Keisha Castle-Hughes Welcomes A Daughter

Keisha Castle-Hughes

Whale Rider Oscar nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes and her boyfriend, Bradley Hull, welcomed their first child, a healthy baby girl!

The child, named Felicity-Amore, was born Wednesday at 6:35 p.m. and weighed 7 lb., 6 oz. Publicist Gail Cowan described the baby as “beautiful.”

Keisha, 17, and Bradley, 20, have been dating for three years and are based in New Zealand.

The Australia-born actress first made waves playing the fiery Paikea in 2002’s Whale Rider – a role for which she became, at age 13, the youngest Best Actress Oscar nominee in Hollywood history.

“I thought I was still dreaming,” she told People magazine at the time.

Since Whale Rider, Keisha played the Queen of Naboo in 2005’s Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and was Mary in last year’s The Nativity Story.

Congratulations!

Comments

HEY!!
    iM A REALY HUGE FAN OF KiESHA’S!!

i COME FROM NEW ZEALAND A PROUD LAND OF US MAORi’S!!
    AND A PLACE WHERE MY HEART WiLL ALWAYS LiE!!

iM SiXTEEN YEAR’S YOUNG!!
    LOViNG MY LiFE!!, THOE AT TiMES LiFE GETS REALLY HARD TO ENJOY AND LAYOUT!!
    BUT LiFES TOUGH NO ONE GETS iT EASY!! UM i’D JUST LiKE TO iNTRODUCE SOME PARTS OF WHO i AM!!

KO TE AWAMARAHi TE MARAE!!
    KO TAUPiRi TE MAUNGA!!
    KO WAiKATO TE AWA!!
    WAiKATO TE iWi!!
    NGATi AMARU ME NGATi POU NGA HAPU!!
    KO POTiNi TOKU iNGOA WHAKAMUTUNGA!!
    AND THATS ALL i CAN TELL YOU i GUESS!! LOL!!

AND iD JUST LiKE TO SAY iM PROUD OF THiS GiRL!! SHE’Z REALLY iNSPiRED ALOT OF US MAORi’S!! LOL!! iNTO DOiNG SOMETHiNG FOR A CHANGE!! ESPECiALLY US YOUNG CHiLDREN AND TEENAGERS!!

THE NEWS ABOUT HER BEING PREGNUNT WASNT A SHOCK AT ALL!! AS YOU COULD SEE iN HER BODY LANGUAGE THAT SHE WAS GREATLY MATURE FOR HER YOUNG AGE!!

HAViNG A BABY WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE BUT AS I DO NOT HAVE THE TiME AND GREAT MATURE EFFORT LiKE KiESHA HAS i CANNOT HOLD THiNGS TOGETHER AS A MOTHER AND HOLDiNG THE DEPRESSiON AND WEAKNESS iNSiDE WOULD MAKE THiNGS MUCH WORSE AS THEY ARE BUT iF i WAS TO FALL PREGNUNT UNEXPECTEDLY THAT WOULD BE A MAJOR DiFFERENT STORY!! AND WiTH THE LOVE AND SUPPORT FORM FAMiLY AND FRiENDS i KNOW i WiLL BE ALRiGHT!!

MY WHANAU ARE MY HEART!! AND WiLL ALWAYS BE!!

KiA KAHA TONU ATU KiESHA!!
    YOU MAKE US REALLY PROUD TO BE WHO WE ARE!! iTS TiME FOR US TO STAND UP AND SHOW WHAT WE’VE GOT!! LOL!!

US FANS SHOULD REALLY TAKE A HiKE SOMETiMES!! LET OUR CELEBS HAVE A LiFE OF THEiR OWN WiTHOUT US iNTERFEARiNG iN iT!! YOU WOULDNT LiKE PEOPLE STiCKiNG THiER NOSE’S iN YOUR BUiSNESS AND WATCHiNG YOUR’E EVERY MOVE!! YEH YOU STALKERS KNOW WHAT iM TALKiNG ABOUT!! CUT iT OUT!! GET A LiFE!! AND A REAL JOB!!

AND KiESHA!! WHAT A BEAUTiFUL BABY GiRL YOU HAVE EHOA!! TiNO REKA!! ATAAHUA!! NGA MiHi NUi ATU KiA KOE EHOA, YOU AND BRADLEY!!

TiAKi WHAiARO, KiESHA AND BRADLEY!!
    TAKE GREAT CARE!!

MUCH LOVE!!
    AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU WiTH MANY MORE HAPPiENESS TO COME!!
    AND BLESS YOU WiTH THE JOY OF YOUR FiRST KOTiRO!!
    MUCH RESPECT TO YOU AND YOURE WHANAU!!

KiA KAHA!!, HAEMATA TONU!!,T?MANAKO T?N? A KOE!!

CONGRATS!!

WiTH LOVE!!

MOANA-KOHU POTiNi!!! xoxoxo

HEY!!
    iM A REALY HUGE FAN OF KiESHA’S!!

i COME FROM NEW ZEALAND A PROUD LAND OF US MAORi’S!!
    AND A PLACE WHERE MY HEART WiLL ALWAYS LiE!!

iM SiXTEEN YEAR’S YOUNG!!
    LOViNG MY LiFE!!, THOE AT TiMES LiFE GETS REALLY HARD TO ENJOY AND LAYOUT!!

KO TE AWAMARAHi TE MARAE!!
    KO TAUPiRi TE MAUNGA!!
    KO WAiKATO TE AWA!!
    WAiKATO TE iWi!!
    NGATi AMARU ME NGATi POU NGA HAPU!!
    KO POTiNi TOKU iNGOA WHAKAMUTUNGA!!
    AND THATS ALL i CAN TELL YOU i GUESS!! LOL!!

MY WHANAU ARE MY HEART!! AND WiLL ALWAYS BE!!

KiA KAHA TONU ATU KiESHA!!

TiAKi WHAiARO, KiESHA AND BRADLEY!!
    TAKE GREAT CARE!!

MUCH LOVE!!
    AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU WiTH MANY MORE HAPPiENESS TO COME!!
    AND BLESS YOU WiTH THE JOY OF YOUR FiRST KOTiRO!!
    MUCH RESPECT TO YOU AND YOURE WHANAU!!

KiA KAHA!!, HAEMATA TONU!!,T?MANAKO T?N? A KOE!!

CONGRATS!!

WiTH LOVE!!

MOANA-KOHU POTiNi!!! xoxoxo

HEY!!
    iM A REALY HUGE FAN OF KiESHA’S!!

i COME FROM NEW ZEALAND A PROUD LAND OF US MAORi’S!!
    AND A PLACE WHERE MY HEART WiLL ALWAYS LiE!!

iM SiXTEEN YEAR’S YOUNG!!
    LOViNG MY LiFE!!, THOE AT TiMES LiFE GETS REALLY HARD TO ENJOY AND LAYOUT!!

KO TE AWAMARAHi TE MARAE!!
    KO TAUPiRi TE MAUNGA!!
    KO WAiKATO TE AWA!!
    WAiKATO TE iWi!!
    NGATi AMARU ME NGATi POU NGA HAPU!!
    KO POTiNi TOKU iNGOA WHAKAMUTUNGA!!
    AND THATS ALL i CAN TELL YOU i GUESS!! LOL!!

MY WHANAU ARE MY HEART!! AND WiLL ALWAYS BE!!

KiA KAHA TONU ATU KiESHA!!

TiAKi WHAiARO, KiESHA AND BRADLEY!!
    TAKE GREAT CARE!!

MUCH LOVE!!
    AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU WiTH MANY MORE HAPPiENESS TO COME!!
    AND BLESS YOU WiTH THE JOY OF YOUR FiRST KOTiRO!!
    MUCH RESPECT TO YOU AND YOURE WHANAU!!

KiA KAHA!!, HAEMATA TONU!!,T?MANAKO T?N? A KOE!!

CONGRATS!!

WiTH LOVE!!

MOANA-KOHU POTiNi!!! xoxoxo

4. Ismone says

Wow, so much judgment. My grandmother was engaged at sixteen, married at seventeen, pregnant at eighteen, and a mother at nineteen. And she was a wonderful mother. My mom had her first child at twenty-one, and was also a wonderful mother.

Stop infantilizing teenagers. Not all of them make bad decisions or are unable to be good parents. In much the same way, I’ve met plenty of twenty– or thirtysomethings who were dreadful parents. One of my good friends was also a teen mother, and she was one of the most devoted, thoughtful, and mature parents I ever met.

5. Jessi says

and just to add I have plenty of friends who have kids and were teen moms. They come from some of the greatest homes and were given all the opportunities but partying and screwing around were fun too or they just wanted a live doll to play with or thought their man would stay with them. Well they’re terrible moms all they think about is themselves because thats how they were raised not just by their parents but society. I’ve seen my friends do terrible things to their kids or say terrible things to their kids the only time their kids make them happy is when it benefits them….and I have have friends from the city who have kids and are just as bad if not worse sometimes because they’ll resort to physical stuff because their parents did it. hello can you see patterns and why most teens in america shouldn’t have kids and aren’t equipped to have them, hell even some adults.

6. Jessi says

Alright I’m 19 and I was shocked at seeing she did have a baby so young growing up in the spotlight like she did, this would seem a big blemish to most AMERICANS. Again she is half Maori and English, teenagers are more likely to have kids and be adults by 16, 17 years old in those cultures. hell your out of school alot earlier than here in america so you can have a good job at 17 and be married and have kids. Now little girl all happy for her pregnant friend who’s 16 and want to be a mom at 15 your american you ain’t gonna be a good momma at no 15 because your still a baby in your mommies eyes sneaking out and hooking up with boys at parties being treated like a baby. I’ll see you on Maury because thats where little ghetto hood rats like you end up. America’s teen moms suck because no one teaches us to grow up and be adults until were in our late 20’s and cycles just get repeated it’s a shame that our youths our being corrupted by to much love and coddling, and what get’s produced is little girls like above.

7. Pinky says

at the end of the day shes the one who takes care of the baby so yous could say whatever you guys want but its her body,her baby Etc sooooo we’re noone to judge her just because she had a baby

8. kara says

What a wonderful thing for Keisha Castle-Hughes and her boyfriend! I think motherhood is a beautiful thing for anyone, regardless of age, who is happy about it and can love and support their child. She was so excited, and I think she will be a great mother, because she has wanted this child so much. Best wishes to the mom, the dad, and the baby!

9. Kristyn says

I think its great that she’s 17 and has a kid now.. my friend whos 16 is going to have a baby and i can’t wait.. don’t judge teenagers on what they choose to do.. it’s their life not yours.. shoot if i got pregnant right now I know I would have the kid(I’m 15).. teenagers need suport these days don’t get mad or discusted over something like this… these days teen pregnancies are very ccommon..

10. Jackie says

I am still not confortable with treating a 17 year old having babies as normal as I fear it will send out a wrong message to other kids. But what is done is done and all I wish her ansd her baby is a wonderful life. Beautiful name.

11. minkysmom says

She is not an American. In other countries teens can actually get married, have babies and make wonderful families. She’s responsible which is alot different than running around getting pregnant, having a bunch of abortions, leaving babies in trash cans. Don’t stereotype due to what they choose to talk about in the media. They never talk about that it’s possible for young people to raise their children, go to school and support them at a young age. It is possible.

12. Mandy says

Being judgmental solves nothing. Teen girls have access to the facts, and can choose to ignore them or make educated decisions. We can say its sad Keisha has to grow up so quickly, but we should have been making the same lamentation about her having a full time career at the age of 13. When children are forced to be grown ups, we shouldn’t act all shocked and disappointed when they behave like one. Good luck and best wishes to her, her boyfriend, and her daughter, and thank God that providing for her child will not be an issue as it is for so many teen moms.

13. whatever says

While Keisha may be considered young by TODAY’s standards, just last century girls were getting pregnant around 17-18. While it may not have been planned, I think Keisha did the right thing by choosing to keep the baby. And everyone keeps forgetting that Keisha is part Maori, and that in the Maori culture it is not uncommon for girls to get pregnant at a fairly young age.

14. Zbella says

Yes, I’m aware that Mary was a virgin! I agree with the post about other teens (and celebrities) simply having an abortion rather than welcoming the child as a gift from God.

I would rather my children wait until they are older to have sex (and babies) but IF they choose to have sex, and IF they create a child, I hope they can celebrate and enjoy the baby without feeling ashamed – as Keisha has.

And I realized I was a bit sexest earlier. I also would want to support my SON 100% if he should father a child in his teens.

Anyway, I want to see some pictures of her little cutie!

15. Andrea says

To #10 Zbella:
    We don’t know Mary’s exact age when she gave birth but we know it was in the teen years, as was CUSTOMARY in the culture at that time to marry early.
    Also, a difference with Mary and Keisha is that the Virgin Mary’s birth was of immaculate conception: meaning, there was no human conception involved, no unfaithfulness on her part to Joseph. In plain English, she DID NOT have sex.
    So you cannot compare the 2 women and say, “See, Mary was young!” The reason I brought up Mary is because Keisha played Mary in a movie and I thought it very ironic and just disappointing of the choices Keisha made.

16. Alyssa says

i dont see whats wrong with this!

at least she isnt like the immature slutty teens who get knocked up and get an abortion whenever they end up pregnany. thats just stupid, keisha is taking responsibility for her actions. and most teen parents end up being better parents then most adult parents who dont deserve to have kids.

17. anony says

My husband and I have been together since I was 16 and we had our first child when I was 18. Yes we were young and had some struggles but it can work. She is young absolutely, and hopefully it all turns out alright, but its not really anyone else’s place to pass judgement.

18. Kelsey says

I just want to clarify that I don’t feel like announcing the birth is applauding teen pregnancy…any child is certainly a beautiful gift that should be recognized. All I meant was that I hope teens out there don’t get the wrong impression. Just because Keisha has a great guy by her side and family support, doesn’t mean that is the case for the majority of teen mothers out there.

19. fee says

LOVE the name-very close to mine actually. Yes she is very young, but my mom was pregnant with me when she was 17 and had me when she was 18. Congrats to them.

20. Zbella says

Congrats to Keisha & Bradley.

First of all, how is simply reporting a birth glamourizing anything? But then again, I don’t have such a problem with teen pregnancy. The virgin Mary was 14 when she gave birth to Jesus. People would have stoned her if Joseph has refused to marry her. Many wonderful people are the product of younger (teen) mothers. Keisha is a mature mother and if she is fully capable of taking care of her child emotionally and financially, what is the problem?

Now I do think it’s very important for the mother to have a good education and options (regarding marriage) and for the child to have loving parents. I don’t care about age, young or old. I would be concerned if my daughters had children in their teens, but I would support them 100%. A child is a miracle, a blessing and something to rejoice! Congratulations!!!

21. Tia :) says

yes, it is sad that at 17 this girl is becoming…but what’s done is done. I don’t think this article was ment to applaud teen pregnancy. She’s a hollywood actress, and the WM thought she should announce it!

22. Xenafan96 says

Hard to believe the little beauty from Whale Rider has a baby of her own! I wish her the best, it’s hard to be a mom but at 17? I couldn’t fathom it. I was too worried about ME then.

23. Andrea says

It’s sad in my book. She played the Virgin Mary in “The Nativity Story”one of the most respected women in history… and got pregnant, like at 16(?)
    It’s truly sad and speaks volumes of the moral decline of our society.

24. jenna says

Felicity-Amore on its own is kind of pretty, but what surname will she use? Felicity-Amore Castle-Hughes-Hull?

25. Kelsey says

I agree with you Jacquie, this really does seem to applaud teen pregnancy. This baby will probably grow up with very loving parents in a great financial situation, but sadly, that isn’t the reality for the majority of teen parents. I just hope that people realize that this isn’t an ideal situation. However, I do love the name that she chose…it’s simply beautiful!

26. Jacquie says

Love the name, but I have to say the whole situations still baffles me a bit. It to me still screams of “glamourize teen pregnancy”!