, self-centered BOYS do….
    GROW UP EDDIE!!!!!!!!!!

24. Jacquie says

Eddie’s rep declined to comment.

I bet he did, kinda hard to defend a client who has his foot/leg/knee/thigh in his mouth! Great example to be setting for his what 4-5 other kids.

Where this goes from here who knows? But atleast me got some “back at ya” after what he did to her.

Eddie is a FOOL!!

25. carleigh says

I hope for the sake of EVERYONE involved that Eddie will now change his tune. Even if he doesn’t I hope that this little girl will be well taken care of and have all the things she needs in life. Having a father who is out of the picture completely is better than have one half-assed who denies her and probably won’t be involved like he should be. I think this conduct will get him yanked from future Shrek movies…I think Donkey will be done after this last one. Smooth move Eddie, how special are ya now big guy!!! He has acted like a self-centered jerk and he is NOW going to get exactly what he deserves! Pay up, stand up and take care of your daughter you selfish cad!

26. Kidada armstool says

Danm right! He can’t run from DNA! I’m glad for her, and Angel! He knew that Angel was his in the first place! I hate it when men are stuck inside men body’s but yet doesn’t have the mentality of a adult! How on God’s green on earth is he going to be a role model to his children(especailly)his sons! “Hey son(s) it’s Ok to run away from your responsibities” What a jackass! Well…..She have him right where he should be! If I was her….I’ll stick to him hard!