Kevin Moves In To Seek Custody Of The Kids

Britney Spears

A day after Britney checked out of rehab after a one-day stay, Kevin will be in court amid a custody dispute over their two sons.

Kevin, 28, and his attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, are scheduled to appear at a downtown Los Angeles courthouse today for an emergency hearing in family law court, Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini told the AP.

It was not known what issue Kevin plans to raise, but Britney, 25, is not expected to appear. “Our best information is he will be here; she won’t,” Parachini said. “But anything is possible.”

Kaplan will try to convince the court that whatever he is concerned about is so urgent that it needs to be fast-tracked, Parachini said.

Kevin filed a claim seeking sole custody of Sean Preston, 17 months, and Jayden James, 5 months, after Britney filed for divorce in November.

In early January Britney and Kevin agreed upon a temporary arrangement granting Britney primary custody of the boys, with visitation rights for Kevin. On February 1st that arrangement was extended through the end of this month.

Because Britney can designate somebody to look after the children in her absence, the arrangement will remain “status quo” even if she is in rehab, Manhattan divorce attorney Nancy Chemtob explains.

Kevin is actually looking pretty good here…but it is just all so bizarre! The following actually speaks well of Kevin:
“Britney’s family feels that Kevin has been a blessing and they are very impressed with Kevin taking so much responsibility,” says a Spears family source. “Britney’s family found out from the news this morning that Britney had left the rehab. Britney has not asked to see the kids because she knows she is not well and she does not want to scare Preston. She has no credit cards or cash. She is basically on the run at the moment.”

Yesterday Britney was spotted at the law offices of Tarlow & Berk, the high-powered lawyers who represented Mel Gibson in last year’s DUI case. Britney was sitting in the passenger’s seat of a blue Mercedes talking intensely on her cell phone while her cousin, Allie Sims, sobbed.

An eyewitness says, “Brit smoked cigarettes and talked on the phone while Allie had tears streaming down her face. Brit just has a blank look on her face.”

Britney Spears

At about 2 p.m. PST (yesterday) Britney left the law office and was driven down L.A.’s Sunset Strip and taken to the Hotel Bel Air.

Lordy!

Comments

1. Kamineko says

Responsible? What about the other children he has with the previous lady he dumped for Brit? The woman was pregnant with their (2nd?, 3rd?) child when he left her! They are his kids too! Both Kevin and Brit appear to be self absorbed and immature, not to mention careless parents!

2. ladybug says

I feel bad for britney. She is obviously dealing with post-partum depression and she needs help …FAST!!! I just really hope that she straightenes up for the sake of her babies. I am glad the Kevin is stepping up, I just hope he is this involved with his other kids. Britney seems to have a loving extended family and I really think that those boys are loved and cared for. My heart goes our to her for whatever she’s going through, but my prayers are iwth the babies.

3. Bree says

I never really thought of Kevin as being the responsible one in this relationship, but it is pretty clear now that he actually is! Although both of them enjoy to go out partying and having fun with their friends, at least Kevin knows when its time to calm down for the sake of his kids. I hope poor Britney will soon be able to do the same!

4. REPORTERNMOM says

I THINK KEVIN IS BEING THE RESPONSIBLE PARENT HERE & THESE TWO SMALL BABIES NEED A STABLE ENVIRONMENT & RIGHT NOW THAT SEEMS TO BE KEVIN ,BRITNEY NEEDS TO GET HELP FOR HERSELF & AT LEAST FOR NOW GIVE KEVIN CUSTODY OF THE TWO BOYS FOR THE TIME BEING , HER DADS OWN WORDS I BELEIVE WE HAVE A VERY SICK GIRL HERE. SO ,HOPEFULLY BRITNEY WILL GET THE HELP SHE NEEDS IF NOT FOR HERSELF FOR THE SAKE OF SP & JJ .

5. MissyMama says

Maybe Britney is mentally unstable, and always has been, but the pressures of motherhood and the divorce might have finally caused her to snap. Maybe she used to take medication for it, but stopped and started self medicating with alcohol and illegal substances.

I don’t know, I’m at a loss here trying to find some sort of reasonable explaination here….

6. Lauren says

7. Lauren says

I wonder what took so long for Kevin to file the emergency hearing. But, I’m glad he’s finally scheduled one. I hope that the judge will award custody to Kevin, even if it is temporary. He can provide a better and stable home life for those boys. Britney doesn’t deserve to have them.

8. Paula says

You know, I never really followed Kevin and Britney much before now and heard alot of bad stuff about him but was it really him? From some of the youtube videos she’s really off the wall. Maybe he wasn’t such a bad guy after all, maybe just a bad rapper or whatever he was. Maybe she’s been pretty hard to live with. She might have had that I’m Britney Spears syndrome or something. There is always he said, she said but then there’s the truth. Maybe he knows a lot about Britney that no one else does and him living with her he probably does, that’s why he wants sole custody of the kids. I’ve never like Britney and now she’s done nothing to make me like her. I have read where Kevins friends said she was into all kinds of group sex with men and women and really preferred women, which if that’s what she likes so what. If any of that’s true but from some of the pictures it could be.

9. MissyMama says

I guess now that she is back in rehab, Kevin has cancelled the court hearing.

I wonder how long Britney will stay this time….

10. who cares says

Britney has just entered REHAB again…for the 3rd time. Guess the thought of Kevin going to the courts for an “emergency hearing” for the welfare of HIS boys scared her enough. I don’t think Kevin’s screwing around here. I sincerely feel like he loves those boys, so let him have them.

11. boo says

I really hope for SP and JJ’s sake that the judge awards him temporary full custody today,UNTIL, Brit get’s the help she needs. Those boys deserve some stability in their lives… and they definitely aren’t getting it with their mother.

I think the thought of losing her children for good, may be the push she needs to say to herself enough is enough, and get the help that she so desperately needs….although then again for the past 4 months there have been many people talking about how her behavior could cost her her kids, and she’s continued on her destuctive path… so who knows!~*

12. MissyMama says

I was wondering how long it would take for K-Fed to get to court.

Those poor boys…What the hell is wrong with Britney?!?