Denise Richards Opens Up In OK Magazine

Denise Richards
Denise Richards

Denise Richards

Denise Richards

Denise Richards, 36, opens up in OK Magazine about raising her daughters, Sam, 3, and Lola, 23 months, through difficult times. (Denise’s mother is battling incurable kidney cancer and the girls have had to cope with her 2006 split from Charlie Sheen after three years of marriage)

Are your daughters aware of your mom’s illness?

They know she’s sick because she doesn’t have any hair and she can’t pick my daughters up, but they don’t know what it is.

Have your daughters seen you struggle?

Sam walked in and saw me crying about my mom and she wiped my tear and gave me a kiss. I felt bad that she saw me that way. Then I thought, “You know what? This is life. Mommy sometimes gets sad.”

How are your daughters adapting to having their parents in different homes?

I’m doing my best to let my daughters know that Mom and Dad don’t live together. They’ll probably be in therapy before they’re 5.

The entire emotional interview can be read in the May 21st edition of OK Magazine.

Comments

1. Lisa says

I think there are always three sides to a story. His side, her side, and the truth. We didn’t live their lives, we don’t know what really went on, and who are we to judge. I thank god cameras aren’t up in my face 24/7 outlining my every faux pas. I mess up a 100 different ways, and I’ve had more crap said about me that wasn’t true. I don’t know Denise, and neither do any of you. You’re all going by what you read in the tabloids. She’s been in hollywood for years and since her split with Charlie there’s been a barrage of negative written about her….but they never wrote it before. It proves to me the only thing interesting to write abotut is the bad stuff. Doesn’t make it all true….I don’t think she’s trying to get publicity, or she would’ve been hitting every talk show the day she kicked charlie out…and she didnt. Just my opinion.

2. Miapocca says

HE DUMPED HER..SAMBORA DUMPED RICHARDS 2 MONTHS AGO..AHAHHA

No wonder she feels the need to be in the media again
    Girlfriend dont offer her any shoulder to cry on or your hubby is next…ahahhahahhahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I sort of wish he had proposed first only to take her way up and drop her…makes the fall more fun..ahhaha

YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH TEAM HEATHER!!!

I think that her career is going down the drain…that’s why she had to come back, and say something…that happened like a year ago! Find something else to talk about! honey!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Miapocca says

If all else fails concot a pity sorry…
    Sorry I cant feel sorry for her..I feel bad for her mother to have a duaghter like this one. Hope she gets better for herseld…Denise can cry me a river for all I care…

5. Miapocca says

Fact is heather found naked pics of a still unindentified woman she will not mention in their email box……which took the filing into the fast lane…I think it was Denise Richards…apparently it happenned before and probably Heather didnt think much of it then

However I dont think she expects to find any long lasting happiness with sambora…he will totally repeat his actions with her next BBF unless of course she currently has “at a distance” friends…..

SHe is no better than charlie and the public divorce she filed was shameful to herself and her children. Heather didnt know her Marriage was over, Denise stepped in to make sure it was over, if Heather is one of those women who dodnt mind the occassionaly cheating she will still be with sambora, but she made a smart descision to step out….

You cannot build a relationship on a shaky foundation and those kids shoudl be given to their grandparents, netheir cahrlie , nor her…she is way worse than charlie..At least he wasnt banging his friends wife and still going on camping trips with his friend

She certainly loves the media, I had never heard od a celeb who voiced every single issue in her divorce or her fight with her bff in the media..I was totally aghast…but of course she had no one to talk to at that time, since she had isolated everyone with her nasty behaviour…

All celebs out there,….listen ladies, keep away from this HO …..no amount of family pic is going to make her look any good..he days are soo over…dead career..she has to use the sheen kids to get attention..what a ho of a mother

Zbella, they were very good friends, She would go cry on Heather’s shoulder about Charlie all the time, did you ever see the pictures where Heather would go out with her celebrating the divorce? She is two faced!!!! There is an unspoken rule, and it doesn’t need to be said, a “friend” does not date someone’s ex-boyfriend or ex-husband, especially when they were supposed to be one of the best friends! She is conniving and sneaky! I don’t see Heather as lily white either or an Angel by any means, but there are some lines you just don’t cross!

7. Zbella says

Really she stole her best friend’s husband? I thought they were already split. Wowza. My MIL left her husband (FIL) for his best friend. There’s another twisted story for ya. Guess you always want the ‘forbidden fruit’ so to speak.

I think she is beautiful but I can’t stand her, the backstabber! I think Lola is very cute, I do feel bad for her mother, she has been a real comfort and help to Denise, I hope Denise is doing all she can to make her life as easy as possible. I liked Heather and hated to see that marriage break apart, I think Denise is very hyprocritical!

9. Libraesque says

and kids aren’t stupid…they were all once very close…how did the whore explain that mommys best friends husband was now mommys boyfriend

SKANK!!!
    HYPOCRITE!!!

10. Amy says

Denise is a husband snatching pig!!

She and Richie Sambora deserve each other. Heather Locklear is better off without that loser!!!

11. Janie says

Libraesque, I totally agree with everything that you said. Denise Richards is a pathetic, poor excuse for a human being!

12. Libraesque says

she’s the most pathetic media whore dirtbag out there. SHe USED her love for her children when they first seperated, saying they were number one priority in her life, she just wanted to protect them blahblah, then she’s photographed non-stop vacationing with her best friends husband, drinking and making out on a balcony and at the beach.

ANY woman who would do that has no morals and is the worst kind of bottomfeeder

i dont like denise richards but i think her girls are really cute, and i do feel sorry for her because of her mum’s illness. sam is the splitting image of her dad, but in some photos, u can see her mum in her. and lola has her mummy’s eyes.the family looks really happy in the pics

14. Lauren says

Sam and Lola are beautful little girls. I lost all respect for Denise when she hooked up with Richie Sambora while he was still married to Heather. What kind of example is she setting for her girls?!

15. DMITZ says

I feel for Denise about her mother’s illness, and I used to feel sorry for her about her ex (Charlie Sheen), but now she is just as f-up as he is! How could she do that to Heather? No excuse could ever justify her actions. It is an un-written law that you NEVER date your friend’s ex (especially when there are children involved).

16. kimmy says

Being cheated on by Mr Womanizer-Charlie Sheen. But I guess that’s what she gets-what goes around comes around. She cheated with Richie Sambora who was still married to Heather.

17. Jan says

Unless of course she meant the betrayal was about Charlie cheating on her, and all of the other stuff….that is a possibility

18. Jan says

I dont know, since it should be Heather making that statement about Denise stealing her husband. I would sure like to know too what Denise is talking bout!!