Tobey Maguire In Parade Magazine

Tobey Maguire

Tobey Maguire and Jennifer Meyer (they are engaged to be married) let Jennifer’s dad, Ron Meyer, hold four-month-old Ruby Sweetheart in Malibu on March 17th. Grandpa reportedly has a tattoo of Ruby Sweetheart’s name! Wow…that’s super cute!

Tobey opened up to Parade magazine about his childhood, his new baby, and staying rich:

On growing up in a broken family:
“I always felt that there were people in my life who cared about me—that I was special to them…But the truth of the matter is, I realized at a young age that I was responsible for myself. My feelings of love or security or happiness—they were all in my own hands. I had plenty of difficult emotional and scary times as a kid, but I don’t dwell on it.”

On managing his ginormous bank account:
“When I first started being successful at this, financially speaking, I was very conservative with my money….You know those lottery winners who win big and then blow through all the money? That would never happen to me. My mentality about that has changed a bit.”

On raising his 5 month-old daughter, Ruby, in La La Land:
L.A. is my home, and I have a lot of friends here. But I’m at the stage where I have to start thinking about where I want Ruby to grow up and go to school…maybe it would be a good idea to try a different, less ambitious kind of atmosphere.”

Comments

1. carleigh says

He’s just a flagrant weirdo..poor kids…read up on him he’s interesting but a strange bird.

2. carleigh says

No Oriana, Moxie Crimefighter is the name of Penn Jillette..here’s a “real” link…it’s one of the far worst but it’s actually true..sad, sad but true..unfortunate for that little girl and he just had a son too…..drum roll please…Zolten..purely craptastic!!!!!!!

3. JACKIE says

I Like Jen, I think she is better tha n all those gold digging models who drape themselves all over a film star like a rush. I am glad Toby stopped cahsing cheap models and Dicaprio should take a hint. It does n’t hurt that daddy is Ron Meyer.

Sweetheart is a ridiculous name, how do you og for a job interview and introduce yourself as sweatheart? It is sweet though that grand pa has a tattoo of Ruby.

4. eminencegrise says

Oh, please! She’s got a face like a well-slapped bum!

But Daddy Moneybags behind her.

He’s no oil-painting himself – has a tendancy to go podgy.

Let’s hope the wee one looks more like him, though.

5. eminencegrise says

Oh, please! She’s got a face like a well-slapped bum!

But Daddy Moneybags behind her.

He’s no oil-painting himself – has a tendancy to go podgy.

Let’s hope the wee one looks more like him, though.

The baby is a cute baby but these names just kill me! I am sure she will LOVE her name when she gets older and in college!

7. Keni says

I said to assume MAY be ignorant…
    I do not think that Hollywood men have changed but they are not ALL the same.
    I am entitled to my opinion as are you thankfully, we have freedom of speech.
    I was merely pointing out that he MAY be different from some Hollywood men…
    That being said… I hope the baby doesnt have Super powers cuz she will totally get her parents for givin her the middle name ‘Sweetheart’ LOL

8. Miapocaa says

Hollywood Men have suddenly evolved into looking beneath the outer layer to appreciate other qualities ,………….Personality huh…hahahahha it defintley shines out in all the pictures , I am a convert……….I am in love with Jen Meyer

How long have they been engaged ?????

You are entitled to your opinion , voicing a diffrnt opinion should not be equated to ignorance.. It jsut one in a host of several explanations or opinions..another could be, they got high on dope and decided to have a baby, or the baby is actually spidermans with mysterious powers from planer zora ahhahaha………..however I thank you for Ignorance is Bliss…

9. Keni says

or… he could LOVE her personality or hmm Her?!?!
    Beauty is the eye of the beholder. The days I think that I look the worst are the days that others may find me most attractive.
    I think that to assume she has a magic coochie or that her dad pressured him Tobey “get with” her may be ignorant…
    I think shes beautiful because everyone is…

10. Miapocaa says

Hmm it is the RON MEYER….i thought he looke familair..boss of universsal studios..no wonder…now I understand…col career move..with this kid and dicrapio chasing after models, I wondered how he hooked up with ordinary jane……she migh thave some light under the bushel or daddy must have maguire by the cajones…..

11. Miapocaa says

Jennifer Meyer hasnt succumed to the hollywood plastic surgery craze or is that her improved nose..in any case she looks real and quite pretty…I wondered why these two were together, I ber Ron Meyer must be a heavy weight

12. carleigh says

Lovely little family, Ruby is a complete doll baby! They seem down to earth and very together…wishing them all the happiness.

13. dori says

I always see this couple laughing and looking like their having fun. And the granpa is very hands on. This is a great family!