Patrick Dempsey Talks About Family

Here Patrick was snapped with his daughter Talula out in LA buying her a new bike helmet.

Patrick Dempsey

And here is an adorable pic of a very dapper Patrick with Talula on the set of Enchanted!

Patrick Dempsey

Life magazine has a nice interview with Patrick Dempsey. Patrick, 41 (well..technically he turns 41 on Saturday!), has a five-year-old daughter, Talula, with wife, Jillian, and he and Jillian are expecting twin boys this winter!

Dr. McDreamy sounds like an amazing father in real life!

“Fatherhood is the most important thing. Everything else is a joke,” he tells Life magazine.

“Now,” says Patrick, “making money is about providing for my children. And being a father makes you look at yourself. You look at your marriage and go ‘How do I improve this? How do I keep growing and create a stable environment for my children?’ ”

Patrick Dempsey

One way, he reveals, is to go to couples therapy. “Yeah, we go in for checkups and go ‘Hey, here’s what we need to work on,’ ” he says. “We’ve had a very good relationship from the beginning, but you run into things you have to work through.”

He also adds that therapy “is easier than fighting with someone.”

There are also some remedies that he delivers at home. “Reading to my daughter has been therapeutic,” says Patrick, who is dyslexic. “I’ve gone back and started to learn to read on a very basic level. I’m reading Dr. Seuss, and I’m healing that part of myself, as well as developing my daughter.”

You can read the whole article here!

Comments

1. carleigh says

Now Dustin Diamond that guy who played Screech on “Saved By The Bell” that’s a type-cast stereotypical profile of a loser geek! Patrick Dempsy made his earlier career out of playing “geeky” roles, but remember so did Brendan Fraiser and he’s a hottie too! Rob Lowe went through a geeky stage too i.e. The Outsiders, Youngblood,Class…so did John Cusak for that matter. Patrick admits he was very fortunate that he was able to secure the role on G.A. That’s not what in my opinion makes him sexy, it’s that he is a human being, flaws and all and he seems to be genuine. He admits that his nose has been broken like three times, his face is less than good looking, he has a learning disability, and that he abhors plastic surgery and actually doesn’t mind getting the gray’s in his hair, he is comfortable with WHO he is and that to me is truly SEXY!

2. jessica says

Sorry, but I can’t get his “geeky” younger image out of my head (ie-the movie “Can’t buy me love”)

To me, he will always be a geek.

It is his role on G.A. that makes him sexy.

Hmm…Interesting how that role was originally supposed to go to Rob Lowe. I wonder how that would of changed the show?

3. Tina says

Kudo’s to Patrick Demsey, it seems like he really loves his family and the picture with his wife pregnant is priceless.

4. MissyMama says

I find Eric Dane (McSteamy) WAY more sexy, but Patric has always has an allure about him. I loved his movies in the “80s or was it early ’90s?? I don’t remember, but I’ve always thought his looks were so so, but there is something about him that pulls you in.

I need to read that whole article. #6 I agree with you, his views on fatherhood, marriage DO make him more appealing/sexy if you will.

5. Brandy says

#5 – I can not say I agree with your comment, sexy isn’t always about one’s physical appearance. I think he is good looking, but if he weren’t I’d think he was super sexy anyway b/c of his views on fatherhood/ marriage, etc.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though, so I guess sexy is too.

6. eminencegrise says

Sexy?

Have you taken leave of your sense?

He’s got a face like a blind carpenter’s thumb!

UGLY!

7. Nisa says

He is such a sweet guy, I read the whole interview and I could not believe that there are still sane people in this industry. I wish him and his wife the best. Now if this couple split, I will quit showbiz.

I like what he say s about reading to his daughter being therapeutic. He can over come Dyslexia like many acotrs have. It can be such a tough condition.

8. KMisaHO says

“Daddy McDreamy” I love that black and white picture of him and his wife’s belly. It’s so “spiritual”.

9. carleigh says

A man who actually loves, truly loves fatherhood, works to sustain his marriage through the good and not so good times…endears him and makes him even more of a MCDREAMY come true! I think he’s got it all and he is just coming full circle! Long live “Gray’s Anatomy”!