Amanda Peet Opens Up About Being A New Mom

Amanda Peet

Amanda Peet, who welcomed her first child, daughter Frances Pen, in February, opened up about being a new mom.

“I’m very busy with my baby – I have to get back to my projectile-vomiting baby,” Amanda, 35, told People magazine at Wednesday’s Oscar de la Renta boutique opening in West Hollywood benefiting the Women’s Cancer Research Fund.

“In the beginning, it’s very, very hard because you’re so sleep-deprived. But she just started smiling three days ago, so I’m on cloud nine right now.”

Amanda and her husband, screenwriter David Benioff, are already thinking about adding to their family. “I think we want more kids,” she said. “He wants three, but I’m old, I’m an old lady. Two is enough!”

Asked who has been giving her child-rearing advice, Amanda said: “My mom has been fantastic.”

David also has been helping out. “Changing diapers – he’s actually doing the night-feeding,” Amanda said. “He’s letting me sleep right now. The hardest part is being so monumentally sleep-deprived.”

David and Amanda married in September.

I couldn’t help but giggle when Amanda shared that she was, “an old lady!” She is only 35!

Comments

1. Elaine says

Good luck to her with the vomiting. It can be quite alarming at times – esp for a first time mum. My 3 month old daughter always brings up milk after a feed – some times quite a lot involving complete change of clothes for me and her! Its called possetting in the UK, which is quite a cute name IMO

2. onatear says

Beautiful mom. I hope she is kdding about the projectile vomiting, as this is a symptom of a serious medical problem in an infant. My 2 boys had projectile vomiting, and each had to have surgery. The oldest was about 2 months old before they diagnosed the problem. The younger was saved lossed weight, etc, and had surgery at 3 wks. Just in case any other young mother’s out there experience that..be sure to tell your dr. Projectile vomiting is not the same as the normal spitting up…

3. onatear says

4. Zbella says

Congrats to Amanda. I approve of her name choice. I also have a Francis – with an “i” – so he’s a boy.

Sleep deprivation… All mine nurse/nursed right from the source, never took a bottle and never missed a feeding.

5. Andrea says

I know what she means! I was longing for just 5 hrs of uninterrupted sleep when my baby was born. Forget about 6-8 hrs.

6. kim--original kim says

I had to laugh—when my firstborn was 2 mos old, the LAST thing I could think of was a second one! But by the time my daughter came last Sept., I was even prepared for the sleep deprivation again… Motherhood is the best!!!

7. maggie says

I cant wait to see frances Im sure shes a beautiful baby, and amanda is only 35 she is the age of having babies, now when shes 40 she should stop