Melania Trump Talks About Motherhood

Donald Trump

Melania Trump is having no trouble adjusting to being a mom – though 1-year-old Barron, her son with husband Donald Trump, keeps her busy.

“He’s a very smart boy with a lot of energy – sometimes he’s hard to control,” Melania, 36, told People magazine Thursday at a Best & Co. fashion show and breakfast to benefit the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

Even though he just celebrated his first birthday last month, little Barron is “very smart and very serious,” Melania said. “He’s walking and talking: He says Dadada and Mama. He’s throwing a lot of stuff and he’s just an amazing, amazing boy.”

And the Slovenian model is basking in the joys of being a mom: “Motherhood is amazing – there’s really nothing like it.”

Still, Melania, who said shortly after Barron was born that giving birth was “very, very easy,” admits that it can be challenging to make time for marriage, motherhood and herself. “It’s combining the whole thing together,” she said. “It’s another person that we have to take care of. It’s exciting, but it’s responsibility too.”

How did she and The Donald celebrate Barron’s March 20th birthday? Melania says they went to Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s Palm Beach, Fla., resort where they wed in 2005, and gave their son special – and top secret – present. “I don’t want to talk about it, but it was a very special gift.”

1. k says

easy birth,…i know what she is talking about. It’s genetics. My deliveries were exactly like my mother’s. I delivered my second child in 2.5 hours (from first contraction), the epidural didn’t work, but it was amazing. It only took 2 pushes. She is lucky. Her baby is beautiful!

2. Zbella says

Some folks do have easy births – but I don’t think it’s because you are/aren’t in shape so much as genetics. Each of mine got easier but I was in the best shape before/during my second pregnancy. Melania looks amazing, no doubt, she is in great shape! I think she has a natural beauty.

Thanks for the details on Trumps other kids. I didn’t realize his daughter with Marla Maples was already 12!

3. dori says

Donald and Ivanna have raised a group of wonderful children into fine respectable adults. I am sure this child will also grow into a fine and upstanding young man as well.

4. dori says

I don’t recall saying she ignored her kids either You sure did read a lot into one comical sentence.

5. dori says

Where did I say they are rich people who aren’t raising their children ? all I said was she has help… her life isn’t so hard. No need to blow it out of proportion. Cool down lady

6. carleigh says

Donald has three children with Ivana, Donald Jr., Ivanka, and Eric. He has one child w/ his ex-wife Marla Maples and her name is Tiffany and now little Barron makes 5 total. His kids are all beautiful and handsome…..goes to prove where the kids get their looks from. It’s funny how Melania describes Barron as energetic and full of life…how many other one yr. olds has she been exposed to……that’s just a typical child regardless of gender! LOL

7. Essie says

Cynth, giving birth is easy for some people, especially women who are in great shape with exercise, etc. before getting pregnant.

Dori, not all rich people ignore their kids and let the nanny raise them. So far, Trump and his ex-wives have managed to raise very good children. The older three are all graduates of good colleges and grad schools and are living useful lives, from what I understand. They don’t seem to be in the tabloids all that much because they don’t hang out at the clubs. You never even hear about Eric, the youngest son with Ivana. His daughter with that second wife is only about 12 so the jury is still out on her.

8. Lauren says

Barron is the spitting image of his daddy but he’s cuter. I hope he doesn’t have the comb over though. lol.

9. Cynth says

what a cute baby, but giving birth being easy? what??? does anyone know is she had a natural birth, epidural, or c-section? Any way, birth is not easy!

10. Zbella says

I can’t keep track of The Donald’s wives & kids. I know he has 3 grown children with Ivanna, but isn’t there another one, with yet another wife/girlfriend? Melania is beautiful – just hope she is prepared to be on her own if The Donald continues his trend of marriage – baby – divorce – remarry…

11. maggie says

ohh my, barron looks like a terrible baby, his in the age when they throw everything, so cuteee, poor melania but she seems to enjoy her son