Rosie O'Donnell & Daughter Enjoy A Boating Excursion

Rosie O'Donnell

Now that she’s off The View, Rosie O’Donnell is enjoying her family. Rosie and Vivienne, 4, were snapped during a boating excursion in Nyack, New York, on Sunday. Rosie, who asked ABC for an early release from her contract, has said she is “not sorry” to be leaving her co-hosting gig on the talk show. Barbara Walters has implored Rosie to return to the show.
Rosie has four children: Parker Jaren O’Donnell, 12, Chelsea Belle O’Donnell, 9, Blake Christopher O’Donnell, 7, and Vivienne Rose O’Donnell, 4. All of Rosie’s children are adopted except for Vivienne. Rosie’s partner, Kelli O’Donnell, gave birth to Vivienne.

Personally, it seems that this whole Rosie vs Elisabeth Hasselbeck thing has gotten ridiculously out of hand. All the drama seems pretty silly. I don’t watch The View but am aware of the situation through all the media coverage.

Interestingly, Rosie is a third cousin to Bridget Moynahan on her father’s side, a fact that Rosie didn’t know until Bridget was a guest on “The View!”

People magazine

1. Tiffany says

I don’t like Rosie either but that doesn’t give any of you the right to put her parenting down(leave the kids out of it).

2. Observer says

Rosie is evil personified. In the picture, she looks like she is going to eat that child. Rosie, stuck to munching carpets instead of little kids, willya?

# 15…what an idiot, y u evn dipn n usa biz??!!! dnt no rosie but dnt like her becuz of what she HEARD!!??! another foreigner with no brains

4. Libraesque says

carpetmuncher?………………..what are you twelve? is your name Cartman by any chance

I was home sick one day and watched the View….much to my horror.
    Elisabeth said she would never want to have a transplant, because what if she got the heart or liver of a killer.

Her stupidity is beyond belief, right up there with #23 and #25

5. Barbara Booker says

I really think Elizabeth is tthe rudest person I have ever seen on TV I think Barbara Walters should tell her to quit pointing her finger at everyon. Who does she think she is doing that when she is talking? Just watch and you will see shat I mean. Get rid of her and bring back Rosie

6. Zbella says

Sorry for Rosie’s kids… come on now. I think her kids are doing just fine. I have a father who barely knows me – although he’s sill married to my mother – after almost 40 years of marriage. Being a good spouse and a good parent are two different things.

7. Beth says

I think its worse to have a parent with a closed mind (like you “Sorry for Rosie’s kids”) then to have 2 of the same sex that really love the children.

I’m not a Rosie fan. I think she’s pretty funny, but I also think she’s obnoxious and pushes her opinions on other people.

8. Sorry for Rosie's kids says

I feel so sorry for rosies kids, having a carpetmuncher for a mom/dad. Kids need a real father in there lives not a butch like rosie……lol

I pray for her kids that they don’t grow up like rosie.

9. Zbella says

The View – after the Jerry Springer Show – rates the most annoying and crass shows on TV. I won’t have it on with 3 little children in our family.

10. sorry no name says

I’d stopped watching “The View “because of Rosie loud mouth ,I’d agree with most of you, glad she a good mother to her adopted kids, but sorry I’d don’t believe in lesbians/gay people its such sick.

11. Libraesque says

jennifer, it wasn’t cowardly to leave the View early, quite the contrary.
    She was horrified at the split screen nonsense and I don’t blame her. She made a stand, she sent the message that it was wrong and she wasn’t putting up with it, the exact OPPOSITE of cowardice

12. MELISSA says

I think that Elizabeth is a Nasty, self absorbed, self rightous, ignorant, and obnoxious person. I hate when she even opens her mouth. For her to try to say that they were in “constant contact” all weekend is ridiculous. she is so one sided and I think Rosie did a good thing by leaving early. Who wants to work in an enviornment where your co-workers are encouraged to fight with you? disgusting all around. I wish Rosie the best. She doesn’t need their crap. She did the View a favor by coming on there to boost ratings. I will not watch now that she is gone.

13. Angie_in_Arkansas says

She went on that show w/ an agenda for sure and I guess that’s her perogative. She brought another perspective to the table though and I guess that’s what that show is all about. To go as far as to call it “intelligent conversation” is a stretch. They all just spout out whatever the hell comes to their heads and call it fact..especially all the conspiracy theories.
    There’s alot of gullable women that hang on their every word and believe the gospel according to the View. They don’t win Emmy’s cuz its all a bunch of garbage. I watch it purely for entertainment purposes only. Not one of them or any of their guest co-hosts represents me or has any bearing on my life so I have a good laugh and then go on with my life.
    **and i have a conspiracy theory of my own…Trump & Rosie staged that whole thing…I never bought it..still don’t.. 😉 **

14. Pink Poodle says

Rosie is a bully Elizabeth stood up to the bully and the bully went crying home … ha ha

I did like Rosie on the View, it made for interesting TV – Elizabeth is a weinie.

Although not an Elizabeth fan, she looks so good with a few pounds on her – after this baby she needs to keep some on her – she looks like a gross skeleton usually!!

15. Jenna M. (UK) says

So many times I have heard people say that Rosie O’Donnel gives lesbians a bad name, and I want to agree. Obviously she doesn’t represent the attitudes of all, or indeed most lesbians but she really does create an impression of all lesbians as been loudmouthed, argumentative bints.

Just my opinion. Anyway, I don’t live in America so I’ve never seen her shows but from what I’ve heard about the things she say, I do not like this woman. At all.

16. Jennifer says

I find it ironic that Rosie called Elizabeth a coward yet, to me her leaving The View before her scheduled departure over an argument is more cowardly. Both women had strong opinions about their position but then to start using tactics of personal “attacks” on their convictions and personalities is wrong. Rosie leaving early to me shows that she was wrong and is not able to admit that. If she felt so strong about her position she would have stood up for what she believed in, and had enough confidence in herself to return and be civil and carry out her contract. I wish them both the best.

17. dutch says

I actually enjoyed the intelligent arguments made on both sides during the incident on the View. Finally, I thought, stong-willed women with brains making their points without resorting to crying, name-calling,etc… now that was a good example of working through conflicting interests/view points and it happened on national television and it happened between two women. Amen. This is what The View should be all about.

18. Andrea says

It’s too bad that Rosie seems to always pick a fight with someone. I think more people would be inclined to listen to her opinions if she weren’t so rude, arrogant, and insistent that she’s always on the right side.

She gives Liberals a bad name.

19. Zbella says

Good point, Keni. They are all adopted by Rosie.

She looks in very bad shape. I wish she would take better care of herself – for her children’s sake. She really could die young at this rate.

20. Keni says

Yes- thanks,
    Right and by law if u dont contribute to the genetic make-up or if u are not named as father, u r not a parent to the child…

I was stating the fact that ALL her children to Rosie are adopted, though only 3 are adopted to Kelly.

21. name not important says

Keni just to let you know the webmistress did not say that rosie was the biological mother of Vivienne she siad her partner gave birth to her.

I wish they would take that show off the air, can’t stand Barbara, Rosie has a big mouth but I like her, the others I could definately do without.

Rosie will get her own show before long, she looks gross to me most of the time too!

23. Bethany says

The View sucks. Can’t stand that show. And Rosie is gross and needs to shut her mouth occasionally.

24. Sandra says

I can’t stand the View. A bunch of old ladies bickering isn’t for me I guess. When is Barbara going to retire, eekkk I can’t stand her!

25. fifi trooper says

The View will now suck! I don’t think that people in general should sugarcoat anything! I usually think that Rosie does get in other people business, but Sometimes she’s right on! She had a right to say what she said to Elizabeth! I don’t see Elizabeth’s husband, fighting over seas! It’s always easier to say that it’s right to be over there…..when it’s not your loved one! Rosie, will be alright!!!! I have tremendous faith in her!

26. Keni says

Just to clarify ALL of Rosie’s children are adopted as she is not a “biological” parent, including her youngest, though she is the child of her “wife”.

I’ll miss her outspoken-ness and the thought provoking that she brought to the table, I wonder who will be the next lady online?