Bluebell Madonna's Christening

Geri Halliwell

Geri Halliwell

The christening of Geri Halliwell’s daughter took place on Saturday. Victoria Beckham attended with sons Brooklyn and Romeo, along with Baby Spice Emma Bunton, heavily pregnant with her first child, and Melanie Chisholm.

Posh has stepped into the role of godmother, with George Michael’s partner Kenny Goss doing the honours as godfather.

Geri, dressed in bluebell-hued outfit, was all smiles as she proudly showed off her 11-month-old daughter to onlookers outside the Parish Church of St Michael in London’s trendy Highgate Village.

The only absent ex-Spice Girl was Melanie Brown, who’s at home in California with her three-week old baby girl. George Michael also missed the christening as he’s busy promoting a US tour, while David Beckham was on duty with Real Madrid in Spain.

“It was a lovely service. Geri looked stunning,” said Geri’s pal Lady Isabella Hervey. “It was good to see so many of the Spice Girls back together and getting on so well.”

Also among the celebrity-studded congregation of over 100 were David Walliams and Kelly Hoppen. Bluebell Madonna’s father, Hollywood scriptwriter Sacha Gervasi, did not attend.

1. Xenafan96 says

Victoria Beckham wants a little girl-that look says it all!!
    With Emma Bunton pregnant, doesn’t this mean that all the Spice Girls are now moms? I thought that Melainie ‘Sporty’ Spice has a family too.

2. ???* says

Thank you #24!!!!
    I think so to
    But Bluebell is absolutly beautiful too!!
    Poor little girl…I can just amagine other little girls picking on her cuz he name Is Bluebell and not “Hilary” or “Lauren” [normal names]
    But in a way…Bluebell is beautiful name..
    Maybe her mother named her after something special in her life!! I mean Madonna came from her idol maybe “Blue bell ” came from something!? Just say`n
    But she looks amazing in these pics!!!
    Victoria looks so Normal too!

3. maggie says

Yeah poor bluebelle, parents should think better before puttin their child name, I mean Tallulah belle daughter of demmi and bruce willis is changin her name to just lulah.
    Probably bluebell will like her name, but shes gorgeous.

4. sally says

um..i hope she had it in a church that recognizes a gay man as the godfather otherwise whats the point? its all for show anyway…

5. Zbella says

Yes, I agree about Victoria. She normally seems very uptight but I love that she is touching little Bluebell.

6. Julie says

You know what is my favorite part of the second pic? Victoria Beckham actually looks like a normal woman and friend admiring another’s baby. This is one of the best pics I’ve seen of her just because she seems unaware of the cameras and she’s being herself.

7. StarDust says

Bluebell Madonna is an odd name, and usually I would be right there saying what a wierd name, but I kinda like it! 🙂

BEAUTIFUL baby, christening gown and pictures alike. What’s up with her dad?

8. Kelly says

I am sad too that her father wasn’t there. As she grows she may feel the snub. Loved the picture of Suri, she is very grown and adorable. She looks so much like Tom now and seems to have his character.

Blue Bell is beautiful. She looks like Shiloh, though prettier, Shiloh is also pretty in her own way. All babies are beautiful and am just crazy about them. I wish the site had those Suri pictures but I guess I will look for them.

9. Libraesque says

“!!!” well then WHY didn’t you post them over there, you ONLY posted the links here.
    why are you bringing tomkat onto this thread, that was NO mistake

I thought you liked to spend your time around the web posting FOUL comments using my personal e-mail address and others that you obtained from TKC

10. Libraesque says

WOW, beautiful mother and daughter
    I just have to say again, is it illegal or something for celebs to have unattractive babies? They’re ALL (with one or two exceptions) SUCH little beauties

11. Lauren says

Bluebell is a beautiful little girl. She’s got gorgeous eyes. I’m not too keen on the name though. Can’t celebs just name their children normal names??

12. !! says

Sorry I was meant to post those links on Katie Holmes thread…its a pictures of Suri Cruise going to Brooke Shield’s daughter Grier Henchy’s birthday party on Saturday and she looks so adorable.

Bluebell Madonna is also SUPER adorable and she looks like her mum.

13. Carole Danielle says

What’s with the name Bluebell Madonna?
    This poor little girl will go to school one day and she
    will hate her mother for this name…