Gwyneth Paltrow Says She Loves Being A Housewife

Gwyneth Paltrow
Gwyneth, who has been on a bit of a self-imposed career hiatus since becoming a wife and mother, says she’s excited to get back to work – but calls the last three years the best of her life.

Asked on the Oprah Winfrey Show Monday if she’s looking forward to going back to work,Gwyneth, 34, answered: “I’m really looking forward to it as an artist and as somebody who that part of me has been dormant for a long time.”

Gwyneth, who most recently starred in Running with Scissors, said, however, that her other job has been just as fulfilling as acting. “I’ve been at home being a housewife, which is amazing and I’ve loved every second of it,” she told Winfrey’s pal Gayle King backstage at the Academy Awards.

She also called being wife (to Coldplay singer Chris Martin) and mother (to Apple, 2, and Moses, 10 months) “definitely the hardest job.”

“It’s 24 hours a days, seven days a week and they want you present and real and connected and there – but it’s been the best three years of my life.”

It’s nice to hear a celeb affirm the joy and beauty of being a housewife!

Comments

1. Cheryl says

I wonder if her version of being a housewife includes cooking, cleaning, having your kids with you about 20 hours a day (I’m not counting the 2 hour nap if you are lucky and the 2 hours you spend hiding in the bathroom when your hubby gets home again if you are lucky) doing lawn work and paying bills. Do you think she has ever cleaned a toilet or grape juice out of a white carpet. Until that happens sorry honey you just don’t qualify for the title of housewife.

2. Denise says

I agree w/ #5,6,7,8 – If money was not object I would love being at stay at home mother myself but I have to live in the real world which includes a childcare, bills, and a fulltime job.

3. Nicki says

Are we still calling it “housewife?” Did you marry a house?
    Isn’t it a “stay-at-home Mom” or even a “homemaker?”………But come on a housewife????? Who wears heels, pearls and a dress to vaccuum, do dishes,clean toilets and the floors????? I’m sure Gwyenth has all kinds of help, and who wouldn’t if they could afford it?? I guess she could say “stay at home Mom”. She looks like a great Mom and I wish them the best.

4. Ellen says

I wouldn’t need a nanny if I had somebody to do the cooking and cleaning. The childcare would certainly be easier and more enjoyable that way.

5. Robin says

I second that Nat – OF COURSE its easy for you Gwennie!
    you dont have to sweat the small stuff like worrying about the cost of mortgage payments, diapers, clothing, food, GOOD childcare, etc etc
    If I didnt have those worries I would be walking around in a daze too!

6. Nat says

I’d love to be a housewife too if I had loads of money and could hire a nanny for each of my kids!

7. Lauren says

Both Chris and Gwyneth seem like amazing devoted parents to both Moses and Apple. They look like a really solid family unit.

8. Essie says

Julia Roberts has said the same thing about loving being a housewife. Both Julia and Gwyneth have had long, successful careers so I’m glad they are happy now just being with their husbands and children.