Comments

1. Jenna M. says

Firstly, I’m going to call myself Jenna M. from now on to distinguish myself from the other jenna on here.

Secondly, why must you always state that certain kids are adopted webmistress? I love your site, but as a future adoptive parent it really annoys me when you always mention that this or that child is adopted. It makes no difference. Liam is six years old, its not as if he is newly adopted so there is no need to point it out. I mean, you wouldn’t say “her caesarean-section son” or “her prematurely-born son” would you?

2. Jenn says

Anyway, what I meant to add at the end there is would Babyrazzi be willing to adopt the same policy that their predeccesors do?

3. Jenn says

No kidding. I hate that label. I had actually emailed the Celebrity Baby Blog about three years ago to ask them to make sure they didn’t, and I got an email back from them saying they would not. I really respect that. Of course, since they have a lot of writers, sometimes there are mistakes, but Danielle or Sarah always corrects it right away. As an adoptive parent of a son myself, I do appreciate it. I have two biological children as well, but to make distinctions like that is unnecessary, IMO.

4. DJ says

No kidding! The owner of this blog seems intent on always pointing out when children are adopted, even after many readers have asked her to be more sensitive to the issue. She obviously doesn’t care…I hope she never becomes an adoptive parent.

5. kristin says

I was about to post the same comment before reading the others. By using this label all the time, you are saying that it’s an important distinction. And it’s not– Liam is Calista’s son. Period.

I agree with SW. This world is full of labels please drop that one!

Hard to believe Liam is now 6, where does the time go? He looks like he’s telling mom a great story, I recognize that from my own chatterbox son!

I agree with SW. This world is full of labels please drop that one!

Hard to believe Laim is now 6, where does the time go? He looks like he’s telling mom a great story, I recognize that from my own chatterbox son!

8. Social Worker says

I am having an issue with the “adopted” child label put on every single entry. (see recent Hugh Jackman…) I think at this point, people know if a celebrity’s child is adopted or biological and it seems that the constant reminder only serves to remind that the child is somehow “less than” because they are adopted. Can’t these children just be the celebrity’s child?