Tiger Woods & Wife Welcome A Daughter!

Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods and his wife Elin Nordegren welcomed a daughter, Sam Alexis, on Monday, the golfer announced on his Web site.

“Both Elin and Sam are doing well and resting peacefully,” Tiger wrote. “We want to thank our doctors and the hospital staff for all their dedicated and hard work. This is truly a special time in our lives and we look forward to introducing Sam to our family and friends over the next few weeks. We thank everyone for their well wishes and continued respect of our privacy.”

The couple’s first child was born less than 24 hours after Tiger finished second in the U.S. Open, one shot behind Angel Cabrera, on Sunday.

Tiger announced the pregnancy on his 31st birthday last December, saying, “I have always wanted to be a dad. I just wish my father could be around to share the experience.” (His father, Earl Woods, died earlier in 2006).

Tiger and Elin, a Swedish former nanny and model he met at the 2001 British Open, were married in 2005.

Congratulations!

Comments

1. Heather says

You guys are soo cute together!!! I wish you both happiness and i hope you are enjoying parenthood!!

She is beautiful and I wish them both happiness and joy, he has grieved over his dad, he deserves this blessing in his life!!!!!

3. Mildred Wogbash says

I predict this baby to be the most gorgeous ever, her parents are such a good match. Amazing couple.

4. Kelsey says

I simply can’t wait to see pictures of little Sam…with Tiger and Elin as her parents, I bet she is just gorgeous!

5. fifi trooper says

I just wish that he could have won! Congrats to Tiger, and his lady! The name is nice to! I’m waiting for the first pictures!

6. ali says

It’s too bad he lost the open…would have been cool for him to win on father’s day the day before becoming a daddy. But he got a noce consolation prize anyway (somewhere in the neighborhood of a half million). I really like this couple and can’t wait to see pics of the baby. By the by I wonder if it’s actually Sam or short for something.