Ryan Phillippe Reveals How Much Ava Is Helping Him To Get Through The Breakup Of His Marriage To Reese

OMG! Ryan and Reese need to get back together! This is sooooo sad!

Reese Witherspoon
Calling this “the most personally devastating time in [my] life,” Ryan Philippe says his daughter Ava is helping him get through the breakup of his marriage to Reese Witherspoon.

“Going through something like this, as difficult as it is, my daughter has been the inspiration – my 7-year-old daughter Ava,” Ryan told Ellen DeGeneres in an episode of her talk show airing Friday.

The little girl is beyond her years in “conscientiousness and maturity,” he says. “I know it sounds pathetic – I’m a 32-year-old guy, but my 7-year-old daughter is getting me through the toughest time in my life, and that’s beautiful too.”

Asked how his and Reese’s son Deacon is handling the divorce, Ryan told Ellen DeGeneres, “He’s all right, you know. I mean, 3-year-olds – he’s fun, every day he says something that makes me laugh, warms my heart. They’re hanging in there. It ain’t easy.”

Ryan and Reese, 30, separated in October after seven years of marriage.

“It’s devastating,” Ryan told Ellen DeGeneres, “but the bottom line is the focus is on the children, and they’re doing amazingly well and that’s really all that matters.”

1. AnnMichelle says

That has to be an older photo of Ava. Ive seen recent pix of her and she is an average 7year old size. The little girl in this photo looks like she’s 4.

2. boo says

I see what you mean, she is very tiny, I don’t think she’s too much taller then my nearly 4 yr old and he is not all that tall… I know some soon to be 3 year olds that tower over him…hehe.
    I wonder if ryan did cheat on Reese… I know he says he didn’t do everything thing that he’s been accused of but he hasn’t flat out denied cheating so I think he probably did…. It’s too bad really, they made a great couple, it’d be nice if they could work it out cuz he does look heartbroken over it… but at the same time, I’ve been through it with a cheating boyfriend and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone… it’s hurts like hell… so I see why Reese has said No more…. as they say once a cheater always a cheater and living and working in hollywood would probably make it a whole easier for cheating to take place. At least the kids are doing o.k with everything happening, that’s the most important part!~*

3. sharon says

Ava is so cute. She totally doesn’t look like she is 7 though. I dunno maybe my girls are just amazons, but she looks so small beside that car door…..too cute though

4. Diva says

He’s doing interviews because he has a movie out.

You people are so freaking judgemental and unforgiving.

5. Essie says

He cheated, he got caught and now his PR people are trying to make him look like he’s the injured party. He’s the one giving all the “sympathy interviews” while Reese holds her head up high and concentrates on her babies.

I really dislike him and I won’t bother paying to watch any more of his movies and I used to like him. Never again.

6. eminencegrise says

He pulled an Ethan Hawke and cheated on his wife, apparently.

She’s the one holding it together for not exposing him, holding her head up and rising above, like Uma Thurman did.

7. NO NAME says

Compared to Reese, he looks like he’s holding up pretty damn well. I believe he’s preying on the public’s sympathy so he won’t be seen as the bad guy in this situation. IF he did infact have an affair, he’ll get everything that he deserves. It’s just sad the kids will end up paying for it.

8. Lauren says

This is soo sad. It totally sounds like he regrets the end of his marriage. It’s refreshing to see Reese and Ryan put their differences aside and keep it civil for their kids. Best of luck to them all!

9. carleigh says

I read that he cheated on Reese with an actress named Abby Cornish..I don’t feel sorry for him, he brought it on himself. As for the kids, yes it’s very sad that children are stuck in the middle when parents divorce. Hopefully Ava and Deacon will grow up happily and come through this with the minimum of pain. Wish the best to Reese, and the kids, Ryan can drop dead for all I care if it’s true he cheated.

10. MissyMama says

Very sad indeed. I know we have no idea what truely happened to end their marriage, but it sounds like he regrets having the marriage come to an end.

It is nice to see them behaving like adults and putting their pain aside for their children.

Ava looks so much like her mommy. Too cute.