Penelope Cruz Anxious To Have Children

Penelope Cruz

Penelope Cruz wants to have kids of her own, but she also hopes to adopt.

“Of course I want to have kids,” Penelope, 32, tells the Spanish edition of Marie Claire in its April issue. “I want to have my own kids, but also adopt. For a while I’ve had the feeling that my life won’t be complete if I don’t adopt.”

As for a prospective father of any children, Penelope – who split with Matthew McConaughey last year and has recently been linked with Orlando Bloom and Josh Hartnett – says she’s currently single.

“Yes, but that’s all I’m going to say,” she replies when asked. “I know in past interviews I talk about my job, but the article only talks about my personal life. I’m not entering into that game.”

Man or no man, Penelope says she’s enjoying life in Los Angeles.

“I didn’t like it immediately, but now it’s good. I’ve got a circle of dear friends; I love my house and my little dog Vino.”

Note: Yes…I know that Penelope and Tom are no longer together..but this was the most interesting photo of Penelope that I found. Most were just boring glamour shots, but this photo made me giggle! Tom has great hair in this pic!

Comments

1. Nisrine says

i love penelppe, shes classy,beautiful ,sexy..she looks like lebanese beauties ,,and she’s a humble person too..good luck!

2. Zbella says

Penelope used to bug me, but she has won me over. I really love her as a Spanish actress. She’s very talented and beautiful. I wish her the best with starting a family – just glad it’s NOT with Tom Cruise!

3. kim says

Dewey- I’m sorry but I’m not going to pay $47.95 for a pacifier. You must be a Dr. or something. Cute stuff though!

4. Dewey says

P.S go to Pink Taffy Designs they have the CUTEST THINGS!!!!!!!!!!! I buy stuff there for my son!

5. Dewey says

I think it is so cool that Penelope wants to have kids. Go for a natural birth, It hurts but is more, well natural, but if she chooses to adopt thats cool. I am adopting a 16 month old girl from Russia. I know how she feels. Your life is’nt complete tell you adopt. You have that feeling like you saved the baby’s life and that you gave it a good home. Good for her.

6. Donna says

I’m a big Penelope fan, but I winced a bit when she said she “wanted to have kids of her own” and adopt too. Adoptive parents consider their children their own too. I know she meant she wanted to have both biological and adoptive kids, but she could have been a little more thoughtful in her remarks.

Still a fan though…we just watched Volver last night and she was wonderful.

7. Lauren says

If and when Penelope has kids, they’ll be gorgeous. Tom and her would’ve had gorgeous kids. But, I have to admit, Suri is the cutest thing ever.

8. carleigh says

Does anyone notice how much more aware and alert Penelope appears in their pictures than Katie does in her pictures with Tom? Penelope just radiates and shines and poor Katie while she usually looks very well dressed just physically appears drained, dazed and tired all the time. I thought Katie was very pretty, fresh and vivacious when her and Tom first got together but in recent pictures either she’s sleep deprived and fatigued or she needs to find a new brand of make-up..she always just looks so tired in the face. Katie’s pretty but it’s just sad to see her go from how happy she first appeared to what she appears as now. I hope she’s happy and maybe it’s just being tired from Suri but she’s not always around Suri and has taken trips and stuff so it’s not like she can’t hand her off to a nanny and go take a nap. I love Penelope and think she’s absolutely stunningly beautiful…….now her and Tom’s kids wouldn’t that have been a beautiful combination. But, either way I love little Suri she’s just the cutest thing ever.

9. Ruby Jackson says

That’s a joke, right? About his hair?

I didn’t realize he’s been a shaggy dog for so long. I thought it was only recently.