Melanie Brown Reveals The Real Name Of Her Daughter!

Melanie Brown & Eddie Murphy

Former Spice Girl Melanie Brown has named her new daughter Angel Iris Murphy Brown. (at one point her daughter was rumored to be named Fortuna Daphne Bay)

The little girl, born on April 3rd, is named in part after Eddie Murphy, whom Melanie, 31, says is the baby’s father. Eddie, 46, has said he wants a paternity test.

“Melanie spent a while deciding on the baby’s name,” a friend of the singer tells People magazine. “It was inspired by a number of things.”

On Tuesday, Melanie, who lives in Los Angeles, explained the name in a brief statement released through her London reps.

“Angel, as she was my little angel through my pregnancy,” she said. “Iris, as it’s my grandma’s name, Murphy because he’s the dad and Brown because I’m the mum!”

Angel Iris is the second child for Melanie. She has an 8-year-old daughter, Phoenix Chi, with her ex-husband, dancer Jimmy Gulzar.

In March, Eddie’s new girlfriend, film producer Tracey Edmonds, told Chicago’s Power 92 radio station of Eddie: “There’ll be a paternity test and if it’s his then he’ll be responsible.”

Great to hear the real name!

Comments

1. Elaine says

It seemed to me that Eddie was the one wanting a DNA test. Is he being difficult about it now? I was surprised that Mel was able to name Eddie as the father on the birth certificate – does that not require his permission? I think in the UK it would require the permission of the man names as the father if he is not married to the mother.

I agree his current GF should keep out of it – its nothing to do with her, and what she has said comes across to me as smug.

2. maggie says

I just saw a pic of angel and I dont think she looks like murphy, maybe when shes a little bit older. But murphy has to take the DNA test, he cant leave that baby alone

Eddie Murphy is a complete jerk! He is ugly as hell and always has been. I think he is extremely talented, and I was disappointed he didn’t win the Oscar for Dreamgirls, I was cheering for him, he did a fantastic job. I think Tracey Edmonds should keep her mouth shut and let Eddie make any comments or statements to the press, and he is very private so he probably won’t, she should step to the side, do whatever with Eddie and mind her own damn business.

NO doubt in my mind at all about the paternity of this child, Eddie, what is taking you so long to get the test done? Step up the the plate and get with the program! Any man dumping a woman like he did during her pregnancy is a piece of crap to begin with!

4. lou says

angel is a lovely name, i didnt think it would really be fortuna!

her older daughter looks a lot like her daddy

5. Emma says

What a sweet baby. phoenix really does look like her daddy and Angel looks just like Phoenix when she was a baby.

6. celine says

the baby is too cute! such a mini little thing, so pretty, like a tiny drop of water, with beautiful hair. love her!

7. Jodie says

OMG, the baby is beautiful. Seeing her has made me very broody!

Angel Iris is much better than what she was previously said to be named.

She definately looks like Eddie. He is going to eat some humble pie when those results come back.

The elder girl looks just like her father!

8. Lauren says

I love the name, Angel Iris. It’s very girly and beautiful. Hopefully, they’ll quietly resolve this so it doesn’t turn out to another debacle like the Anna Nicole Smith vs. Larry Birkhead battle.

Former Spice Girl Melanie Brown has revealed the name of her new daughter — Angel Iris Murphy Brown.

“Melanie spent a while deciding on the baby’s name,” sasys a friend of the singer. “It was inspired by a number of things.”

On Tuesday, Brown, released a statment that explained the meaning behind the name choice. .

10. Miapocca says

Jenna ..that was funny…hahha Murphy Brown indeed

I love teh name Angel Iris..then another spice girl has blue bell..I guess posh’s girl if she has one willbe what exactly?? daffodils or dasies ahahhah

11. Julie says

Oh! I didn’t even catch the Murphey Brown part! That’s funny! I wonder what he’ll say when he finds out she’s his. That should be interesting. I don’t think Melanie would’ve been so open about it and then use Murphey in the name if she wasn’t positive the baby is his.

I like this name of the baby. I hope that Eddie takes the DNA test right away where he can shut his mouth! I will be the most shocked person in the world if it is proven this isn’t his baby.