Update On Johnny Depp's Daughter

Johnny Depp

I can’t believe how sad this is…please send thoughts and prayers to Johnny and his family.

In Touch magazine is reporting:

A rusty tack is responsible for the serious illness that could be threatening the life of Johnny Depp’s 7-year-old daughter, Lily-Rose, In Touch has learned exclusively.

Now one of Lily’s kidneys is affected, and she is not responding to treatment in London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children.

Lily trod on the nail at the farmhouse in France where she lives with the Pirates of the Caribbean star weeks ago. “Blood poisoning developed. It has now spread through her body and has affected her vital organs,” says one person with inside knowledge of the case.

After Johnny and the family moved to London last month, where he is filming the big screen version of the musical Sweeney Todd, Lily’s condition worsened. Johnny has halted filming so he can be at Lily’s bedside. Today’s London Daily Mirror broke the news that Lily was seriously ill, but did not reveal her condition.

Lily has now been in the hospital since February 28th, In Touch has learned, and is not responding to treatment.

She is the older child of Johnny, 43, and singer Vanessa Paradis, 34. They also have a son, Jack, 4.

Johnny’s rep tells In Touch, “We are happy to report that their daughter is doing much better. The family greatly appreciates the continued support and respect of their privacy.”

Comments

1. Kayla says

I’m so glad that Lily-Rose recovered from the deadly disease and i’m just so glad that shes ok now, i can’t imagine what Johnny went through, he must have been so scared when the doctors told him that she’d need a transplant but luckily she got a lot better and didn’t need one [= Johnny is just such a great father and he would do absolutely anything for his kids [= i just love Him so much !!!

Vote For Johnny as numba 1 Celeb Daddy 🙂

Thankies 🙂

I don’t think she has tetanus…. she has a septic infection from whatever bacteria was on that nail, her body wasn’t able to fight it and her system got overcome. Tetanus causes lockjaw, maninly muscle contractions resulting in death and almost unheard of due to immunization. This can happen to anyone!

I admire and respect Johnny for his views, my children are my light and believe they have so much to teach in this world. I also hold special place for Lily-Rose, she and my daughter were both born on May 27, 1999. I am so thankful she is responding, we will continue our prayers!

Oh I hated to read about this, I hope she is doing better and gets a speedy recovery soon!

Johnny and his wife both seem like loving, devoted parents to me!

Prayers and best wishes to all of them!!!!!!

4. Krissy Stoneberg says

I am very sorry to hear that something like this has happened to any little girl. I don’t know what I would do if that happened to one of my girls. My prayers are with them!

5. Jenna M. says

#13, children in the UK are immunised against tetnus as well. If its not tetnus then it might me septacemia or something.

This is horrible, I really hope she makes a full and quick recovery.

My thoughts go out to her family.

6. carleigh says

This child probably has tetnus from stepping on a rusty nail. I know in the US that children are immunized against tetnus (which is typically found in rusty nails/tacks and in soil). I hope that their daughter pulls through this illness and comes out OK, it’s sad to think that something as simple as a tetnus shot and a good pair of shoes could have prevented this terrible situation. Either way, what is done is done and now anyone can hope and pray is that Lily Rose makes a complete recovery…my prayers are with Johnny and Vanessa and their sweet little girl. God speed her to a total recovery!

7. Melanie says

Homeopothy has something for blood poison. I have even heard that Mel Gibson uses it. It works wonders.

8. Nicki says

Good news is that his reps say she is responding and MUCH better. Thanks god, prayers are powerful, and many have been sending them to Johnny and Vanessa for Lily. Not sure if I would believe Out of Touch rag mag for the news, but MANY other sources have said she is on the way to recovery.
    I for one believe in the love of children to help us mature and change. I loved the article where Johnny stated how he would play Barbies with Lilly Rose for hours and just loved that time with her. I think he is a very loving Dad and enjoys being with his kids.
    I’m sending my prayers to Lily Rose and her family.

Every article I’ve ever read about Johnny indicates he loves his children more than life itself, and it is so sad that his daughter is not well. He is always wearing little pieces of jewelry she makes him. I’m sure he’s devastated.

10. Gesa says

Btw, if it´s true that Lily Rose has a septic shock, I can at least say that children usually have a better prognis than adults with septic shock!

11. Gesa says

Oh please, let this not be true…… I hope she will soon respond to the treatment, whatever illness she may have…!

12. boo says

Oh my goodness, poor Girl 🙁 ….My thoughts are with her and her family.

Get Well soon Lily!!~*

13. Lauren says

OMG! Poor Lily-Rose. Best wishes to Johnny and his family. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

This is just terrible news! Probably a staph infection, it can be very serious indeed! I know this family is devastated, all our prayers are with them for sure!

15. JJ says

I am so saddened by this story and my prayers go to Johnny I love him a lot and fingers crossed his daughter gets better.