Sheryl Crow Introduces Wyatt!

Sheryl Crow

Sheryl Crow

Sheryl Crow

Sheryl Crow, 45, showed off her new son, Wyatt Steven Crow, to OK Magazine when little Wyatt was 3 weeks old.

Below are some excerpts from the OK Magazine interview with Sheryl:

When did you start thinking about adopting?

I’ve always wanted to adopt. Even if I’d had my own kids, I would have adopted. I love the idea of adopting. I always thought I had an immense amount of love to give.

Did you want a boy?

I did not care. I did not care what nationality. I do believe, and it may sound wacky, that souls pick their surroundings. I feel like Wyatt was on his way, one way or the other.

Will there be any little brothers or sisters for Wyatt?

Definitely, a whole troop! I love kids. I can definitely see myself adopting more kids. As soon as I brought Wyatt home, I told my mom I wanted another. She told me to slow down and learn what I was doing with Wyatt first.

More pics coming!

OK Magazine

1. Camel says

Why do People get so personal? This is about the happiness & joy a new baby brings to someones life, NOT about airbrushing & what Sherly looks like, for gods sake there is far more to life.

Congraulations Sheryl & Wyatt Enjoy x

2. Zbella says

You are all air brush and photo shop obsessed!!! It’s a weekly celebrity mag – what do you expect, National Geographic??

3. Jenna M. (UK) says

Sally, (#43), that’s a good point, I never actually thought about that. But I don’t think that Sheryl Crow pulled the single parent card herself did she?

4. sally says

I hate when they talk about her being a ‘single parent’ like her situation is like anyone of us regular people. First and foremost she chose to be a single parent and secondly she has the $$ and the resources to make her life easier. Excellent position for her to be in, but don’t throw the single parent card at just isn’t so.

5. Sarah says

In an ideal world anyone who wanted a child would adopt any child that needed a family. In THIS world, childless couples go YEARS waiting for that one perfect baby to come along, while older and/or minority children never find families.

Plenty of unwanted children remain in abusive (emotionally or and physically or and sexually) families, we cannot count on their pathetic parents to give them away and we cannot count on family services to take them away. What would be nice if the people who had children would just take care of them. That would certainly be nice. And if they can’t take care of them, find good homes for them. But that is never going to happen.

Can’t stand Sheryl Crow, but much respect to her for her decision to adopt , and well wishes to her and especially to the baby – he’s beautiful, aw LOL

7. dori says

Congratulations to Sheryl and her new baby Wyatt They both look happy and content. What a lucky little boy. She looks completely in love. It’s wonderful…

8. Anonymous says

Congratulations to Sheryl Crow! Adoption is something everyone could consider. If every family could adopt just one child, instead of having another of their own, there would be no unwanted children in the world. It does not matter what country a child is from or what color they are, as long as they find a loving home.

9. Sara says

Thanks for pointing that out Ashleigh – Women who have had cancer find it very difficult to conceive and most don’t manage it at all. I really admire her for picking herself up and going for something she really wanted – it’s her right.

10. ashleigh says

it was probably easier for her to adopt cause she wasn’t in a serious relationship with anyone and i was just wondering becuase she had cancer would that have affected her fertility cause i know that happens often but i’m not sure about her so maybe she couldnt have her own children and she is also 45 so it makes sense that she would want to adopt rather than go through the stress of trying to conceive through ivf or soemthing on her own at her age.

on another note i think the baby has the cutest little face i love his serious expression congragulations i think she sounds like she will be a great mum

11. Xenafan96 says

Further proof that babies DO smile and laugh at birth! That second pic is priceless! Mommy and baby seems so in tune with one another, it is so lovely to see!

12. fifi trooper says

#23, please…….do me a favor, and kill yourself while you got time! , and before you kill yourself, please try, and get some, take the stick out of your ass because your soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo uptight! CUNT!

13. Zbella says

I read the whole article and it’s wonderful. I was never a big Crow fan, but wow, she has the makings of a great mom. Sounds like they were meant to be together. Congratulations. 🙂

Tara, you’re sick.

I really want to adopt a child, even if I can have my own kids, It will be a great experience. She looks so happy and the baby is gorgeous

awww these pics are lovely. good for her, i hope she adopts more in the future. i do agree that his look is a very mature one lol cutie……..

16. amy says

hahahaha!! i agree mia…on that cover shot the look he is giving the camera is waaay beyond his age…very very funny!!
    she looks so happy and content…good luck to them and i hope they have a happy life!

17. Tara says

22. fifi trooper. Too bad your mother did not have an abortion when she found out she was pregnant with you!

18. fifi trooper says

Congrats to Sheryl! If adoption makes her happy, then I say go with the flow! Some people don’t want to have kids! I don’t! Adoption is cool, because it’s alot of needy children out there, and I think that they need a home!

19. Tia says

Lovely!! I love Sheryl and she deserves all the happiness in the world! What a beautiful picture 😀

20. Lauren says

Congratulations!! Sheryl seems like a really loving mom. Wyatt is adorable!! Can’t wait to see more pix of him as he grows up.

21. Elle says

#10 Elle was me.
    #16 Elle was NOT me. (It was someone who can’t own their own words and has to handle steal!)

I’m appalled…racist people like you are the reason why America is sometimes looked upon so poorly. You do not sound like a true American at all.

To Elle(comment #10):

What a classy statement….NOT!!!

There are many reasons why we don’t adopt American babies including: not wanting an open adoption(were the birthmother sets the rules), possibility of birthparents changing their minds(see comment #11). I personally didn’t want to live my life wondering if my children’s’ birthparents are going to take them back. If they want to they have every right to, in some states (and there is nothing wrong with that). And these children are not “bought”. Why don’t you look into adoption a little more before making rude and degrading comments.

To Anzhelika (#1 commenter)…I have two adopted children and they ARE MY OWN children, they just didn’t come from my womb.

Sorry to get on my high horse about adoption but since I can thank adoption for my family it is a subject close to my heart and some of these comments are very offending to me and to my children and to other adopters and adoptees out there.

Baby Wyatt is adorable and we wish Sheryl the best of luck with him.

Don’t anyone shoot me, I do think this is a very sweet and cute baby, but he looks like David Spade out of the eyes in the first picture!!!!!!!!

25. annoymous says

I’m surprised she didn’t adopt sooner if it’s something she always wanted to do. Don’t like Crow much, but these are nice photos and I wish her and little Wyatt all the best.

26. rene says

What race is comprised in an “American made good” and why have we reduced a human being to an item?

27. Miapocca says

nice family…that kid has a wicked look..heis practisign his sexy eyes at such a young age

I hope birth mother doesnt come out of the woodwork anytime soon!!

What does it matter if she gives birth or adopts? Shes done a wonderful thing there! Although admittedly a couple who cant have kids may have wanted to adopt a child… But when you look @ the amount of kids out there waiting to be adopted and the parents wanting to do it… I should think there would be more kids! So shes done a good thing and well done to her!