Dennis Quaid & Wife Expecting Twins Via A Surrogate

Dennis Quaid

Dennis Quaid and his wife of nearly three years, Kimberly, are expecting twins later this year by a surrogate mother, his rep tells the Associated Press.

Dennis, 53, and his wife, 35, are the biological parents, Dennis’s publicist Lisa Kasteler said Monday.

The couple married on the 4th of July, 2004. Dennis’s best man was his now 15-year-old son, Jack Henry Quaid, whose mother is the actor’s ex-wife, actress Meg Ryan.

The former Kimberly Buffington was a Texas real-estate agent when a mutual friend introduced her to Dennis in March 2003 at a dinner in Austin.

Dennis, was previously married to actress P.J. Soles, from 1978 to 1983, and to Meg Ryan, from 1991 to 2001.

That sounds unusual…having a surrogate at such a young age.

Best wishes!

1. Kaya says

To Linda, who said:
    “Why not opt for adoption instead of this procedure?”

Would you share your adoption experience with us? How many children have you adopted? Glad to hear you have opened your heart in this way.

2. Analise says

Britney Spears always looks cute, great, etc. according to the webmistres, but a surrogate at 35 is unusual? What world do you live in WM?

Anyways, good for them. They look very happy.

3. Lila says

Shae, he cheated on her repeatedly in the late nineties so I don’t think Meg did anything wrong. Fortunatly for him he is now married to a woman who accepts him sleeping around.

4. Xenafan96 says

I agree, it is nice that Dennis seems to be finally happy and has not one but two new blessings to count!

#10 Jen(hey I made a rhyme!!)-I was curious and had questions on surrogacy come to mind. Is this your first time as a surrogate? Do you feel any kind of attachment or worry that you will at the birth? I’ve known a few moms that wanted more children and had discussed surrogacy at some point, but all were afraid of the emotional attachments that could be made. I hope you do not find this too prying, I am fascinated that you are willing to give birth for a couple that cannot carry a pregnancy.

5. Shae says

GO Dennis…best of luck! I have always liked him and I think Meg just totrally did him wrong and then bad mouthed him to boot. I do not care for her much anymore….I think her career has fizzled.

6. Zbella says

Having a surrogate at ANY age is unusual to me. I don’t know if I’ll ever fathom it. But in the end – a baby is a blessing and in their case they will be twice blessed. God bless the sweet woman who is carrying their children as well.

7. Jen says

Unusual? I’m a surrogate for a couple who are both 35 yrs of age. Many things can cause infertility issues, such as endometrosis. Though i’m totally for adoption as well, I don’t at all think it’s “unusual” for a couple of any age to use a surrogate to bring a biological child into their lives.
    Congrats to them! I’m sure their little ones will be absolutely adorable!!

8. Linda says

Why not opt for adoption instead of this procedure? is it that important that the child is biologically yours?

9. Sarah says

Unusual? Some women cannot get pregnant. Either their bodies won’t hold a pregnancy or they don’t ovulate regularly. Who are we to judge or speculate what we don’t know about?

10. amy says

well, wherever this child is coming from, from their beaming smiles and close body language it appears it will be much loved and seems to be much wanted…all the best to both of them..

11. Sandra says

WM..They could have a surrogate because she was not able to get pregnant. It does happen far too often! I know I would have more than one kid if I could afford infertility treatments!