Finally…Anna Nicole & Daniel To Be Reunited

Anna Nicole Smith

UPDATE: Richard Milstein, the court-appointed guardian of Dannielynn Smith, announced that he intends to bury Anna Nicole Smith in the Bahamas next to her son Daniel.

Florida Circuit Court Judge Larry Seidlin ruled Thursday that Richard Milstein, the court-appointed guardian of Anna Nicole Smith’s daughter Dannielynn, will get custody of Anna’s remains.

Judge Seidlin also said that he’d like Anna to be buried in the Bahamas next to her son, Daniel Smith, who died last year.

“I want her buried with her son,” a tearful Seidlin said when announcing his ruling. “I want her buried with her son in the Bahamas. I want them to be together.”

The judge directed Milstein to consult with Anna’s mother, Virgie Arthur, ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead and her lawyer and companion, Howard K. Stern, on the burial plans for Anna.

When Seidlin announced the ruling both Stern and Arthur broke down in tears.

“The Broward County medical examiner is ordered to release those remains to Milstein in accordance with Milstein’s (direction),” Seidlin said. “Milstein is directed to consult with Arthur, Birkhead and Stern with respect to disposition of Anna Nicole Smith’s remains.” But he noted that Milstein had final discretion over Anna’s interment.

All three parties had been fighting to determine where Anna’s body should be buried. Stern said he wanted to carry out Anna’s wish to be laid to rest next to her son in the Bahamas. Arthur claimed next-of-kin status and wanted the body to be put in a family plot in Texas. Birkhead, who aligned himself with Arthur, testified that Anna wanted to buried in California near Marilyn Monroe.

After four days of testimony, Seidlin, who had previously said he would announce a ruling on Friday, abruptly concluded testimony on Thursday afternoon. He took a 15-minute recess to review evidence in his chamber before announcing his decision.

Prior to adjourning the court, Seidlin explained, “(I) tried to get a reasonable result. I hope when you hear it you handle it with the respect and dignity that Anna Nicole Smith would want.”

Seidlin also encouraged all the participants to resolve the ongoing paternity battle. “Submit to DNA (testing),” he urged. “Enough baloney.”

For whatever reason, when I heard that Anna would finally be allowed to be laid to rest beside her son I got all teary-eyed. I have a son, and this just seems like a blessed sense of closure to the whole tragic situation.

1. Stacey says

2. S says

God with her body decomposing and her psycho mother blocking the order WTF? Can this woman rest in peace without every gold digger coming out of the woodworks trying to get a piece of the action. Stupid. Just bury her already in her rightful place next to her Son. Her obese mother had not talked to her in decades.

Howard if you are the father of that beautiful little girl why be afraid to let Larry get the paternity test done and over with so you can go on with your life as well as Dannielynn. This way Anna Nicole’s Mother can’t try to take that little girl away from you and screw up Dannielynn’s life like she has screwed up Poor Anna Nicole’s life. All I seen through this how trail was how much of a liar she is and how selfish and how greedy she really is. She never had nothing to with Anna for over a decade and as soon as she loses her daughter her role as the grieving mother comes out . If she cared so much about her Anna why didn’t she try to make amends with her ten years ago. She didn’t care then to try to work things out why be there now that she is dead. Virgie all the stuff that your doing now is just to be centre of attention and you don’t belong there your a money grabbing, selfish and a pathetic humanbeing that doesn’t deserve to have the right to be anyone’s mother. Any woman can give birth to a child, but it takes a special woman to be a mother and your not that special person Virgie.

I am so happy for Howard Stern & Anna Nicole Smith’s body guard/friend & everyone else who is associated with the diseased got their wish that Anna is going to be buried with her beloved son Daniel. From here on I hope that everyone like the papprazzi and the ones who have private pictures of Anna will stop trying to make money by exploiting her as she was and let her and her son rest in peace from this moment on and Howard if you love that baby as much as you say you do please protect her from the media and hope to not see Dannielynn exploited in the near future like her Mother was look what it has done to Anna Nicole Smith do want that for your Daughter I sure won’t want that for my baby if you really care for her . Your suppose to be the one to protect her and I hope your the person I always hoped you’d be so don’t let Dannielynn down.
    Take care and GOD BLESS YOU & DANNIELYNN.

5. lil says

Richard Milstein is a court appointed guardian for the baby until further issues such as WHO the daddy is.

6. Jenna .M. says

I don’t know why Howard, Larry and Virgie etc are arguing over where she’s buried. She is dead, her spirit is no longer in her body so it doesn’t matter. I’m sure Anna would have wanted to be buried next to her son, so I can’t imagine why Larry or Virgie would contest that.

The wee girl is the only important thing now. Why on earth don’t they just do paternity tests once and for and get it all over with, for Daniellyne’s sake?

Who is the Richard guy who has custody? Is her a relative or something?

7. KMisaHO says

Well…this was a no-brainer decision! Why it took so long and so much (wasted) money, I will never know! Hopefully, Anna Nicole can finally Rest in Peace!

8. Jacquie says

Well all I can say is that is as it should be! ANS would have had no rest in eternity I think if there had been any other decision.
    Her “mother” and I use that term loosely is terrible to be even thinking of filing an appeal! Bad bad woman!
    I hope the next resolved issue is that sweet baby! What a sad event for her to have to have as a legacy. Poor poor girl.

9. MissyMama says

I hope the appeal is denied. Anna should be buried by her son. I know that I would want to be buried next to my children.

I wish this whole fiasco would just end. Take the damn paternity test already!! Jeez!

10. boo says

The coroner has said that something needs to be done with the body very soon, before it decomposes so bad they can’t have an open casket…. They can’t keep dragging this on, I wonder if the judge will take the appeal… ( or does he have a choice in the matter??)
    Someone needs to tell Virgie to stick it , and let Anna Rest In Peace…poor girl, I heard her mom made her life miserable while she was alive and apparently wants to continue that even after her Death… she is such a Bit*h!~*

11. Diva says

Unbelievable….. I just read that Anna Nicole’s mother filed an APPEAL!

She makes my skin crawl.

12. Diva says

Certainly a sigh of relief. It would have seemed a terrible injustice for her to be buried anywhere else.

13. Lauren says

It’s nice to know that Anna will be laid to rest next to her son. It would’ve been immoral for Anna to be buried in Texas while Daniel was buried in The Bahamas. I pray that both Anna and Daniel find peace.

14. Lauren says

It’s bittersweet to hear that Anna and Daniel will be buried next to each other. Daniel was Anna’s world and it’s nice to hear that she’ll finally be laid to rest next to her beloved son. I pray that she and Daniel find peace. I feel for Dannielynn and hope they can resolve the paternity test soon! It’s time to stop all the fighting.

15. boo says

That is so good to hear, I’m glad she is going to be forever with her son….I think it would’ve been so wrong to take her to Texas When her son is Buried in the Bahama’s, everyone knows that she would not have wanted that.
    It’s nice to hear some good news for a change…. bitter-sweet good news mind you, but good none the less.