Meg Ryan & Daisy True In Hawaii

Meg Ryan

Meg Ryan was snapped with 2-year-old daughter Daisy True Tuesday in Hawaii. Meg recently shared with Redbook that she was “completely convinced that there was nothing random about the adoption. She is the daughter I should have.”

Comments

1. toreba says

Oh Really? So why is it that apparently the US has so many babies up for adoption in comparison to european countries? Aren’t you one of the richest nations in the world? Sorry, but I too would chose to adopt from a third world countries. All the US governemtn needs to do is support teenmoms so they can keep their babies, give free birthcontrol to women to prevent teenpregnancies and forbid women to sell their babies to the highest bidder.

2. Reba says

Maybe you should worry about the problems in USA before Americans go trying to fix the rest of the world they should fix themselves!

3. Analise says

It’s unfortunate if China halts adoptions. Will they go back to killing the baby girls? Wait, they haven’t stopped.

4. Jenna M. (UK) says

I hope they don’t halt it completely, my partner and I would really love to adopt from China.

Essie, your comment seemed a bit ignorant. Why should the American parents send thekids back? If they were their biological children they wouldn’t have any choice of whether or not they were mentally or genetically ill. Its one of these things parents just have to deal with. Why is it “even worse” to keep the children and love and care for them than sending them back to a third-world orphanage? Thats just sick.

5. Zbella says

China is halting foreign adoptions. They think it makes them look bad. So instead the babies and toddlers and going to grow up in an orphanage. Nice, hunh?

Thanks everyone for the info! I did not know that in China there could only be one child per family! Very interesting! I don’t understand why it would take over 18 months to adopt a little girl since the orphanges should be full over there?

That is pitiful about Russia, I could see not wanting a mentally ill child, but with genetic disease, I wouldn’t mind that if I was younger.

7. Kate says

Daisy is SO cute! In Chinese Adoptions, you can request a gender, but it is EXTREMELY rare to get a boy unless he has special needs. It is practically guarenteed that when adopting from China, you will get a girl. Boys are much more valued in the Chinese culture, and there is a 1 child limit per family, unless you have twins or other multiples. (Triplets, etc) This is due to overpopulation. Many families choose Chinese adoption solely because they want a girl. (Such as if they already have boy children)

8. Essie says

I think the adoptions from China are mostly girls because boys are more valued there. Families are only allowed one child and if it’s a girl they put her in an orphanage. Not all parents do but a lot of them do it.

Russian adoptions were getting really bad because, as mentioned by Zbella, they were adopting out mentally ill children and children with genetic diseases. Some American families were sending them back or, even worse, keeping them and trying to make a go of it.

I think Meg looks alright considering her age but she should have never had plastic surgery.

9. Zbella says

Oriana, China, Guatemala & Russia had the highest number of foreign adoptions to the US last year. However, that’s changing quickly. China is cracking down and putting more restrictions on adoptive families. Guatemala is corrupt. Russia was adopting out ill children without telling the adoptive families. Now Ethiopia is fast becoming a front runner.

My sister is adopting from China as it’s been 18+ months of waiting. You can request a girl or boy, but it’s simply a request. You can also request an age range, but again, it’s not always what you get! Just like having your own baby, you cannot handpick your adotive child – at least not from China.

I wonder which country has the most adoptions?

#10, Can people request which gender they will get or does the Chinese government decide that also?

11. Oak Ridge Mom says

When adopting from China, parents do not choose their children – they are “assigned” children by the Chinese authorities. I think what Meg is saying is that she and Daisy were destined to be together, even though she played no part in the actual selection process.

12. Carole Danielle says

Hey rd,
    Everybody gets older.
    You are cute when you are young, and Meg still looks
    pretty good to me for her age.

13. Just me says

Daisy’s so cute! What dumb quote by Meg. What is she supposed to say … Now that I have Daisy I realize there were better choices out there.

14. phnxgirl says

I bet it is hard to get older in Hollywood. You feel like you have to keep up with the 20 year olds. I like Meg’s hair a lot.