Marcia Cross & Husband Welcome Twin Daughters

Marcia Cross

Marcia Cross welcomed fraternal twin daughters on Tuesday, her rep confirms.

The girls, Eden and Savannah (what gorgeous names!), who were born at a Los Angeles hospital, are the first children for the Desperate Housewives actress, 44, and her stockbroker husband Tom Mahoney, 49, who married in June 2006.

“Mother and babies are all doing well,” says Marcia’s rep, Heidi Slan.

Marcia had been on bed rest since January.

Her rep told the Associated Press that the bed rest was merely a “precautionary measure,” and Marcia herself said in December that she’d been having a problem-free pregnancy.

“I am absolutely, 100 percent fine,” she told TV’s Extra, though she admitted: “It’s hard to carry around all that weight. I wake up feeling like me and then I step on the ground and I’m like, whose body is that walking to the bathroom?”

Still, she said in December that having babies later in life is “like a miracle … I didn’t think it would happen.”

Congratulations!

Comments

1. Jenna M. says

Nikki (#11), fraternal just means non-identical I think, not necessarily opposite sex.

I wonder if the girls have red hair like Marcia. Are there any photos of them online yet?

2. Bree says

I am so happy that Marcia now has the family she has always wished for! I do hope however that she is nothing like her desperate housewives character Bree, as she isnt such a good mom :-S

3. Nikki (Preg) says

um a agree such cute normal names but i thought fraternal ment one boy and one girl? cuz i have twin friends who are “Fraternal” Twins Kyle&Lauren….just say`n…
    anywho, congrates on the twins!!! hope there happy and healthy 🙂

4. Jenna .M. says

I’m really happy for them, I’m a big fan of Marcia’s.

I love the names, they’re so elegant and sophisticated. I can’t wait to see photos of them.

5. Jacquie says

Well congrats on babies Eden and Savannah!! I must agree with everyone they are beautiful down to earth names that one day they will say thanks Mom/Dad for being kind to us 😉

6. Lauren says

Congrats to Marcia. I’m sure those girls are gorgeous. I really love the names too. Especially Eden, it’s very classy. It’s refreshing to hear that a celeb named her kids normal names.

7. KMisaHO says

Congratulations! I think that I read somewhere that they were 6 weeks premature. They must be little! Those are very pretty names! It’s so nice to hear “normal” names these days! Anyway…I hope all is well!

8. boo says

I bet she’s thrilled to be a mom, but just as thrilled to get off of bedrest and have the Belly gone.
    I can’t wait to see pics, I’m thinking they will both have red hair like their Mama….Does anyone know what they weighed??, I’m just curious being that they were premie and twins.
    And I love their names, very pretty!
    Congrats Marsha and Tom!~*